Sc00by

Reaction score
So weve got a lot of relatively unknown young players.

Im 7 months into a save and Im unsure of who to sell and who to keep. Usually I would fire sell everyone and just rebuild, but this time Im doing things slowly, and I want to give a chance to anyone who might turn out to be good enough to play a part for a top 4 club.

So far Ive sold, Given, Lichaj, Bannan, Herd, Warnock, a lot of others are out on loan.

So at seasons end I plan to decide who will stay and who will go and start to build around them.

Bowery ST
Stevens LB
Baker DC
Weimann ST
Gardner AMC
Westwood DMC
Clark DC
Lowton DR
Bennett DL
Albrighton AMR
Delph MC
Agbonlahor ST
Benteke ST

Which of these would be worth keeping? How far do you think they are capable of going?

43 views and no replies?

I need some help here.

Hey buddy.

I found on my save, Clark and Baker became useful players, Benteke was ok but I sold him onto Swansea in the end. Agbonlahor is ok too but won't get any better. Delph again becomes 'decent', and I found Lowton and Bennett were ok for two seasons.

Weimann is a decent premier league forward, scores plenty of goals at least...Gary Gardner can be good if you heavily train his physical stats and give him a good tutor.

I found in general the potential ratings for the whole team is low, so you could get them into the Europa League...but beyond that you need big changes. I'm in 2019 now and the only player I have left from the original squad is Clark, and he is a rotation player.

I'm a Villa fan myself, and I wanted the current team to have a longer shelf life...so I've started a new save with an edited data base in the hope to keep the same team together for a bit longer.

Oh I should also add, the best players I found from the current squad were Grealish, Graham and Webb from the under 18s. They all turned into really good players. Grealish needs a tutor to boost his determination ratings (I used Alan Dzagoev). Webb and Graham I used tutors and match experience and they become first team players for me. In the end, Graham broke his leg and that destroyed him. Grealish I sold for 15 million as I had better regens, and Webb I sold for 25 million to Man Utd because it was such a good offer

Last edited:
Thank you! That has helped me a ton, I wont be so keen to hold onto the likes of Westwood and Albrighton then now.

id of kept bannan class dlp for me, c.clarke play him alot turns in to a beast!!! cb or dm

I hate Bannan IRL, too weak and usually weak players need to be exceptionally gifted, hes just semi decently gifted IMO. I cant keep him, lol

£5m has bought me 4-5 wonderkids.

I have just started at Villa as my second team and its November first season- lambert been sacked and there 18th. I have offered out Gabby, N'Zogbia, Hutton, Warnock, Albrighton all for sale. Sold Delph for £3 Million. I have no money to start with and a lot of of over paid waste in the squad. Grant Holt is joining in Jan for £5 Million. Need a decent centre back, box to box mindfielder and a decent right winger.

Why would you sell those guys and buy Holt? Doesnt make much sense.

The squad is more than capable of staying in the league without doing anything in the transfer market.

In my first season I ended 6th, had a fantastic 1st half of season and real poor 2nd half. I won 3-1 at Newcastle last day to jump 2 spots.

This summer Ive revamped big time, I didnt want it to go down like that but thats just the way it turned out. I was depsperate to get rid of high earning average players like Hutton for example. Ive kept the guys that are good enough and Ive replaced the rest where possible. Ive also completely rebuilt the clubs backroom staff. I have Johan Cruyff as my *** Man, and Peter Beardsley is a coach. Got min 4* throughout.

View attachment 296500

Ive just signed Diame for CDM as I was unhappy having 2 young guys there and the guy on the bench is only 18. Got Diame for £2.7m, so will keep him for 2-3 seasons until my other 2 guys are fully ready then sell him hopefully for a profit.