jonesbilly194

Reaction score
just watched the Aston Villa vs Man City match and thought that they played rather well for such a young squad and compared with the start of the season they've come along way. they've got some talents in benteke, guzan, nzogbia, agbonlahor etc!
I think they could have some good potential on fm, under the right guidance haha. just wanted to get peoples opinions on what they think of starting a save with villa?

would be greatful for any replies!

Its a massive challenge on the new patch; £100k over your starting wage budget (Although you can ask the board to give you a little extra which knocks it down to £40k over budget), £0 transfer Budget and you only get 75% of any transfers you make (although you can convince them to raise it to 85%).

Still, Benteke looks like a beast and could work well either uptop on his own or as part of a forward 2. Baker & Clark are a center back pariing that'll last you a long time, and you've got some good prospects in the squad like Gardner.

not to mention Lowton, Westwood, weimann possibly too?
I didn't realise the finances were such a state as I've done no research into it, I. sure if I sold some deadwood like bent, ireland and dunne I might get a bit to spend

Lowton, Westwood and Weimann do look good. A major problem I've ran into is getting rid of the ones on Big Wages. Dunnes out for 10 Months so no-one will put a bid in, Given and Ireland turned down the teams I offered them to (They wanted big wages >.>) and When I did finally get Bent offered to a club (for £4m!) he wanted me to pay him £33k p/w so he could go play for Everton.

Getting staff ins a pain aswell. £2.1k p/w to get an Assistant Manager. But still, this is my challenege and it looks fun :D

I'm a Villa fan and I find the save quite frustrating. A lot of the youngsters haven't been given great PA's (Benteke included), so you end up having to sell them off and build a whole new squad after the first few seasons

I dunno, I think they've got a lot of the PA's spot on:

Benteke: 160 PA
Baker, Gardner, Clark: 150 - 160 PA
Westwood, Bannan, Delph, Sylla, Weimann: 140 - 150 PA
Grealish, Graham, Robinson, Webb: -8 PA

The ones that I think they've got badly wrong is Lowton's and (If he's got as much potential as the rumors say) Carruthers and maybe Weimann (although he may turn out like gabby, great player but average stats) IMO, the ones above seem pretty okay to me.

A villa game on the new patch has its challenges, but once it hits its stride it looks like its gonna be fun. Im prob gonna start a story soon

Last edited:
I dunno, I think they've got a lot of the PA's spot on:

Benteke: 160 PA
Baker, Gardner, Clark: 150 - 160 PA
Westwood, Bannan, Delph, Sylla, Weimann: 140 - 150 PA
Grealish, Graham, Robinson, Webb: -8 PA

The ones that I think they've got badly wrong is Lowton's and (If he's got as much potential as the rumors say) Carruthers and maybe Weimann (although he may turn out like gabby, great player but average stats) IMO, the ones above seem pretty okay to me.

A villa game on the new patch has its challenges, but once it hits its stride it looks like its gonna be fun. Im prob gonna start a story soon
so did you end up going for it?