Aston Villa FC Guide

Frutty

Reaction score
I am not sure if there is an AVFC guide, but I am gonna make my own and I hope I will help you as most as I can. First of all, credits to the owner of this idea, I mean making a guide for the team you know the most.
I will start here with the Expectations of your board:
-if you are gonna finish in top half, you will be given 3M.
-if you gonna qualify in an European Competition, you will be given 3.9M.
-if you gonna finish as challenger for the Premiership Title, you will be given 4.2M.
-if you gonna finish as Premiership Champions, you will be given 4.6M.

*Not so sure about the budget, just see for yourself!

The best Expectation for Villa is a qualify in European Competition. The budget is quite small, but you can make it bigger by editing the Wage Budget and Transfer Budget. I mean making the Wage budget smaller and the Transfer Budget bigger. OK, so I will give you advices about the players:

Goalkeepers

Brad Friedel
Brad Guzan
Andy Marshall

The best keeper is by far Brad Friedel and I am confident he can concede another year for you. Maybe next year you gonna buy another keeper, but I think Friedel can help you this year.
Guzan and Marshall can help you a bit too, in case Friedel is injured.

Transfers

You can try signing Vincent Enyeama as a back-up and loan Guzan to gain experience.

Left Backs/Wing Backs

Stephen Warnock
Wilfred Bouma
Luke Young
Nicky Shorey

Stephen Warnock is a decent player. He can play pretty good for you if you are using a good tactic. Wilfred Bouma is injured, so no chance of using him until January. Luke Young is playing on this position too, but I think he isn't good enough even on his Natural Position, Right Back. Nicky Shorey is a good back-up anyways, but not a good First Team Player.

Transfers

You can consider adding a decent Full Back to your squad, because the only fit player on this position is Stephen Warnock and Shorey, who is a decent BACK-UP. You can choose to buy/loan Gareth Bale from Tottenham Hotspur. I don't have in my mind another Left Back, but if I do, I will update.

Central Defenders

Carlos Cuellar
James Collins
Richard Dunne
Curtis Davies

I think two of those players might help you to secure this area. All of them are decent and they are available to help you here, so I don't think you might consider replacing them. Curtis Davies is the Iron Man in your defence. If you playing well the Defence in your tactic, you might get low Goals.

Transfers

You can bring another Central Defender as back-up. I think you should get Kakha Kaladze just on Loan, so you might not spend your money on good players. If you want to spend your money, buy Hangeland from Fulham.
You can sign Jorge Andrade on free as back-up too, a decent back-up and you are done here!

Right Backs/Wing Backs

Luke Young
Habib Beye
Carlos Cuellar

Luke Young is a player you should consider selling it. He can play for your Reserve Squad, but you better sell it and get some money with you can buy a good Right Back. Habib Beye isn't so good, so you can play him here, but with risks of being harrased by the opponents. Carlos Cuellar is available to play here too, but he ain't so fast as he needs.

Transfers

You can sell Young to buy a good Right Back, as I said before. You can buy Darijo Srna, but he is pretty expending, so you can buy Alan Hutton (not sure if he joins, but just try). That's the players I have in my mind now, I will update if I remember any.

Central Midfielders

Stiliyan Petrov
Nigel Reo-Coker
Fabian Delph
Steve Sidwell
Moustapha Salifou
Craig Gardner

You got a lot of players, but don't be so happy, because just two of them are good enough. You might consider loaning Delph, selling Salifou and buying a Creative Midfielder. Aston Villa needs this and Reo-Coker and Petrov ain't good enough to be Creative Midfielders. You can play them if you want and I was almost to forgot, Sidwell is a decent player, so you can play him with Petrov/Reo-Coker too.

Transfers

I am not sure if Marek Hamsik will come to Aston Villa, but just try bidding him. Try to get van der Vaart on Loan or Buy him if you don't want to lose him, because there will be Lazio and Everton who will bid for him. Sell Salifou and maybe Gardner (he is a good back-up) and loan Delph, just to get two good Playmakers. You can try buying Jarolim from HSV too and loaning Michael Johnson from Man City with the possibility of signing him next year.

Left Wingers

Ashley Young
James Milner
Stewart Downing

Ashley Young is awesome, you should reject all the bids if there will be any for him. No doubt he is the best player in Aston Villa squad and he can make the difference on the field anytime.
Downing is playing on this position too, but he ain't fit for playing for 3 months I think, so you need to buy a back-up for Ashley.

