Aston Villa - The road to Champions League

Frutty

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am gonna show you whenever I can, my progress with Aston Villa FC.
*Note: As I said I am pretty inactive sometimes, so I will update this thread whenever I can.

Andrew O'Connor has replaced Martin O'Neill as Aston Villa Manager. Randy Lerner is confident that the new Aston Villa manager can bring success to the club.

Andrew O'Connor to BBC Sports: 'I am looking forward to our next season, I hope we can qualify for Champions League this year after many attemptings of Martin O'Neill. The squad is full of talents and I think we won't make drastic changes in our team. Martin has done a good job here and I am confident I can prove to everyone that I am the right man at the right moment.'

Aston Villa Fans are pretty disappointed about Randy Lerner's decision, but the new Aston Villa Manager hopes he will prove to all of them that he is a succesful man to the club.

Andrew O'Connor, 40, is an English Manager, who played in his football player career to Swansea, Darlington, Tottenham and Aston Villa.

Last edited:
Good luck on this mate i dunno why ive never decided to be Villa theyre a good strong team

i shall be following you journey :)

who you looking to bring in?

Sol Campbell on a free - his wages are much less than Richard Dunne. Strangely Villa have no big players who you will receive millions for. I try to follow Martin O'Neill's lead and scout for young English Talent.

Also dependent on your tactics, Rafel Van Der Vaart is available for 7.5million, or loan for a season at 50% wages.

I think I am gonna bring van der Vaart on loan and van Nistelrooy on loan too because I got to spend only 3.5M. I will try to get Hamsik/Moutinho/Veloso. The defence may be stronger with Hutton or Srna.

*I am sorry if I am not gonna update everyday!

Campbell may not do much of a job for you try getting young defender muniesa from barcelona hes got potential as have feghouli and nainggolan

good luck though should be a good read

right guys.i watch my matches in zoomed vertical scrolling and whenever the ball goes in the box at the end im watching from, half of the screen just turns white and i cant see the play. has anyone else had this problem if so please help as it is driving me mad lol!need help asap

OK updates!

My first friendlies!

20h333l.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8z47wm.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first signings!

Chris Wood (In- West Bromwich - Loan)
John Bostock (In- Tottenham Hotspur - Loan)
Ruud van Nistelrooy (In- Real Madrid - Loan)

Andrew O'Connor said Nicky Shorey moved to Sunderland on loan and Harewood is almost to a transfer to West Bromwich.

3338nkz.png

@mattavfc - I got this problem too, it's a bug I think.

right guys.i watch my matches in zoomed vertical scrolling and whenever the ball goes in the box at the end im watching from, half of the screen just turns white and i cant see the play. has anyone else had this problem if so please help as it is driving me mad lol!need help asap
Stop spamming. Good luck Frutty

I'm trying a similar thing as Spurs - trying to gatecrash the top 4! <)

Good luck with it man, I've always been a fan of Villa's style of play under Martin O'Neill - or Andrew O'Connor as he's now known ;)

By the way, where did you get those kits? I've been searching for some FM2010 EPL kits, so far my search has been fruitless.

I started again last night.

Signed Gary Cahill - he counts as a home-grown player, also did some Harry Redknapp style wheeling and dealing - Mark Viduka on a free was the pick of the bunch.

Also sold Shorey to Sunderland for 5million
Heskey to Sunderland for 4million
and Harewood to Boro for 1.1million. Cleared some wages on players I would never use

Also |Downing and Bouma start light training very soon into the game.

I also got rid of John Robertson as Assistant Manager as his only good quality was Attacking. I have replaced him with Brian McClair from Manchester United - good motivatior, good with youngsters, judgement and attacking.

And 4-4-2 is good for Villa

@Dootis - Yea, that's really nice, I will try selling Heskey because the games I played he didn't done nothing than staying in the field.

@EnemaOfTheState - The skin are on our forum, they are 2D Skins.

@kinger75 - Thanks mate!

Updates!

New Friendlies!

t8w037.png

------------------------------------------------------------------

33216kk.png

294ny2v.png

70dnac.png

sep2t2.png

iooi78.png

The last three matches was in a League organised by me, but I finished just 3rd, Spurs have won it and Everton came 2nd.

No more transfers, my squad is talented, but I got a lot of injures so now I have to look on the Transfer Market and buy some players. Every oppinion will be appreciated!

Hey good luck i know villa have some good players in these positions anyway but try get feghouli and nainggolan theyre young and will provide competition all over midfield

keep the updates rolling :) good choice getting mclair in btw

i only just got FM10 and for my 1st season i choose to be villa because im a villa fan and although i strongly disagree with cheating at this game i decided to give myself some extra cash so i could have a dummy season and get used to the game layout ect...!!

im going to start a fresh now with Villa and was after a heads up on wot to do with signings, formation ect...???

I didnt give the likes of delph, albrighton, bannan, delphonso a chance on my dummy run and was woundering weather they could do a job from the start or should i loan then out for a year? and what formation do you think is best for villa as i struggled to find a settled formation on my previous game

am i rite to think they lack a good solid CM/DM who is good at marking, tackling and heading to break up play and a good striker as heskey for sure doesn't look like he has anything to offer!

can anybody please give me some help on the above matters..!!

also the new feature were u get backroom advice like "team struggles agaist 4-4-2, or struggles against high defencive line " do you listen to it?

THANK'S HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED

I was going to make some updates but I didn't found the saved game....
I found out that my brother deleted the saved game from his mistake!!!!!! Dude, this is annoying!!!!!!!!
The stupidest thing is that I cleared the Recycle Bin because I saw it has files, but I didn't know my file is there.........
Omfg, that's the most annoying thing my brother has made to me, after he enters on this site and changes in my profile that I support Arsenal or Newcastle....

Pfff, I am gonna start again.....

@mikeyvilla85 - Even you are an AV fan, you better stop spamming my thread and make your own, dude!

So now that I am gonna start again, you can give me oppinions on the defence and midfield (Central Position).

Well done and good luck with this.

Yea toonfan3, I am gonna start again, because of my pissy brother....
I will post updates as fast as I can with the new game.

Unlucky, I though you were a newcastle fan, you even set up a forum?