Aston Villa v Sunderland

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Preview followed by live coverage of Wednesday's game between Aston Villa and Sunderland in the Premier League.

More...

Pleeeez win, seriously. Really need this win, at home, against a good but beatable side.

EDIT: If Onuoha's out and Gabby's in, very good news. Gab won't have to contend with someone with pace near matching his own.

Pleeeez win, seriously. Really need this win, at home, against a good but beatable side.

EDIT: If Onuoha's out and Gabby's in, very good news. Gab won't have to contend with someone with pace near matching his own.
Is Mensah playing? He's pretty quick aswell..

Is Mensah playing? He's pretty quick aswell..

The point I was making is Onuoha is blisteringly quick. Kinda moot considering Mensah's got an ankle injury, though.

Aston Villa: Friedel, Cuellar, Dunne, Collins, Clark, Ashley Young, Reo-Coker, Petrov, Downing, Agbonlahor, Heskey. Subs: Marshall, Pires, Albrighton, Delfouneso, Bannan, Lichaj, Herd.
Sunderland: Gordon, Bardsley, Ferdinand, Bramble, Richardson, Elmohamady, Meyler, Henderson, Malbranque, Welbeck, Bent. Subs: Mignolet, Zenden, Angeleri, Da Silva, Riveros, Gyan, Adams.
Referee: Peter Walton (Northamptonshire)

Villa 3 - 0 Sunderland
Heskey hat-trick

Time to stop dreaming

Downing , Collins , OG

Right. Predicting a 2-1 win for us, with Heskey, Gabby and Bent getting the goals.

Aston Villa 1 - 1 Sunderland

Gabby and Gyan.

Fast-paced game going on here, with counterattacks being counterattacked. Entertaining stuff. Heskey looking dangerous, as is Bent.

EDIT: Looks like a nasty injury to Meyler. Knee injury, I think, he's staying down. Yep, stretchered off. Villa crowd giving him a good hand, that's nice.

OMG! Heskey hits the bar from 1 foot! Literally 1 foot!

How how HOW?!

Last edited:
On the bright side Villa, it looks like your about to sign Kyle Walker on loan from Spurs :)

Few of my QPR mates have said hes brilliant

On the bright side Villa, it looks like your about to sign Kyle Walker on loan from Spurs :)

Few of my QPR mates have said hes brilliant

Probably won't, he wouldn't want to come to us anyway, everything's ******, forget it.

We're doooooomed

Long time to go, CHILL :$

Easy for you to say, dammit! Even worse is when you're going to absolutely spank us all over the pitch, Big 'Eck'll bring himself on and score a hat-trick whilst Houllier ums and ahs over bringing Albrighton on in the 94th minute...

Easy for you to say, dammit! Even worse is when you're going to absolutely spank us all over the pitch, Big 'Eck'll bring himself on and score a hat-trick whilst Houllier ums and ahs over bringing Albrighton on in the 94th minute...

Seriously CHILL...

iv got your fellow Vile flapping all over the place on Facebook, some moaning about management, some players, some boardroom!!

mainly because its been a while since you have experienced a real worry, the key is to stay calm and stay with the mentality that its not over, or it will eat you alive XD

I am relatively confident about the derby, only because we have finally broke the hoodoo, but it is a derby and you could easily turn your season around at St Andrews.

If we manage to pull of this Robbie Keane deal then Im confident we will stay up, but Im massively doubting it happening. Colin Tattum (Blues writer birmingham evening mail) has totally rubbished it.

Seriously CHILL...

iv got your fellow Vile flapping all over the place on Facebook, some moaning about management, some players, some boardroom!!

mainly because its been a while since you have experienced a real worry, the key is to stay calm and stay with the mentality that its not over, or it will eat you alive XD

I am relatively confident about the derby, only because we have finally broke the hoodoo, but it is a derby and you could easily turn your season around at St Andrews.

If we manage to pull of this Robbie Keane deal then Im confident we will stay up, but Im massively doubting it happening. Colin Tattum (Blues writer birmingham evening mail) has totally rubbished it.

Nothing wrong with the boardroom. **** of a lot wrong with the management, some things wrong with the players.

I'm sure I will be fine by tomorrow. Either that or clinically insane. In the meantime, sod "Keep calm and carry on". I need something more... relevant.

genImageCairo.aspx

Nothing wrong with the boardroom. **** of a lot wrong with the management, some things wrong with the players.

I'm sure I will be fine by tomorrow. Either that or clinically insane. In the meantime:

Your just having a difficult time of it, we all are, the leagues a ******* roller-coaster which is ****** irritating for teams like ours, as there's always a risk!

I hate going into a derby against an out of form side, its a game that can turn on its head, looking forward to it though.

You need signings and quick, just not sure how much resource and what Houlier will go for :$