markconn2000

Reaction score
Please help i have tryed to play with aston villa and whatever tactic i do i get my *** handed to me and get sacked after xmas. i am an experienced footie man player but cant seem to get to grips with this one and struggle to picj up any kind of form.

anyone been villas and done well?? if so please help

Please help i have tryed to play with aston villa and whatever tactic i do i get my *** handed to me and get sacked after xmas. i am an experienced footie man player but cant seem to get to grips with this one and struggle to picj up any kind of form.

anyone been villas and done well?? if so please help

i'm villa, i'm not doing too badly. at the start i sold zat knight and john carew to get extra money. villa need a good rightback and left back as shorey and young just aren't good enough. ideally an extra striker as agbonlahor isn't exacly prolific. after a season i bought a new kepper (carlos kameni) as friedel was old and taylor isn't that great. i play reo coker as a holding midfielder which works very well. i'm not in my 4th season and curtis davies, carlos cuellar, gareth barry, ashley young and nigel reo coker are the only players still in my starting 11. i signed van der vaart for about £4m and freddy adu goes on to become one of the best players on the game. i've played a diamond formation with reo coker holding, barry and van der vaart in the centre and ashley young/freddy adu attacking. i'd reccommend thomas vermaelen as a left back, glen johnson at right back and david n'gog is a wonderful young striker.

im crrently playing as Villa and i have a torrid time! i have searched and searched again for a problem solving formation or tactic but i am currently running out of managerial time ;(

im crrently playing as Villa and i have a torrid time! i have searched and searched again for a problem solving formation or tactic but i am currently running out of managerial time ;(

To be honest, a decent keeper for Villa is Igor Akinfeev. Solid inbetween the posts and doesnt concede many. I mean I bought him and he conceded what? 9 in 23?

In my opinion thats pretty good! Or if you cant get Akinfeev, try Francisco Guillermo Ochoa as he is just about as good as Akinfeev!

Hope that helps :D

im Villa won fa cup in 1st season just finished 2nd season finished 2nd and won uefa cup and leauge cup..!!
Check out waynes villa tactic everyone is giving good feed back about that..!!
or there is a tactic by staurbucarest that he designed for villa wich works well...!!

THESE TACTICS ARE Great but FOR THE SQUADS THEY HAD SO U MAY HAVE TO TWEAK THEM TO WORK AROUND YOUR PLAYES...!!

i tend to use there formations but i dont use there team tactics i just leave them all as normal part from ticking the box for playmaker and counter attack
i put barry milner and a young as my playmakes and this will ensure they see more of the ball get young and milner crossing lots and try to play gaby off carew and he will score loadzs gets anythin from 15-20 leauge goals a season for me.....

I tend to play a 4-4-2 but with wingers in the AM positions..!!

Whats your squad have you brought or sold ne1...???

also if you search Villa you may find a couple of my post that may help showing transfers iv brought in and out

Last edited:
Yeah I'm struggling with Villa too. I win 3 or 4 in a row then lose then next 3 or 4. I think it must be because I am only half way through my second season and I only have Barry, Young and Agbonlahor in the starting 11 and maybe because the side is young and haven't gelled together yet. Any advice would be helpful. I have attached a photo of my squad. I also have Ched Evans and Daniel Sturridge in the reserves.

Click on the photo below to enlarge in.

Last edited:
play 4-2-3-1, with carew of heskey up top and gabby and young on either wings

i'm Villa too. In my 1st season i won UEFA cup and i was 4 in a Premier League. Not too badly i think ... I used Harewood as my striker, he is amazing in season 09 he shot wonderful 40 goals !!!!!!! The second striker was Pogrebnyak. My left mid was Arshavin and right was Agbonlahor.In the middle i used Reo-cooker and moutinho. As a left full back i used Shorey and as right i used L.Young. In the mid defence i had Laursen and Cuellar. I suggest to sell Barry and Zat Knight to get extra money. i sold Barry for over 20 mln ! In future i ll add screenshots ! :) Best wishes

Why have none of you sold Barry? I sold him first season to City for 40 million added with my top half finish budget i had a decent amount to spend.
Brought
Mario Balotelli 14 million
Hamsik 17 million
Srna 11 million
David Santon 1 million
Opare 200k

Then get an extra 11 million before x mas as in a good financial position and spent that and my left over budget on
Yuri Zhirkov

Finished 9th not to good but a youngish squad so will only get better

SEASON 2

Expectation top half
Brought
Henri Saviet 11 million arrive next year (leave him at bord for a season as he gets in their team)
Higuan 7 million trasfer listed by madrid

Brought Jan
David Luiz 7 million
Mohamadu Sakho 15 million

Sold
Carlos cuellar 15 million
Hesky 5 million

Near end of season 5th 3 points of Arsenal in second going for champions league spot

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Almost forget to add my best signing, signed at the start of season 2 for 3 million!

David Beckham, yes thats right David Beckham! He increase shirt sales aswell!

Played CM

24 apperances ------------13 goals---------------11 asts----------3 mom---------------

I agree i play 4-4-2 with Wingers, it hasn't failed me yet XD

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

I Agree i use a 4-4-2with Wingers XD

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

I use a 4-4-2with Wingers XD

I agree i play 4-4-2 with Wingers, it hasn't failed me yet XD

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

I Agree i use a 4-4-2with Wingers XD

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

I use a 4-4-2with Wingers XD
posting once is enough. do it again and you'll be infracted for spam.