Transfers

Try to get Vukcevic (not sure if his name is spelled correctly) or Stevan Jovetic, but I am not sure if they are gonna join your club. Try Angel di Maria on Loan or even Buy him. He is a decent and he can help Ashley to perform better... ;)

Right Wingers

James Milner
Marc Albringhton
Ashley Young

James Milner is a good player, a key player for your team, but as you see you got just two players on this position. You need to buy a back-up for James Milner. Marc Albringhton is a hot prospect and you can loan him or let Milner teach him something from his experience.

Transfers

Try to get Arda Turan, he might not join, but not sure... On this position you can try Aaron Lennon, great player, he plays awesome for me in my Spurs game. He is a little expensive, but everything for what's good. Lennon is not considered a back-up, it will be a hard challenge for Milner. If you think you can't get Lennon, try Bentley as a back-up and let Milner run here. You can get dos Santos on Loan, but that's hard because City will bid Spurs for them.

Strikers

Emile Heskey
Gabriel Agbonlahor
John Carew
Nathan Delfouneso
Marlon Harewood

The players are looking they are good, but that's just a poor oppinion. None of them can score constantly and I think you should consider buying a Top Scorer. Loan Delfouneso and sell Harewood and probably Heskey for extra-money. If you gonna play with an only Striker, try to play Carew as a Target Man and select your squad to give him balls To Head.

Transfers

As I said before, try selling Harewood and Heskey for extra-money and Loan Delfouneso.
Buy Ronaldo, even he is old he can score good enough goals for you or van Nistelrooy on Loan, but he is injured and it takes a long time for him to gel in your team.
You might try loaning Vela with the possibility of signing him next season, or Smolarek, but he is a back-up.

Tactics

There are three tactics which fits Aston Villa squad. My favorite tactic is 4-1-2-2-1, becoming 4-3-3 on attack. This tactic has four defenders, a Defensive Midfielder, two Central Midfielders, two Wingers and a Striker. If you choose this tactic, set all Defenders to Defend, the DMC and the CM to support and the Wingers and the Striker to attack.

You can choose 4-4-2 with Young and Milner on supporting and having Carew and Agbonlahor forward, but I don't think you will score many goals, anyways you are free to try. If you play this tactic, it is useful to have a Top Scorer Striker.

The last tactic which will fit to Villa squad is 4-5-1, the Central Defenders are set to Defend, the Full Backs can be Automatic or Support, the Central Midfielders are set to Support and Wingers and Striker are set to Attack.

Staff

Your staff is pretty good, but I think you should improve it.
Fire John Robertson and look for a new Assistant Manager, fire the coaches with low Abbility and fire the Scouts with low Abbility at SAP (scounting after Potential) and SAA (scounting after Abbility). You can sign Jeff Vetere to your Scouting Centre.

If this helped you, please let me know!
If you got questions or suggestions, feel free to talk, but without spamming and flaming.
Comments are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Frutty!

Yeah, I hope this will help you as much as I would love to.

Thanks for doing my job for me :)

Thanks for doing my job for me :)

Hah, no problem mate, it was a pleasure to help you!

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:34 PM ----------

Btw, has someone got the best from Ashley Young?
Sorry for double post.

Great guide mate. Really detailed.

thats really dang good worked hard, all of them are good, i enjoyed the man city one and the arsenal one

Thanks guys!

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Has this guide helped someone?

Sorry for triple spam, but I want to keep this thread alive so any questions will be welcome.

Where to buy from

If you are playing as Villa you will likely finish 6th - to 9th unless you make some massive changes to your team, the teams above you will be Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Tottenham, Everon, and Possibly West Ham.

I have found scouting these teams and picking off there key players will be an aggressive way of trying to close the gap. You will struggle with the first 5 on the list, so try to pick off the best players from Tottenham, Everton and West Ham.

Talk about the players in the media, and when buying put in higher bids but spread them over 3 or 4 years, this way you keep your budget high and finances high. I managed to sign Jenas and Defoe in the Jan transfer window which added much class to my squad. The only thing was I made the mistake of selling Carew - and regretted it!

Good guide, the way you put transfer possibilities for each position is very good :)

Thanks mate!

@Dootis - You ain't right you will finish on 6th, I think you can even win the league if you know what players you need (check my story).
I hate that in game the tables ain't like in real life, when Villa deserve 5th position or even more.

Very good guide. I like the when u suggested transfers for each position. Well done mate.