150px-Aston_Villa.svg.png
200px-Everton_FC_Crest-colour.svg.png

Venue: Villa Park, Birmingham
Date: Sunday, 29th August 2010
Kick Off: 1600 BST
Coverage: Sky Sports 1, BBC Radio 5 Live

Probable Line-ups:
rsz_squad-sheets-aston-villa--001.jpg

Probable starters in bold, contenders in light.

Team News:

-Aston Villa forward Gabriel Agbonlahor should be fit despite being substituted with a tight calf in
Thursday's Europa League defeat by Rapid Vienna.
-Carlos Cuellar and James Collins are poised for their first league appearances of the season,
while John Carew and Richard Dunne are available.

-Everton captain Phil Neville is again doubtful with a foot injury, while Joseph Yobo has a thigh strain.
-Yakubu could miss out through illness and a shin problem.

Aston Villa:
Doubtful: Agbonlahor (calf)
Injured: Delph (knee), Sidwell (Achilles), Weimann (ankle)

Everton:
Doubtful: Neville (foot), Yakubu (illness/shin), Yobo (thigh)
Injured: Anichebe (knee)​

Interesting Match Stats:

-This is the most-played fixture in the English top flight with the teams meeting for the 191st time on Sunday
-Everton have won once in the league at Villa in their 22 visits since 1987 – 3-1 in February 2005
-Despite taking a penalty, John Carew is yet to get any of his eight shots in the league on target this season
-Five of the last seven league meetings between these sides have ended in a score draw
-Tim Cahill has scored four goals in his last four games against Villa in all competitions

Facts from BBC Sport and The Guardian

Got a bit of money on Everton, but could go either way with these two :S

Nice OP there mate good work

i think it will be 2-2 a good entertaining match

Last edited:
Nice OP there mate good work

i think it will be 2-2 a good enteraining match

Cheers mate, got board and decided to make a thread.

I'm going for 1-1, both teams have been pretty average so far this season and I don't imagine it changing tomorrow.

good OP. everton will take this, villa just look shaken and low on ideas. 1-2

3-3 for me, i have predicted 3-3 a few times this season and got them all wrong so fingers crossed.

I cant see Villa getting 2 much out of this match considering their pathetic run of form so Everton all the way for me

I think it will all hang on our defence. Dunne and Collins is a very good partnership, Warnock is about as solid a left back around and Cuellar/Luke Young are both good on the right. Now we've got our first choice lot available, I'm hoping for a much stronger base to build on. Marc Albrighton has been on fire so far this season, and Ireland looks promising. If we get rocket-boots Gabby playing, he will surely stick it in the net, he's developing into a seriously good player.

Hopefully Villa's defence will outmuscle the inexperienced (at this level) Beckford and Petrov will keep Cahill quiet as well as distributing reliably from the centre. I would love to see Ireland play well against a midfield that he will find it hard to find space in. I can see Villa playing it out to the flanks a lot in order to find an outlet, which is a good idea considering our talent out wide.

Two strong defences, two good sides. I reckon it'll be a stabilising draw for Villa, or possibly a scraped 2-1 win, if we're lucky.

Christ almighty, I'm having palpitations. What a win though! Great defensive job from the lads!

Well done Villa. Everton need a proper goalscorer.