Aston Villa appoint ex-Kop Boss Houllier as manager

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 2K
Very successful manager, and a very strong leader. I think it looks like a bright appointment.

Urrmmm,

Good appointment from Villa, it will be interesting to see how he gets on.

As you said, proven in England, let's see if he can get Villa into Champions League football?

Urrmmm,

As you said, proven in England, let's see if he can get Villa into Champions League football?
Doubt it, I think The big three, man city, spurs and Liverpool have better managers and better squads.

Urrmmm,

For me, I can't see Villa getting near to the champions league. New manager, who's not as good as MO'N and there will be a transitional period with the new manager, and Villa's sqaud is not good enough or big enough to stay up there all season.

It looks to be between City, Spurs and Liverpool.

Prepare yourselves, all Villa fans, for open attacking football......not !

On the other hand, GH might win you a cup or 2 - that's what he did with us - but the football was dire to watch.

Prepare yourselves, all Villa fans, for open attacking football......not !

On the other hand, GH might win you a cup or 2 - that's what he did with us - but the football was dire to watch.
The style of football doesnt mean much in this modern age, most succesful managers are more defensively orientated, Capello, Hitzfeld and Mourinho for starters.

Good appointment. Loved him at Liverpool, good manager. Can only wish him the best.

Will be nice to see him on his return to Anfield.

He could do better and villa have a squad the size of heskeys brain so they won't be pushing for champions league

Good appointment. Loved him at Liverpool, good manager. Can only wish him the best.

Will be nice to see him on his return to Anfield.

what a random spoiler tag

Hmm, interesting managerial choice, it might work though

EDIT - it was his sig XD

Last edited:
Well, I'm hopeful. I don't care if he gets us playing counter-attacking football, frankly, because it works, especially with the pace we have on the counter.

I think it's a decent appointment but maybe a backwards step. They are very british orientated with a lot of English/British talent in the team. Seemed weird that when you have Alan Curbishley and other English/British coaches available you'd go for a foreign manager despite the amount of British in the squad.

Good appointment, but I think that he may struggle at first then find a system and they'll be tough to break down but not as potent going forward as they used to be.

I think it's a decent appointment but maybe a backwards step. They are very british orientated with a lot of English/British talent in the team. Seemed weird that when you have Alan Curbishley and other English/British coaches available you'd go for a foreign manager despite the amount of British in the squad.

Good appointment, but I think that he may struggle at first then find a system and they'll be tough to break down but not as potent going forward as they used to be.

Ah but part of the reason we have so many British players is because MON more or less refused to buy foreign. Part of the idea behind getting Houllier was that he can use his foreign connections to bring in some talent from outside the British Isles.

good appointment but cant see villa getting champs league without major investment from Lerner. Think they may struggle to get europa league again depending on how fast he can settle and get the team winning

Ah but part of the reason we have so many British players is because MON more or less refused to buy foreign. Part of the idea behind getting Houllier was that he can use his foreign connections to bring in some talent from outside the British Isles.

Ahh in that case it's a good appointment. Makes sense, but I do see him struggling at first until he finds a system. He seems to get the best out of target men aswell, especially a certain Emile Heskey..

Ahh in that case it's a good appointment. Makes sense, but I do see him struggling at first until he finds a system. He seems to get the best out of target men aswell, especially a certain Emile Heskey..

And seeing as we have both Emile and a far better version of him in Carew, this may well come in very handy.

see how he gets on on monday against our mighty stoke at our ground

Mm, not looking forward to that. I expect you to win, frankly.

Back