At. Madrid - The other side of Madrid

So, here I was sitting in the plane with the squad, and my wife, as we traveled to Argentina. Our kids where at home with grandpa Cerezo. We were already mentally preparing for our friendly vs Estudiantes. Not because it's a big fixture, but because this was my first "real" game in charge.
The game vs. Atletico "B" doesn't really count in my book. I slept through the entire trip. It's been a terribly hard beginning at the club, but I think I've settled here. And I really am enjoying life at the club, no doubt about that.

Unfortunately, Mario Suarez, Silvio and Assuncao didn't travel with the squad, as they were completing their moves to Leverkusen, where Silvio and Suarez are heading and Blackburn, who assuncao is going to join.

There is nothing specific to mention, the squad trained really well and we were ready to meet Estudiantes.

*After the match*

The game went fairly well. We beat them 2-1. German Re brought Estudiantes up after 27 minutes, and we didn't equalize until the 52nd minute, where Diego Godin scored a well placed header which came from a amazing corner.
Juan Dominguez scored an own goal after 67 minutes, which gave us the winner.

Unfortunately, Ryo Miyachi twisted his ankle and is out for a couple of weeks, but should be ready for the first game in the league against Osasuna.

So now we're back in Spain, and honestly the jet lag is killing me. I've never even left Europe, so I'm guessing it's harder on me than the rest of the players.
At least the kids were happy to have us back at home safe and sound.

The next match is in two days vs. Norwegian Tromsø, in the Europa League qualification. They impressed me in their game against Metalurgs, so we absolutely have to be careful not to cause an upset, which we all know that it easily can happen in competitions like this.

All summed up, it has been a great week so far.

Here I was, one day before my first ever competetive match, not just as At. Madrid coach, but generally. I was shaking like a leaf before my first "pre-match" press conference. Thinking about what they could ask me, and preparing answers, hoping I wouldn't be caught off-guard.

*Press conference*

Q: Tromsø are alot weaker than yourself, but playing weaker sides away in the first leg can usually come with upsets. What do you say to that?
A: I think we have an excellent chance, considering the quality of our players.

Q: So, considering you quality of players, as you say, what is the strongest area of your team?
A: There is no "strongest area". All areas are good in this team.

Q: Would you think it's an advantage to play away from home first?
A: Absolutely. That means they deciding game will be played infront of our own fans, and we all know what effect they can have on our game.

Q: Looking at the odds, the bookies are considering you one of the favorites to win the league this season. What do you think?
A: Well, looking at our team, I'd say we will be up there somewhere at the end of the season.

Q: Many managers say that there is a fine line between success and failure, which can be triggered by injuries alone. Do you agree with that?
I don't think you can blame failure on injuries alone.

Q: The Europa League draw has been favourable towards you, with a considerably weaker opponent like Tromsø, is that an assesment you agree with?
A: Well, a draw could be trickier, but Tromsø still have to be respected.

Q: Reports have linked you with a move for Everton's defensive midfieler Marouane Fellaini. Are you prepared to go on record with your thoughts on the story?
A: I am not interested in the player.

*After the press conference*

"Fellaini?!" I thought to myself, wondering why the **** the media would assume that I would be interested in him.

The bookies are considering us one of the favorites to win the league... That question certainly caught me off guard. I had no idea. But considering the strength of the squad, I should've realised. But of course I didn't, given my humble nature.
Oh well, time to go home, get some dinner, and get a good nights sleep before the game tomorrow... I really hope that I don't screw it up.

Again, sorry for the delay. Next update tonight :)

Sorry lads... I've had some computer problems lately, and it seems the At. Madrid save has been deleted. I can't find it anywhere, so that's the only thing I can assume.

I hope to be starting a new story, with Liverpool, hopefully this time the save will remain. If anybody will be interested in following it, let me know :)

apparently u got assassinated by a fan once u stepped out off the press conference building . the fan is said to be a a At. Madrid fan, reason is unclear but rumours circulating but nothing solid. (lol)

imagine the situation like how Julius Cesar got assassinated, and the events leading up to it. ;)

you were close to see the light rays coming, but just then the door went shut in all darkness, it ends

RIP Andreas Dähnert , and revive soon at Anfield in the next 3 days :)

**lol jk** i just started reading it today, and then bad news come form u about the pc crash.

apparently u got assassinated by a fan once u stepped out off the press conference building . the fan is said to be a a At. Madrid fan, reason is unclear but rumours circulating but nothing solid. (lol)

imagine the situation like how Julius Cesar got assassinated, and the events leading up to it. ;)

you were close to see the light rays coming, but just then the door went shut in all darkness, it ends

RIP Andreas Dähnert , and revive soon at Anfield in the next 3 days :)

**lol jk** i just started reading it today, and then bad news come form u about the pc crash.

LOL! With that imagination, you could write a story yourself :p

However, I'll probably be starting the Liverpool story either today or tomorrow, and this time I'm making several back ups, to prevent this from happening again.

The Liverpool story will be as good as this, if not better I promise you that :p

ill definitely be following the liverpool one, if you get a chance check my swansea one :)