Aston Villa v Fulham

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's game between Aston Villa and Fulham in the Premier League.

More...

Should be an interesting game, both teams have strengthened in January, I'm going for a 2-2 draw.

Pivotal game. Really, really want to win this one. 2-1 to the Villa.

Epic fight between wnb-Demps Bradley and Dempsey and both get sent off and Sidwell scores a screamer from 18 yards against his previous club in the 90th minute.

Seriously speaking, I think it will be a 1-1 draw with Bent and Dembélé scoring.

'Fulham's last top-flight win at Villa came in the days before colour television'

Sums it up for me. Maybe we will nick a draw but Villa have lots of pace upfront and on the flanks which we will struggle with.

I reckon it will be 3-1 Villa with two from Bent and one from Gabby, Fulhams goal coming from Dempsey

Hope Bradley gets his start. From what I've seen, he plays the game with something between seriousness and hate. Anger, I suppose, would be the easiest way to sum it up. Looks beastly anyway, alongside Makoun he could be absolutely sensational. I look forward to the game.

I think Eidur is in line to start, not entirely sure though.

Fulham line up will go:

Schwarzer
Pantsil
Hughes
Hangeland
Baird
Duff
Murphy
Sidwell
Dempsey
Dembele
Johnson (or Eidur)

Kakuta will come on later in the game I imagine. No sign of Etuhu.

Villa's new found confidence will be too much for Fulham today i think, although if Fulham score early and keep villa out early on, the crowd will turn and get frustrated and the game could go anywhere.

First 30 minutes is key for me!

Villa 2-0 Fulham, Downing x2 (hopefully as he is the first Villa edition i have made to my dream team, he better prove me right, money is big business ^^) )

Fulham go with the team from the Newcastle match, with Kakuta and Gudjohnsen on the bench.

1433: ASTON VILLA v FULHAM

Aston Villa: Friedel, Walker, Dunne, Collins, Clark, Petrov, Makoun, Downing, Ashley Young, Agbonlahor, Bent. Subs: Marshall, Pires, Albrighton, Delfouneso, Heskey, Reo-Coker, Cuellar.

Fulham: Schwarzer, Pantsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Baird, Duff, Murphy, Sidwell, Dempsey, Dembele, Johnson. Subs: Stockdale, Salcido, Gera, Gudjohnsen, Kakuta, Greening, Davies.

Referee: Lee Mason (Lancashire)

Both teams are in good form and both teams have a bench full of impact subs so the game could go either way. Just hoping it goes Fulham's way but Villa's front four is rather frightening.

Bent goal ruled out for offside. Was close but looked onside to me.

Replays show him just offside.

Downing is on fire this game! Shame we didn't play Bradley, I was looking forward to seeing him play.

Downing is on fire this game! Shame we didn't play Bradley, I was looking forward to seeing him play.

Indeed, Baird giving him way too much room. Shame he's not closing down his left foot, it's the only foot he uses!

Indeed, Baird giving him way too much room. Shame he's not closing down his left foot, it's the only foot he uses!

Little unfair, he's improved his right this season. Right in principle though. How's Sidwell doing, I'm watching the rugby with one eye and Villa with the other. Makoun looks great again, pinging balls around.

Oop, hope Schwarzers alright. Just got hit full force by a few stone of Darren Bent...

Last edited:
Little unfair, he's improved his right this season. Right in principle though. How's Sidwell doing, I'm watching the rugby with one eye and Villa with the other. Makoun looks great again, pinging balls around.

Meh, my stream broke after 18 minutes :'(

Sidwell looked okay.

Dempsey's down... looks nasty. He's not the kind of person to fake it either. Hope he's alright.