UTVsotc

Reaction score
Iv had fm2011 since sunday and am yet to start a proper game as iv just been messing around looking at players on there and on here and checking out the new features ect. Im going to start a new game tonight as aston villa manager and am after abit of advice. I need to cut my wage budget down loads and to do this i wish to sell Beye , Fredal, carew, sidwell and Heskey then replace them with young talent. Im looking at Tom Cainey of hull , Lukaku, Diago Buonanotte already but who els can I get? Really need a GK covering Lb and RB and CM/DM Can any body help? Also can somebody please tell me the current and potential abbilitys of Ciran Clarke, Barry Bannan, Marc Albrighton, Nathan Delphonsio, Fabian Delph and Eric Lichaj as in real life these all look good so can they make the grade on footy manager? And is there any players you can think off that when you sign them gets the media talking I.e states clubs ambition ect? Remember I only have 18m plus what ever I raise from sales!

CA/PA stats here:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f101/fm-11-ca-pa-shortlist-download-t50005.html

"Wonderkid" Shorlist (mine will be out on Monday morning :wub:)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3524

sell the players you mentioned (even if for free, drop the wage budget)
sign:
GK:
Andrea Consigli, David Ospina, Sinan Bolat, Renan (Botofoga Gk) Felipe, Silviu Lung (if he is still good) Eduardo, Rui Patricio, Kenny Steppe, Stijn Stijnen

Mids:

Milan Badelj, Pierre, Ognejn Vukojevic, Arouca, Sousa, Tiberio Guarente, Alturo Vidal, Lee Cattermole, Moustapha Bayal, Yann Mvilla, Yohan Cabaye,

Defenders:

Ismail Koybasi, Georgiy Schennikov, Hvjran Cale, Michel Bastos, Mamdouh Sakho, Marcell Jansen, Sebastian Boenisch, Juan Manual Vargas, Seabstian Pocognoli

try signing Kevin from Zaragoza, very good young and cheap player

Thanks raikan you was a big help on fm10 so i appreciate ya help again. I'll check those out later which of those are your top reccomendations?

Andrea Consigli, Milan Badelj (creative player) Ognejn Vukojevic (defensive player) Marcell Jansen (good strong left back, can play left mid as well)

Vokojevic isn't on my save mate using large db as well any ideas? Also is consigli good enough to be number 1 keeper from the off? Think I'm going to look at bringing in young players only so any top reccomendations are welcome

I'm playing as villa, I recommend Digne from Lille as your cover LB, really high potential.
I managed a couple of coups end of first season and signed Pastore and Hazard for my 35m budget
Zigic for 3m, sold some players and got more funds and signed Jordan Henderson and managed to get Dario Srna on pre contract. 3rd in the league season 2 with 12 games to go.

tactics 4-2-4
LB jose angel from sporting(2.4 mil)
RB luke young or habib beye
DCL colind(limited stoper)
DCR dunn (defend stoper)
MCL alberto lora(from sporting 2.5 mil.)as box to box
MCR petrov(CM automatic)
AML diego castro(again from sporting-great wingerAML and AMR-cost 5 mil)or M. Zeman from sparta 1.2 mil.-play as inside F
AMR albrighton(winger)A. Young (I.F.) or A.Mora(winger or I.F.)
STL AGBONLAHOR - poacher or delfuoneso
STR ASHLEY YOUNG as adv. F. or kadlec who can also play as AML I.F.
my first half-season was GREAT

i had the exact same thing,

i loaned out heskey and beye.. which had sell on clauses, although the loans didnt cover the whole wage.
sold friedel, bought Ochoa.
offered carew a new contract at the end of the season (as his contract is due to to run out) got him down to 37k rather than 55k?
Dunne has a great season for me so i kept him the same..

and released Sidwell and Young at the end of the season as they both are very average and payed way too much.

i bought Lukuka Defour Hodson(RB) for cover aswell all dont ask for such a high wage..

also note that Reo-Coker is a hard bargainer as he wants the same wage as the top earner (Ashley Young).

i think petrov is payed way too much, i think i always try and offer new contracts with larger sign on fees rather than a higher way it limits who to sign..

also let andy marshall go, he gets payed 5 or 10k and hes plain awful BSP quality.

i am just about to finish my first season.... won the league cup, semi final of the FA cup where i lost to chelsea, have the euro cup semi final against porto to play and about 6 games left in the league.
Playing a 4-1-4-1 with wingers.... started by selling carew, heskey, l. young, beye, cuellar, sidwell and reo-coker (sold in Jan) and loaning out baker... Signings were: Branislav Ivanović for RB, Fábio Coentrão to play LB, Leroy Fer as DMC who has been amazing, Eden hazard as an additional winger to provide competition for Albrighton Young and Downing and i signed khouma Babacar from Fiorentina to aid Agbonlahor and Delfouneso. Friedel is still good and played for me until January when he was replaced by Benjamin Siegrist who with toutering has become excellent... current first 11 is GK Siegrist DR Ivanovic DC Clark DC Dunne DL Coentrao DMC Fer MC Ireland MC Bannan AMR Albrighton AML Young FC Agbonlahor. The team has also qualified for the champions league next season and is level on points with chelsea.

you can try also LB masilela(200k) and ST wilfried niflore(18k) very good stats for very low ivestment

i had the exact same thing,

i loaned out heskey and beye.. which had sell on clauses, although the loans didnt cover the whole wage.
sold friedel, bought Ochoa.
offered carew a new contract at the end of the season (as his contract is due to to run out) got him down to 37k rather than 55k?
Dunne has a great season for me so i kept him the same..

and released Sidwell and Young at the end of the season as they both are very average and payed way too much.

i bought Lukuka Defour Hodson(RB) for cover aswell all dont ask for such a high wage..

also note that Reo-Coker is a hard bargainer as he wants the same wage as the top earner (Ashley Young).

i think petrov is payed way too much, i think i always try and offer new contracts with larger sign on fees rather than a higher way it limits who to sign..

also let andy marshall go, he gets payed 5 or 10k and hes plain awful BSP quality.

I also bought hodgson and defour im only in November 1st season and Defour has been great, also brought Almeida in from bremen for 5m he has been a goal machine with gabby, must say though Mark Brannan has been my stand out performer playing ML

If your wanting a good goalkeeper you could try Salvatore Sirigu from Palermo, i had him for my AC Milan game and he came straight in and become my #1 keeper

Thanks for all the help guys only just seen all ya replies been flat out working and ain't had chance to get any game time in...! I started a new save and although I hate doing it I used the editor to improve a couple of my youth players as all I'm looking to do in this save is to get to the January window and see who becomes available because I didn't want to spend my budget on players if there are better options in the January window I should hold out for? ( i.e do clubs like man city real madrid ect with lots of cash make the likes of J Hart , L Diarra , A Johnson ect available for transfer as there upset and req 1stvteam action due to the clubs splashing out on big stars) I haven't edited to much mind just put Ciran Clarks pa to the same as Dunnes Barry Bannans to the same as Downing, E Lichaj to the same as L Young and Albrigton to the same as A Youngs potential ability as I feel there stats are underrated and poor but don't forget I need to train/tutor these players still! I also signed T Cairney from hull , Lukaku for 7m , Ochoa 3m and Beuonette for 2m selling Sidwell free , Baye 2m. I'm playing a 4-2-4 in November sitting 6th...