Karansagar

Reaction score
I'm 3 BPL games into my first season (at a custom-made club I made) and then I see this..
View attachment 287650
*Perez is next to certain to takeover Villa*

I will keep you guys updated if you guys want to know who they sign and what ends up happening to them, however my question is: Have you guys ever been part of a takeover? If so, I'd (and hopefully others) would love to hear some intriguing stories/occasions that happened to you. Also have you seen any other team rise/lose power because of new owners?

In my Sassuolo save end of 1st season I had a transfer embargo for a month or so as I was being taken over. This meant I could not bid for players incl co-owned ones. So I could not bid to fully own the legend that is BERARDI. So I lost him (thankfully Juve bid 28.5m for him!) and in the end the takeover didnt go through!

In my Sassuolo save end of 1st season I had a transfer embargo for a month or so as I was being taken over. This meant I could not bid for players incl co-owned ones. So I could not bid to fully own the legend that is BERARDI. So I lost him (thankfully Juve bid 28.5m for him!) and in the end the takeover didnt go through!

atleast you got a good amount of cash for a team like Sassuolo

As the manager of Wolfsburg, we got taken over sometime between season 2 and 3. It actually stabilized our finances when all was done. Of course there is a trade embargo while takeover talks take place, but it's not for long, maybe a couple of weeks or so. Usually a takeover is a good thing, if the new ownership group has better financing.

I had a really interesting one.

I had been at Juventus for 2 seasons and become bored and noticed my favourite club Blackburn had just been relegated back down to the Championship (had been promoted first season and gone straight back down). I decided to take over there as the challenge of overhauling the entire squad seemed fun. I had noticed that the chairman was 'open to offers' when I took over.

Anyway 3 takeover bids came in throughout the season, all failed. I managed to win the Championship in my first season with players like Jay Rodriguez, Kaboul, Flanagan (no idea how I managed to convince them). In the summer preparing for the Premier League a Tycoon takes over! Was fantastic for me as having a legit takeover from a Tycoon who wiped all the debts and upgrades everything and give big funds to the team you support IRL is a FM dream!

Think I am in my 3rd season in the Premier League now and won Europa League football twice, this is the season I start to branch out and spend big after keeping a steady wage structure whilst upgrading all my facilities. I won't stop until I am the best team in Europe.