Aston Villa v Blackburn

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 1K
That was a fantastic game of football, nice to see the entire team look assured and to see Clark play in CB, we looked pretty solid today, really happy with that result, hopefully can push on for a strong finish now.

If I have 1 criticism its of Darren Bent and how poor he was in front of goal, didn't look sharp today at all, i', sure he'll be back next game though

UTV

Also, liked the "Good luck Arsenal" banner at Villa Park. :P

I saw that, made me laugh, we're not bitter at all :P

That was a fantastic game of football, nice to see the entire team look assured and to see Clark play in CB, we looked pretty solid today, really happy with that result, hopefully can push on for a strong finish now.

If I have 1 criticism its of Darren Bent and how poor he was in front of goal, didn't look sharp today at all, i', sure he'll be back next game though

Great isn't it, when your biggest problem is Darren Bent's finishing. Clark looked composed (as did Dunne, actually, good ball-playing from both) and Young proved me epically wrong. Albrighton was quiet until late, but Downing was great.

More trust is needed! XD

Piisss orrrff :P

Elaborate please (A)

Looked superb. Composed, looked like he has adapted to the pace of the game finally, technique was good and his vision was a cut above. Also put in more than his fair share of defensive work too, so good all-round performance topped off by some threatening shooting.

Great isn't it, when your biggest problem is Darren Bent's finishing. Clark looked composed (as did Dunne, actually, good ball-playing from both) and Young proved me epically wrong. Albrighton was quiet until late, but Downing was great.

Yeah looked defensively solid today which was nice, unfortunate to concede because Blackburn didn't really threaten. I'd say Delph looked good in left back as well which was a surprise, gutted for Nathan Baker though.

Downing was fantastic, i'm never sure about playing inverted wingers but he proved he's great at it, Albrighton got better for the last quarter but he needs to get used to getting onto his right foot and beating his man I think just to become really really effective at getting the ball in from the left, when he does get a ball in from the left he's fantastic, look at his cross for Clark against Chelsea. Really happy with Young, as captain he's really beginning to flourish and look proud to wear his Villa shirt, I hope that it convinces him to stay.

Good news: Albrighton starts!
Bad news: ******* Pires!
Good news: Young on the wing hopefully!
Bad news: ******* Pires!
Good news: Clark in the centre, Baker gets a start, Delph back on the bench!
Bad news: ******* PIRES!

Friedel, Walker, Dunne, Clark, Baker, Albrighton, Reo-Coker, Downing, Young, Pires, Bent.

Subs: Marshall, Agbonlahor, Herd, Petrov, Bradley, Heskey, Delph.

Like a god.

Piisss orrrff :P

Looked superb. Composed, looked like he has adapted to the pace of the game finally, technique was good and his vision was a cut above. Also put in more than his fair share of defensive work too, so good all-round performance topped off by some threatening shooting.

GodCubed = Knee Jerk :P

Back