Athletic Bilbao: The Basque Assault on the Title

Goooner

Reaction score
Thought id start another story after getting bored of my fulham one. I found bilao interesting cause of their transfer policies and only being able to sign Basque players so here we go.

Hope you enjoy (H)

Portugese fanatic takes charge:

Former Portugese international Paulo Dos Santos has taken charge of Athletic Club after Joaquín Caparrós cracked under the pressure of only being able to buy Basque players and wishes the new manager good luck. Dos Santos had this to say about his new job: "Im happy to be here and i know ill be successful. Theres a lot of pressure when managing one of Spains most successful clubs but i can handle it, ive been in worse. The issue of not being able to sign players that are non Basque makes it harder but im a great manager and i have great staff and a stable board backing. It gives us a chance to generate youth and give the youngsters more opportunities which is something you dont see these days its basically me and that Frenchman Wenger. With all that done and said the squad is very solid and i know i can meet the mid-table finish expectations with ease and we'll hopefully exceed that and push for the champions league within about 2 years, give or take. I have a few targets in mind and will be looking to strengthen in a few areas and let a few of the lesser players go, lets hope Man City comes along."

Updates in a few

Last edited:
Dos Santos Completes his work the the transfer market:

"Well i have to say ive got a great eye for talent. Im delighted to be able to raid one of our closest rivals, taking five of their best players."

"I had to let a few go to fund some of the transfers and wish them luck at their new clubs."

Key signings:

ander-zaragoza-tenerife.jpg

Ander:The young midfielder has been compared to Guti in recent years with his ability to spot a chance and create it. He will be a key Bilbao player in the years to come

xabi-prieto.jpg

Xabi Prieto:The skillful winger will add some creativity and flair on the flanks and will defiantly strike fear into the oppositions eyes

3151645259-soccer-barclays-premier-league-manchester-city-v-fulham-city-manchester.jpg
Javier Garrido: The left back will give the Bilbao side stability on the flanks in both defence and attack. He also brings experience from what used to be the best league in the world, now im here its gotta be Spain.

Screenies:
View attachment 24403
View attachment 24404
View attachment 24405
View attachment 24406
View attachment 24407
View attachment 24408
View attachment 24409
View attachment 24410

Tatics:

"Im gonna set out with a 4-2-3-1 formation. Attacking but defensively stable at the same time. Im gonna go out for the win no matter what team i play the players will perform and there will be goals."

View attachment 24412

Pre-season:

View attachment 24411

Last edited:
Surely you gotta be Basque yourself to manage them ;)

Good luck though, be very tough to win the title

Thanks Jack. I doubt ill be able to win the title this year but you never know

ill look to see how muniain turns out ^^)

Good stuff Goooner. I am enjoying this and can't wait to see more. Garrido will be class for you. (H)

Make use of Javi Martinez mate he is quality!

big challenge. the development of munain will be key to your long term aspirations.

good luck, ive managed bilbao before on previous fms, it was always nice to sign bixente lizarizu as he was a french/basque lol, but garrido looks good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love being Bilbao simply because of the transfer restrictions. Had a Bilbao save myself but deleted it by mistake like a plonker! Del Horno becomes available reasonably cheap in the 2nd season and the regens develop into very good player just make sure you keep their buy out clauses high because I lost 1 or 2 future superstars to Premier League for only £3/4m... thieving bestards

I'm playing with Bilbao too. Javi Martinez, Ander, Fernando Llorente, Iker Muniain and Fernando Amerebieta are GREAT!!! Also I have some great regens, excellent prospects.
I qualify for Europa league every season, I'm 2014 now and won the Spanish Cup once in 2013 against Real Madrid.

Aupa Athletic!

Can't believe I've not seen this before! I've always wanted to see a story on Athletic Bilbao due to it's difficulty.

Bringing it back?

Sorry guys my internets been down recently(hence why i havent been on the site that much) and i couldnt continue it as my games been getting crash dumps but ill deffo be doing it when the new patch comes out.

Sorry guys my internets been down recently(hence why i havent been on the site that much) and i couldnt continue it as my games been getting crash dumps but ill deffo be doing it when the new patch comes out.

You don't need to lie.. Just say you gave up because you lost your first game! Lol

Seriously his crash dumps file is there attached to the site why can you lot not believe him.