Aston Villa make bid for N'Zogbia

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 2K
No, he has 2.5. How to Spot a Show-Pony: Further Analysis on Successful Dribblers - WhoScored.com

And I'm not sure if you were serious with the first part, but in these statistics rounding up would be stupid.

"In 33 appearances for Man United, Nani scored 9 Goals and made 14 Assists."

He had 18 assists in the league alone, so there's clearly some disparity in how they've been collated. And those statistics are per game, why would he only have 3 overall in any scenario?

I'd prefer N'Zogbia to Downing to be honest.

He had 18 assists in the league alone, so there's clearly some disparity in how they've been collated. And those statistics are per game, why would he only have 3 overall in any scenario?

Meh, different types of wingers. Downing's a better crosser, Insomnia's a better dribbler.

What the heck does assists and goals have to do with DRIBBLES PER GAME? Nani had 2.5 dribbles per game average, period.

That also highlights he's not the same kind of winger as Downing. N'Zogbia is a dribbler, Downing is a crosser. Maybe he's a replacement for Young as much as Downing.

I think you're right. It's good to have two different types of wingers, and as Albrighton's a far more classical winger than N'Zogbia then we're more or less replicating the Young/Downing axis.

2.5 rounds to 3. And I'm fairly certain Nani managed more than 3 overall dribbles per game.

Did N'Zogbia only have a year left?

Think so.

What the heck does assists and goals have to do with DRIBBLES PER GAME? Nani had 2.5 dribbles per game average, period.

Calm down.

If they can't collate the assists statistic correctly, then it either reduces credibility in them collecting the rest of his stats correctly, or it's indicative that he sets different criteria for his statistics and thus is perfectly possible another statistician has Nani at 3 per game.

¬.¬

Top player, although he can be very volatile. Really disappointed we didn't go for Insomnia, matured into a better player than I thought he would.

What has this got to do with Nani?

Very good deal for Villa if the £10m fee is correct (and it all goes ahead). N'Zogbia and Albrighton on either flank looks very promising.

N'Zogbia is a better player than Downing imo, so Villa have done very, very well here.

He's a quality player, him, parker and given would give us a chance of pushing for sixth, seventh place, DEFO!

VTID!

He's a quality player, him, parker and given would give us a chance of pushing for sixth, seventh place, DEFO!

VTID!

Don't get your hopes up. There are better teams above us: Spurs and Liverpool, for example.

You've got to be optimistic, being pesimistic gets you nowhere. If we build a good team ANYTHING can happen, look at Spurs, they were like us, five or six years ago.. now look at them, all Villa need to do is have a gamble, rather than playing it safe and stay aroundish the 10th mark every season for years and years and years....

You've got to be optimistic, being pesimistic gets you nowhere. If we build a good team ANYTHING can happen, look at Spurs, they were like us, five or six years ago.. now look at them, all Villa need to do is have a gamble, rather than playing it safe and stay aroundish the 10th mark every season for years and years and years....

Have a gamble how, exactly? We take a gamble and it fails, then what? We need money to take a gamble, and frankly if Randy Lerner doesn't want to invest that much more I sympathise completely, what with O'Neill ******* it away for years.

I'm a realist when it comes to Villa, and we've got to accept that just splurging huge amounts of money to maybe get into the Europa League at best is a pretty shoddy return.

I mean Villa play it safe buying players for five or six million for players who are ****. James Collins, nothing special. Reo-Coker, rubbish. Heskey, rubbish. When we spend decent money we make profit and they're always quality, Milner (26m), Young (17m), Downing (20m) all almost double what we paid!

Back