Aston Villa (Res) v Arsenal (Res) 10.1.11

• Thread starter Thread starter timmsy123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 2K

timmsy123

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone else has seen this, but just saw on the William Hill website that Aston Villa Reserves beat Arsenal Reserves 10-1? Anyone got any news on this?​

Saw we were down 3-0 after 40.
Never expected for this though :S

And we beat Arsenal U-18s 4-1 recently, its all going wrong for the gunners ;)

Aston Villa 10 1 Arsenal
  • Gardner 9, 45 (pen), (The villa)
  • Weimann 16, 89,
  • Herd 39, 64, 86,
  • Hogg 41,
  • Delfouneso 73, 80
  • Deacon 83 (Arsenal)

Wenger has nothing to do with the reserves.
Neil Banfield runs it ;)

Eat that Banfield! :D

**** went down to 10 men in the 11th minute apparently. Even better, James Shea scuffed a clearance right into the path of one of our players. :D

How did that come about? A lot of our reserves are playing elsewhere, but that's no excuse.

, James Shea

Enough said :'(

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

The Arsenal Team

I’ve a team sheet in my hand and here is the Arsenal team: Shea, Boateng, Brislen-Hall, Eastmond, Yennaris, Monteiro, Ozyakup, Henderson, Emmanuel-Thomas, Aneke, Sunu subs: Angha, Martinez, Rees, Freeman, Deacon

i wish i knew it was ok to make threads for reserve games lol, we beat Spurs 7-3 last Thursday with the game being abandomed with 10minutes left to play. Sturridge score a hat-rick after 8 minutes and ended with 5 goals. Seems to me the Arsenal reserves arn't too good and the Villa reserves are pretty sound, excellent win.

i wish i knew it was ok to make threads for reserve games lol, we beat Spurs 7-3 last Thursday with the game being abandomed with 10minutes left to play. Sturridge score a hat-rick after 8 minutes and ended with 5 goals. Seems to me the Arsenal reserves arn't too good and the Villa reserves are pretty sound, excellent win.

All our good reserves are out on loan

Either way, complete battering of a win from us. Last season we sent quite a few out on loan (leaving us playing a midfielder at left-back) and it affected our performances. This time the young Villans have stayed home and... well. What a win.

Gardner scored twice, so I guess all those nobheads saying his career was over can shut up. He's a quality, quality player. Nice to see Herdy doing well too. Lowry's a midfielder, apparently, don't know when that happened...

Seems to me the Arsenal reserves arn't too good and the Villa reserves are pretty sound, excellent win.

Ironically in the southern sector we're the two strongest sides.

Eat that Banfield! :D
Much better :P

I’ve a team sheet in my hand and here is the Arsenal team: Shea, Boateng, Brislen-Hall, Eastmond, Yennaris, Monteiro, Ozyakup, Henderson, Emmanuel-Thomas, Aneke, Sunu subs: Angha, Martinez, Rees, Freeman, Deacon
Hardly a bad team, don't understand how we got thrashed :S

We won the reserve league thing a year or two ago.
EDIT - We were top of the league before this game but Villa are equal on points with a better GD, we still have a game in hand over Villa though.

It's probably not helped that main striker Benik Afobe is away plus the captain Miquel is with the first team atm.

Last edited:
Either way, complete battering of a win from us. Last season we sent quite a few out on loan (leaving us playing a midfielder at left-back) and it affected our performances. This time the young Villans have stayed home and... well. What a win.

Gardner scored twice, so I guess all those nobheads saying his career was over can shut up. He's a quality, quality player. Nice to see Herdy doing well too. Lowry's a midfielder, apparently, don't know when that happened...

Ironically in the southern sector we're the two strongest sides.

Is that Craig Gardener's Bro?

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

BEST UNDER 18's TEAM EVER !!

gun__1243412800_liverpool26052009_14.jpg

Much better :P

Hardly a bad team, don't understand how we got thrashed :S

We won the reserve league thing a year or two ago.
EDIT - We were top of the league before this game but Villa are equal on points with a better GD, we still have a game in hand over Villa though.

It's probably not helped that main striker Benik Afobe is away plus the captain Miquel is with the first team atm.

i know the reserve league was hugely poor before this season. Im pretty sure they have re-vamped the league this year to make sure they have more important games and its more competitive.

i know the reserve league was hugely poor before this season. Im pretty sure they have re-vamped the league this year to make sure they have more important games and its more competitive.
They have.
I think some team complained because like our reserves would only play United reserves if both got to the final and the rest of the time were playing pretty average team. They changed it though so the teams play games against teams from the same division and have some against other divisions teams.

Back