Aesorian

Reaction score
I'm honestly a little stumped on who I should be aiming for tbh.

I'm £80k over my wage budget with only a £3m transfer budget (took the 'Mid-Table Finish option')

So I'm thinking of selling:

Stephen Warnock - £3m [£40k p/w off the wage bill]
James Collins - £3m [£35k p/w off the wage bill]
Emile Heskey - £700k [£60k p/w off the wage bill]

Which puts me at around £6.7-9.7m (Depending on monthly installments) and gives me around £50-60k p/w in wages.

Now I've looked at Marco Calderoni (£90k) as a replacement for Warnock and Johan Martial (£1.7m) as a replacement for Collins (as a 4th choice CB)

Unfortunatly thats as far as I can work out. I still need to figure out what to do with the midfield (Especially regarding Ireland and Petrov and whether to keep Bannan and/or Delph) and attack (Should I try and flog off Bent and Bring in a cheap young striker? Is Delfounso worth keeping at the club as a 3rd choice? etc.)

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Andile Jali is a good DM, very cheap at 250k but can easily be first team.
I would recommend putting Clark ahead of Warnock for bigger games, and sell the latter in January. I think then you need a backup (Stevens isn't good enough).
Heskey can be released if you have enough money, Delfouneso seems to be rather shab on this new patch, obviously Sanogo or Fierro are the obvious choices, Jay Rodriguez from Burnley or Gary Hooper from Celtic are good replacements. Put Bent as poacher, and exploit the wings for N'Zog and they turn out good.

Thanks for the reply, Jali is going to get bought, but just a few more questions:

How much does Hooper/Rodriguez usually go for? On the first patch Rodriguez usually went for £6m+ which would mean I have to pull out the over 48 months option.

And is Clark a better LB than CB, he sems like he could play either well enough with some training (quickenss for example) but isn't his natural position CB?

I got Rodriguez for about £2m with £2.5 over 48 months, similar with Hooper. I just used Clark as left back, but like you said, train him and he becomes good.

sell heskey, collins. guzan get5mil for him bring in branescu for 1mil, bring in lucas andersen for 1.1mil, look at willian striker from botafago ( might of moved now) his rel clause is 2mil or ruben rochina is a gd choice, look at west brom they have a gd dc hes 21-22