RyanAFC

Reaction score
Hey all, just started as Aston Villa. Thinking about selling Darren Bent, worth £11M as I was given no transfer budget from the board and feel the club need to bring in a new CM and a replacement for Shay Given as he will be retiring in the next couple of years.

Any ideas how to raise funds without selling my prized asset?!

Thanks

sell ashley westwood. sell guzan bring in craig gordon for free. sell eric lichaj, sell lowton probs bring inbetween 6-10mill for them and then buy who you need, keep bannan tho hes a class dlp

i sold bent for 17.75m to chelsea, tottenham also offered the same price. arsneal only offered 11m.

im not sure if hes worth keep as much as he is worth selling.

your only hope otherwise is free players.

I had some good games with Benteke as a DLF at the top of a 4-2-3-1. He ran the show at Old Trafford for example, scoring 2 and setting up Tom Ince for the third in a thrilling 3-2 victory. But Wiemann as a ADF is also a good prospect so I'd suggest getting as much as you can for Bent and reinvesting.

I sold off Bent (£16m), N'Zogbia (£6.5m), Ireland (£5m), Bannan (£3.5m), Given (£300k) and Lichaj (£350k) and got rid of a few on loans (Hutton, Herd, Westwood etc.) That gave me around £30m with the budget adjusted to £150k p/w

Unfortuntaly my game keeps crashing so I'm struggling to get far, but Tom Ince (£7m), Vincent Wanyama (£6.25M) and Jack Cork (£5m) were expensive but doing well for me. Delph and Gardner played well in the AMC position.

Jonathan (From Inter) and Diego Contento are available on loan and are both very good fullbacks, Contento you can get on a loan to buy deal for around £5m.

Last edited:
id never sell given or bannan if u use bannan as dlp/support or defend hes class after bout 10 games

I decided to keep bent and he scored 33 goals in 42 games in all competitions in first season...

i sold ireland and given in first season, bought glenn whelan, got Anderson from united on loan and got drenthe for free, also got Rob Hulse on loan from QPR as a spare target man to replace Benteke when hes tired or not playing..