Athletic Bilbao - Because not everyone wants to sign C.Ronaldo

Felipe is phenomenal..!

Thats one way to describe him!

Update for at least the first half of the 2014-15 season will be up Tomorrow

Few people have mentioned starting Athletic Saves, Would be nice to know how people have got on with it!

Edit: Added a Screenshot of my Managerial Stats at this point as well. World Class and Finally 100% Domestic Biase.. As you can see, me and the Media aren't friends..

Nice to see Guardiola and and Mourinho have the best opinion of me, obviously know a Challenge when they see one!

Last edited:
Felipe looks amazing, how much more room for improvement does he have? :wub:

update soon I hope! :D

Yes, Sorry it will be later than I had hoped! The Stories Section is CLOSING tomorrow, so I am having to spend the time transferring the story up to this point into the Blog medium. Then with that done, I will update with the 2014-15 Season, such a good season as well. So Please all check my Blog in in a few days! Not 100% sure how it will all work but hopefully I will still be able to receive your comments that I have really spurred me on to continuing this story! Thanks Guys.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Felipe looks amazing, how much more room for improvement does he have? :wub:

He's fantastic. Just finished the 2014-2015 season and he looks like he still have even more room for improvement, already better than Torres as an out and out finisher at the age of 20 with 18 finishing and 18 composure, could become the best striker in the world unless another ridiculous regen appears out of no where ha. Can imagine Barca or Madrid will swoop in within the next few seasons though which will place real pressure on Athletic to hold on him!

Yes, Sorry it will be later than I had hoped! The Stories Section is CLOSING tomorrow, so I am having to spend the time transferring the story up to this point into the Blog medium. Then with that done, I will update with the 2014-15 Season, such a good season as well. So Please all check my Blog in in a few days! Not 100% sure how it will all work but hopefully I will still be able to receive your comments that I have really spurred me on to continuing this story! Thanks Guys.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

He's fantastic. Just finished the 2014-2015 season and he looks like he still have even more room for improvement, already better than Torres as an out and out finisher at the age of 20 with 18 finishing and 18 composure, could become the best striker in the world unless another ridiculous regen appears out of no where ha. Can imagine Barca or Madrid will swoop in within the next few seasons though which will place real pressure on Athletic to hold on him!

Ive found the best way to keep big clubs away from your young stars is to set the transfer status to "reject all offers" and make them fall in love with the club. Young players generally want to move to bigger clubs so if you start winning the league and cup comps then he will obv wanna stay with you :)

You've inspired me to start one myself, viva Bilbao !

How do I search to sign just Basque born players ?

Last edited:
You've inspired me to start one myself, viva Bilbao !

How do I search to sign just Basque born players ?

Glad to hear it pal! Please do message me with how it goes!

For Bilbao, the Search is already set to Basque players, but it is important to edit the search 'Filter' in the 'Player Search' in the 'Transfer Centre' to 'Nationality - Spainish, Age - 16' every few months to see if any good young 16 year old regens have cropped up, because Athletic are allow to sign 16 year olds.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Ive found the best way to keep big clubs away from your young stars is to set the transfer status to "reject all offers" and make them fall in love with the club. Young players generally want to move to bigger clubs so if you start winning the league and cup comps then he will obv wanna stay with you :)

Yeh, sounds good, he signed a new contract till like 2020 due to his love for the club, and i think im one of his favoured personal now so hopefully he'll stick around, dont know if i'll be able to play till 2020 though, seeing as all my best players are ageing fast and all the regens except Felipe really arent making the cut!! Athletic Club is such a challenging, frustrating at times but highly rewarding team.

Yeh i would imagine it would be. Keep your scouts on the lookout constantly and any sniff of a decent looking regen snap him up pronto :)

Decent start in my friendlies, beating Chievo 4-0 and Piacenza 5-0. A 2-1 loss to Fiorentina was pretty disappointing and probably shows I don't have the quality to challenge for Europe, just yet anyway. Signed Benat from betis for 1.4 million and got a decent regen CB. 13 tackling, 15 heading and 12 pace. He opted for me instead of Real Madrid. I'm on 11.3, I assume your's is 11.1 ?

Decent start in my friendlies, beating Chievo 4-0 and Piacenza 5-0. A 2-1 loss to Fiorentina was pretty disappointing and probably shows I don't have the quality to challenge for Europe, just yet anyway. Signed Benat from betis for 1.4 million and got a decent regen CB. 13 tackling, 15 heading and 12 pace. He opted for me instead of Real Madrid. I'm on 11.3, I assume your's is 11.1 ?

Might have been 11.2, but yeh, yours might become even more challenging with the updated transfers. As you know i was lucky because I managed to get an ageing by still class Xabi Alonso and Mikel Arteta on Transfer List, might not happen in the same way on 11.3. Good luck with it, and keep do keep me updated! And try and get Ander as quick as you can, unless 11.3 has that transfer updated and he is due to join at the end of the season like in real life?

Yeah, 7.39 million at the start of the second season ... Happy days!