Aesorian

Reaction score
Hello everyone, sorry for the monster post that is about to happen, but here we go:

I started to do a scouting game on 11.3 and after 2 seasons I stopped to find that (to my horror) Villa were 3 points off relegation in the 2011/2012 season and had lost more games than one of the teams who DID get relegated. So I had to jump in to save the day (Of course)

Anyway, this is the squad in Inherited:

First Team:
AstonVillaAstonVilla_Players-2.png

Reserves:
AstonVillaAstonVillaRes_Players-2.png

To be honest, there are far too many players there I know nothing about, so going by Age, and McAllister's recomendations, I'm going to cull the squad a little

My Plans so far:

1st Team (Out):
Brad Friedel
Vito Mannone
Ricardo Osorio
Richard Dunne
Stylian Petrov
John Carew

Reserves (Out):
Peter Czvitkovics

Then I've got £40m to spend on transfers (and £200k-£300k left for wages before the players above get sold off) and I'm thinking:

In:
David Ospina {£1.5m}
Fabio {£9.0m}
Dredryck Boyata {£6.5m}
Adam Matthews {£130k}
Chrsitan Derflinger {£2.5m}
Gabriel Obertan {£2.2m}

Now the real questions:

Isla's best position is as a CM (apparently) should I stick him there and then buy Kyle Walker {£3.1m} and Micah Richards {£2.5m} or should I use him as a RB and only get one, if so which one?

I plan to play a 4-2-3-1 with the Midfield 2 being a Ball Winning Mid and a Deep Lying Playmaker. If Isla is the DLP should I pick up another Ball wining CM? (Lee Cattermole is available for about £8.0m) Also Sandro is transfer Listed and is another option for the DLP position (Although my long term goal is to put Delph in that position if I can)

Finally, Stephen Warnock should I try and flog him off and get another LB and should I keep Mannone and use him as my 3rd choice keeper, or look for someone younger with better potential?

Thanks and any advice would be appreciated

Isla is a kick *** WBR if you retrain him, was easily my best player on my everton save

for signings, take look here:

Raikan007's All in one Player thread
Raikan007's Player Recommendation List
Raikan007's Wonderkid Shortlist

PM me if you want the best suggestions out of the lot :)

Sell:
as you said, plus....

• Richard Dunne
  • Jean II Mekoun
  • Mannone
  • and the rest of the deadwood...
Promote:

• Skjelbred
  • Delfouneso
  • Albrighton
  • Delph
(look in the all in one player thread linked above)

You need a very good new Central Defender (Mario Fernandes - Gremio) a new Defensive Cm (Jucilei - Corninthians) a new Keeper (Onur Kivrak - Trabzonspor) new Left back (Georgy Schennikov - CSKA) new striker Thiago Ribeiro - Cruzeiro)

if you can get Richards at that price, buy him :) Isla is a good player no matter where you play him :) it depends on how you want to play him :)

Cattermole is a good player as well as being HG, Jordon Mutch should be looked at as well :)

Supposedly Ashley Young is tearing it up in my latest tactic, you can download it if you want here :)

Do not buy any of the players you suggested except Ospina and Boyata, there are much better players out there than this :)

look at Kameni, Ochoa, Ustari, Demirel, Cros etc etc....

Raikan007's 4-3-3 tactic :)

hope this helps :)

i think makoun is underrated player.. main thing to do with villa is get rid of the high waged players theres a lot of them who are no good.

defo looks like you need a decent striker.

and if you need to invest across the whole team you should aim for someone like Lacina Traore, providing no big team has already signed him.

seems to always do well for me.

Thanks for the (quite frankly epic) post Raikan.

I'll look into the players you suggested; and I'll try and pick up Mutch as well (although being Villa that could prove difficult)

I'll keep you posted on how Young does with your formation :D

EditL Traore does sound like a good option for a big man upfront... Hmmm, choices choices

Last edited: