avstu

Reaction score
Has anyone started a save with Aston Villa on the LFC Update? And if so, what formation/tactics have you found has worked for you?

I played a 4-5-1 in my first season but the second season i just couldnt find a tactic to work.

Thank You. I will give it a go.

I did have a save but I have decided to start a fresh so will give your tactic a go.

One thing that always seems to happen with Villa is I have a resonable first season - make a few signings in the second and then really struggle.

How did the take-over go for you? On my previous save he gave me £11m to spend but nothing to set the world alight.

there is no such thing as second season syndrome, or a tactic turning rubbish, if u sign alot of players your team cohesion will be poor, leading to losses etc, u need to train Team Cohesion on high for a few weeks from preseason to make sure this doesnt happen

i got taken over by Sensi the former roma chairman, and i won champions league in second season! unbelievable year, but that is all that i won, i came 3rd in league and now i have 50m to spend

View attachment 335466

thats my squad now mate, 4th Season, im trying to pinch Isco from Madrid, Delph is my captain. Reason i signed Reus was dortmund finished 9th and he wanted to leave, 44 million release clause, i had Lucas moura and sold him to Barcelona for 30 million

love the LFC update!!

Wow! Some team there!

How is Jack getting on?

im 4 seasons in, and have just signed Marco Reus :) I used http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...ally-done-97-points-everton-first-season.html

im now using my own 4-2-3-1 tactic to get inside forwards working, i have a decent team now, after my takeover in second season, but the tactic above i came 3rd first season with no signings!

How did you survive the takeover ?

I been playing leeds, promoted them #1 and qualified europa league then takeover and sacked due to that. New board new manager, regardless of the fact i was invincible.

How did you survive the takeover ?

I been playing leeds, promoted them #1 and qualified europa league then takeover and sacked due to that. New board new manager, regardless of the fact i was invincible.

When i had the takeover on my original save i survived fine and I wasnt even performing as well as jonny

it depends where u are in the league etc, Sensi the new chairman on mine one, originally wanted to put Di Matteo as the manager, but gave me a few games to prove myself, I was playing well so was lucky!

my team above is 4 and half seasons in mind, and only now im adopting the attacking tactic ive made above, Grealish is class fairplay!
get him tutored right and he turns into an amazing inside forward or Advanced playmaker, Delph is awesome on the new LFC update aswell, and is a regular for England

also you need to be lucky with Signings, Luke shaw was a snip because Man utd came 8th in the league (so everyone wanted to leave) he was also out of the team due to Daley Blind playing in his position, as i said with Reus Dortmund transfer listed him because he wanted to leave, cause they didnt quallify for Champs league.

thats whats good about the game - everyones save is different - Everton have won the league 2 times on the trot in my Save haha

Ter Stergen was only just signed - Barca transfer listed him also

loving this save! I will keep u posted on my progress

UTV!! :)

Love reading Villa saves and with it being done on the same update I am using - either better.

I must admit - I am not sure about the tactic at the moment.

My opening 3 games has seen me fail to keep a clean sheet and lose 2!

West Ham 2 Aston Villa 1
Aston Villa 3 Hull City 2
Man Utd 3 Aston Villa 0

Love reading Villa saves and with it being done on the same update I am using - either better.

I must admit - I am not sure about the tactic at the moment.

My opening 3 games has seen me fail to keep a clean sheet and lose 2!

West Ham 2 Aston Villa 1
Aston Villa 3 Hull City 2
Man Utd 3 Aston Villa 0
play friendlys inbetween games again really easy opposition until morale us at super level

make sure u use Left footed players on Left wing and right footed on right wing :)

I have just been taken over by non other than Mr Graham Taylor on New Years Day!

He has given me a £30M transfer kitty and 200k wage budget to spend.

I currently sit in 5th position, a point behind 4th place Everton.

I have never been in this situation with Villa and not sure where and who to spend it on haha.

My summer deals include:

In: Zahavi (850k), Poulson (Free), Horn (£3.8m), Jose Enrique (loan), Escude (Free).
Out: Bent (500k), Baker (3.5m), Clark (4.5m).

View attachment 335232

I have just been taken over by non other than Mr Graham Taylor on New Years Day!

He has given me a £30M transfer kitty and 200k wage budget to spend.

I currently sit in 5th position, a point behind 4th place Everton.

I have never been in this situation with Villa and not sure where and who to spend it on haha.

My summer deals include:

In: Zahavi (850k), Poulson (Free), Horn (£3.8m), Jose Enrique (loan), Escude (Free).
Out: Bent (500k), Baker (3.5m), Clark (4.5m).

View attachment 691007

dont buy too many players ;) wait till the end of the season where u can buy even better players! Only Buy Quality players mate!

Also Nzogbia was awesome on the Left Wing for me mate, Grealish will get better from second season on

also put the Remzi Pasha tactic in all 3 slots to get Fluid more quickly :)

also put the Remzi Pasha tactic in all 3 slots to get Fluid more quickly :)

Ahh - never thought about doing that. Will do that in the next season.

I finished 4th - level on points with Liverpool in 3rd. Lost out by 3 goals!

Little down hearted in the end - I felt I should of finished 3rd and gave Man Utd a run for second but i got absolutely crippled with injuries!

Delph - 4 months (Calf injury)
Lowton and Hutton at the exact same time - 2 months (both shoulder injuries) which they missed end of the season
Cissokho - 3 months (broken ankle)
Cleverley - 5 months (broken leg)

And then various of other injuries. Because my full backs got injured i panicked and signed Dossena and Pasenan on short term deals. Only problem was both were awful and Dossena ended up with a 1 month injury also!

In Jan I signed:

Mitrovic (8m) - replaced the outgoing Kozak who wanted more football. Actually scored double the amount Kozak did in half the games!
Sergi Roberto (11m) - With Delphs injury I needed someone to come in and he was rated 5 star by my scouts.

Ahh - never thought about doing that. Will do that in the next season.

I finished 4th - level on points with Liverpool in 3rd. Lost out by 3 goals!

Little down hearted in the end - I felt I should of finished 3rd and gave Man Utd a run for second but i got absolutely crippled with injuries!

Delph - 4 months (Calf injury)
Lowton and Hutton at the exact same time - 2 months (both shoulder injuries) which they missed end of the season
Cissokho - 3 months (broken ankle)
Cleverley - 5 months (broken leg)

And then various of other injuries. Because my full backs got injured i panicked and signed Dossena and Pasenan on short term deals. Only problem was both were awful and Dossena ended up with a 1 month injury also!

In Jan I signed:

Mitrovic (8m) - replaced the outgoing Kozak who wanted more football. Actually scored double the amount Kozak did in half the games!
Sergi Roberto (11m) - With Delphs injury I needed someone to come in and he was rated 5 star by my scouts.

Sergi is **** of a signing mate! Use the champs league qualification to sign some decent players, also use team cohesion training on high all preseason and a month into new season!

Sergi is **** of a signing mate! Use the champs league qualification to sign some decent players, also use team cohesion training on high all preseason and a month into new season!

I want to try and build a solid squad with two players in each position so i dont get caught out again. Initial budget is only 11m but hoping they sort that out.