Reaction score
Gerard Houiller and Aston Villa part company!
Frenchman Gerard Houiller has parted company with Aston Villa today after a meeting with the chairman and the board of directors. Houiller who has not been in charge of Aston Villa for very long is said to be, “disappointment but relieved at the same time”. Chairman Randy Lerner has made this statement, “Gerard and I had a disagreement in regards to the transfer budget and expectations for the club, we did not share the same vision and ambition and therefore I think it is the right decision for both parties.”

Villa appoint rookie!
Rookie Dan Leggett has been appointed as the successor to Gerard Houiller at Aston Villa. Leggett, who is Peterborough-born has had this to say, “I am delighted to be sitting here as the new Aston Villa manger. I know the fans are disappointed that the club did not appoint a higher profile manager but I want to prove them wrong.”
Chairman of Aston Villa, Randy Lerner said, “Daniel has a good football mind and shares the same ambition as the club, he wants to take the club forward and he has the full backing of me and the rest of the board.”

Pre-Season Preparation
It has been reported that Aston Villa chairman has told new manager that he has money to spend in the transfer window ahead of his first season as the Aston Villa manager.
Transfer Budget:-£18 million
Remaining Wage Budget:-£12,000 p/w
Dan Leggett is reported to be looking at lowering the wages at Aston Villa.

Liverpool sign Carew!
Liverpool have signed Norwegian striker John Carew from Aston Villa. Carew is expected to partner Spanish star Fernando Torres up front for the Merseyside outfit. The fee is rumoured to be in the region of £3 million.

Ten Release at Villa!
Ten players, the majority of who are youngsters have been released. This is rumoured to be an attempt to lower the wages at Villa Park.
Players released:- Nathan Baker, Isaiah Osbourne, Mustapha Salifou, Andy Marshall, Arsenio Halfhuid, Jonathan Hogg, Ellis Deeney, Andras Steiber, Chris Herd and James Collins.

Van Nistelrooy moves to Villa Park!
Prolific Dutch goal scorer Ruud Van Nistelrooy has signed for Aston Villa for a fee in the region of £1.4 million. The former Manchester United and Real Madrid forward signed from Hamburg.

Bolton snap up Ciaran Clark!
Young Irish central defender has signed for Bolton on a season-long loan. Villa boss Dan Leggett has said, “I think Ciaran will benefit from the first-team experience and will have more opportunities of this at Bolton than here at Aston Villa.”

Trio move to Villa on loan!
In addition to the prestigious signing of Ruud Van Nistelrooy from Hamburg, Aston Villa boss has brought in 3 more top players on loan for the season.
Barcelona left back Maxwell, Mali midfielder Mahamadou Diarra signed from Real Madrid and South Korean winger Park Ji-Sung moved to Villa Park from Manchester United.
The trio will be looking to improve the chances of Aston Villa both in the Premier League and Europa League.
The cost to bring the 3 players to Villa Park for the season is rumoured to be 1.5 million pounds.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Why isnt this in the story section?

it says that it has to be moderated.. i posted that this morning and it still hasnt been put in so i thought the system might be down

Sorry for spamming but........

S**t on the Villa
Keep Right On.

But yeah, keep it up with the story!

it says that it has to be moderated.. i posted that this morning and it still hasnt been put in so i thought the system might be down

yes, the whole point of the story section is that your story has to be good. It needs to be good before they can allow it on. Putting your story in the General Discussion is just cheating. Do what everyone else does, and wait until your story has been vetted

hello is this story?usually story is in story section is this okay?

Ipswich 0-0 Aston Villa
Aston Villa struggled in their first match of pre-season. They were held to a 0-0 draw at Portman Road. Ipswich manager Roy Keane will be delighted with the defending by his team.

Padova 0-2 Aston Villa
Aston Villa won comfortably away to Padova. Youngster Marc Albrighton gave Aston Villa the lead in this pre-season friendly because another youngster, Nathan Delfouneso, sealed the victory for Daniel Leggett’s men.

Parish loaned to Bury
Young keeper Elliot Parish moves to Bury on loan.

Napoli 1-1 Aston Villa
Aston Villa were held to a draw with Napoli in Naples. Napoli’s Franco Carta equalised for the Italian side after Gabriel Agbonlahor had given Villa the lead.
Daniel Leggett, the Aston Villa manager will now focus his attention on the Premier League after his last pre-season friendly.

Lowry moves to Brighton
Shane Lowry has moved on loan to Brighton. The young Australian defender has moved to get more first team opportunities.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:39 PM ----------

Aston Villa sign Rami
24 year-old central defender, Adil Rami has signed for Aston Villa. Villa manager, Daniel Leggett paid 9.5 million pounds for the Frenchman, who signed from Lille.
Daniel Leggett said, “Adil is a very good centre back and I feel he can come straight in and perform well for us.”

Aston Villa 3-0 Everton
Richard Dunne scored two as Aston Villa comfortably beat Everton at Villa Park. Dunne was also a rock at the back as Villa kept a clean sheet in Daniel Leggett’s first game in charge.
The Republic of Ireland international scored early before Ashley Young hit a left footed shot into the bottom corner of Tim Howard’s net. Then Dunne wrapped up the victory late on.
Injuries to Park Ji-Sung and James Collins marred the victory and both players could be out for up to 3 weeks.
With him scoring 2 and also putting in a good defensive display, Dunne got man of the match.
Aston Villa 4-0 Brondby
Debutant Barry Bannan grabbed a goal to secure Aston Villa’s 4-0 victory in the first leg of their Europa League 4th qualifying round tie with Norwegian side Brondby.
Ruud Van Nistelrooy gave Villa an early lead before Gabriel Agbonlahor scored 2 to put them 3-0 up. Agbonlahor also got the man of the match award for his brace at Villa Park.

Aston Villa 3-0 Wolves
Ruud Van Nistelrooy scored a brace as Aston Villa beat Wolves 3-0 at Villa Park. Daniel Leggett looks to be the right man for Aston Villa because in his 3 competitive games he has scored 10 goals and conceded none. Two 3-0 wins in the Premier League and a 4-0 win in Europe.
Gabriel Agbonlahor gave Villa a 2-0 lead just before half time. Van Nistelrooy got the man of the match award for Villa after scoring twice.
Adil Rami made his debut for Aston Villa.

Brondby 0-4 Aston Villa
A hat-trick from Dutchman Ruud Van Nistelrooy sealed Aston Villa’s place in the first round of the Europa League. Villa led 4-0 on aggregate from the first leg at Villa Park. Gabriel Agbonlahor scored a goal late on to seal the 8-0 aggregate.
With his hat-trick, Van Nistelrooy took the man of the match award.

Man City 3-0 Aston Villa
Aston Villa conceded their first goals of the season as they lost for the first time under new manager Daniel Leggett. Carlos Tevez scored 2 and Kolo Toure scored as well to give Man City a 3-0 win at Eastlands.

TRANSFER WINDOW SHUT!

5 players were signed by new manager Daniel Leggett, 3 in on loan and 2 permanent deals. Leggett spent 12.25 million on new players and the only income was made by the 3 million sale of John Carew to Liverpool.

First-team squad
1. Brad Friedel (GK)
2. Luke Young
3. Stephen Warnock
4. Maxwell
5. Richard Dunne
6. Stewart Downing
7. Ashley Young
8. Robert Pires
9. Stephen Ireland
10. Ruud Van Nistelrooy
11. Gabriel Agbonlahor