Reaction score
Gerard Houiller and Aston Villa part company!
Frenchman Gerard Houiller has parted company with Aston Villa today after a meeting with the chairman and the board of directors. Houiller who has not been in charge of Aston Villa for very long is said to be, “disappointment but relieved at the same time”. Chairman Randy Lerner has made this statement, “Gerard and I had a disagreement in regards to the transfer budget and expectations for the club, we did not share the same vision and ambition and therefore I think it is the right decision for both parties.”

Villa appoint rookie!
Rookie Dan Leggett has been appointed as the successor to Gerard Houiller at Aston Villa. Leggett, who is Peterborough-born has had this to say, “I am delighted to be sitting here as the new Aston Villa manger. I know the fans are disappointed that the club did not appoint a higher profile manager but I want to prove them wrong.”
Chairman of Aston Villa, Randy Lerner said, “Daniel has a good football mind and shares the same ambition as the club, he wants to take the club forward and he has the full backing of me and the rest of the board.”

Pre-Season Preparation
It has been reported that Aston Villa chairman has told new manager that he has money to spend in the transfer window ahead of his first season as the Aston Villa manager.
Transfer Budget:-£18 million
Remaining Wage Budget:-£12,000 p/w
Dan Leggett is reported to be looking at lowering the wages at Aston Villa.