LoveDon

Reaction score
Hey there,

Has anyone played as aston villa? I have just started and obviously they have a very low transfer budget. Any ideas who i should sell, who i should bring in etc? Just wondering if anyone had found any good cheap players that i could sign?

Any help would be appreciated :)

...also, has the editor been released yet?

Nick

You could get Honda in on a free, and if you do manage to sign him he'll arrive in Jan?
Wilf Zaha from United on loan?

Drage 500k
Doria 5M
Damiao 3.2M
Honda 1.2M

I managed to get a decent fees in first season for;
Weimann
Agbonlahor
Herd
Delph
Hutton

Managed to release
N'Zogbia and Given, the pair of them are dire footballers and take up a massive percent of your wages, N'Zogbia is out for months too.

That should do you for, in the second season I gave myself a massive warchest by selling Benteke for 30M and the massively under performing Honda for 15M. Tidy profit on both of them.

Play Lowton as much as you can, England's starting right back in second season and Luna was brilliant aswell, stand out performers.

Saw WBA pick up Javi Garcia on transfer deadline day for 1M would have paid that too. Into my third season and ive picked up Thiago Silva, Paulinho for under 5M for the pair. Got Shurle (spl) and Navas, just sold Drage to WBA for 3M, 5M Buy back which i plan to use.

All in all brilliant save but Villa are incredibly frustrating.

and get rid of Ian Culverhouse.

I've decided to try out Aston Villa, So far got rid of hutton, ahmadi etc all the dead beats! Bought in a highly rated 16 year old Richairo Zivkovic on a free - Utd,City,Barca and Real were all chasing him. Also got Cleverley and Eduardo Salvio in on loan - Missed out on Honda as he chose Inter over Villa..

Villa

Cool thanks for the tips, i got rid of culverhouse and signed a new assistant manager, cant remember his name but he is croatian, not sure if he is better. I signed Javi Garcia on loan, and gregory van de wield or whatever his name is to play at right back.

I cant seem to release Nzogbia or Given, its saying i need to pay compensation of 7.5 million each to let them go so sadly they are staying, how did you manage to get rid of them, i tried mutual termination and releasing on a free and niether worked, liked you say, i need them gone as they are wage hoggs!

I think i am going to start again and try and sign Honda as he would be very useful, which formation are you guys using for Villa and have you had any success using it?

Thanks

Nick

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by LoveDon

Cool thanks for the tips, i got rid of culverhouse and signed a new assistant manager, cant remember his name but he is croatian, not sure if he is better. I signed Javi Garcia on loan, and gregory van de wield or whatever his name is to play at right back.

I cant seem to release Nzogbia or Given, its saying i need to pay compensation of 7.5 million each to let them go so sadly they are staying, how did you manage to get rid of them, i tried mutual termination and releasing on a free and niether worked, liked you say, i need them gone as they are wage hoggs!

I think i am going to start again and try and sign Honda as he would be very useful, which formation are you guys using for Villa and have you had any success using it?

Thanks

Nick
My dealings in my first season were:

Transfers Out

Pre-Season

Ciaran Clark to Crystal Palace
Fabian Delph to Norwich
Karim El Ahmadi to PSV
Marc Albrighton to Leeds
Alan Hutton to Nottingham Forrest
Shay Given on a free
Enda Stevens to Derby
Gary Gardner on Loan at Milwall

January

Andi Weimann to Reading
Charles N'Zogbia to Stade de Reimes
Alexsander Tonev on loan at Hoffeniem

And make sure to get yourself a decent DoF to offer players around, I got Damian Comolli personally. I played a 4-4-2 deep, so CM's and AM's were surplus to requirements for me.

Transfers In:
Pre-Season:

Juan Sanchez Mino From Boca (2gls & 7 Assists in first season)
Augustin Allione From Velez (10 Goals and 4 Assists in first season)
Marco Motta on loan From Juventus
Ogenyi Onazi From Lazio
Ole Kristian Seln?s from Rosenborg
Rasmus Thelander from AaB

January:

Ezequiel Rescaldani from Velez
Andros Townsend from Spurs

End of Season
Mattia Perrin from Genoa - End of Contract

A couple of cheap backups who cost less than ?500k each (Saelnaes, Thelander, Rescaldani), Sanchez Mino and Allione were brilliant and pretty cheap (?4m and ?3m respectively), Onazi is solid, cheap (~?1.8m towards the end of the first window), but a little weedy. Townsend was the only player I was worried about (Wages were pretty high) but he's got some important goals for me so It's an investment I don't mind making.

Villa first season, I brought in only Isaac Cuenca and Mayke (both free). Mayke rotated at RB with Lowton.

Mostly removed high-wage guys. Jack Grealish gets good, treat him well.

End of first season Leverkusen paid ?8m for Weimann, Stoke ?4.5m for Helenius, Stoke ?2m for Delph (injured ALL the time), Blackburn ?1m for Bennett.

I'm into my third season, Benteke is still here.

In my 3rd season with Villa now, got rid of all the high wage deadwood and bring in some decent players. 1st season I sold Given, albrighton, enda stevens, Delph, and Herd. I got Eduardo Salvio on loan, 4 goals and 14 assists first season and then signed for 8 mil at the end, and then just integrated Jack Grealish and Jordan Graham into the first team squad (both are now starting players).

2nd season I sold Benteke to Arsenal for 30 mil and replaced him with Mitrovic for 7, Salvio on a permanent and also signed Inigo Martinez for 7. In january i managed to get Der Stegen on a pre contract, which is an absolute bargain! and also signed Schiederlin for 5.5. Jack grealish has become an absolute monster, scoring and assisting for fun, and with Jordan graham also playing well, got a bright future! Lowton is englands first choice rb and okore developing into a beast, time to crack the top 4!

How did you guys get rid of any of the big earners? I've only managed to get rid of hutton... Also i cant even sign anyone on loan because it only allows me to offer like 10-20% of there wages.