Athletic Bilbao?

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 10K
I have posted a few screenies for you at the end of the 2nd season - 2 spanish cup wins, euro super cup and spanish super cup plus a 3rd place and 2nd place finish. That is my 1st choice team with Ruffier about to join. I play attacking, short passing, fluid, more roaming, press more.

My 2 cbs scored 14 goals each in total and Azpilicueta got 20 assists.View attachment 210019
View attachment 210017

View attachment 210018View attachment 210020View attachment 210021View attachment 210022View attachment 210023View attachment 210024View attachment 210025View attachment 210026View attachment 210027View attachment 210028View attachment 210029

I won everything in my first season with them! Really everything! Also playing a 4231.

Qualified from my group but lost 7-4 on aggregate to Inter who got knocked out in the semis by Man Utd (who topped my group) and won it. It was annoying cos I lost at home 3-2 and was 2-0 up at the San Siro at half time. Poor team talk methinks!

Last edited:
France just finished 2nd in their group to Spain in the World Cup Qualifying group and sacked Laurent Blanc, I went in for it and got the job. Have to negotiate a play-off against Russia. Well pleased with that, thought I would get a lesser nation first.

Aritz Aduriz from Valencia could be a decent backup/strike partner for Llorente. I had a Bilbao game last year where I signed a 33 year old Xabi Alonso on a free too.

Aritz Aduriz from Valencia could be a decent backup/strike partner for Llorente. I had a Bilbao game last year where I signed a 33 year old Xabi Alonso on a free too.

I seen him but thought otherwise. Playing my 16 year old Etxaniz as back up and also have Kike Sola from Osasuna

I just joined after leaving Spurs in the second season without realising the basque rule! But since i've joined we've won every game(8) apart from 1 draw with Villareal!

My team is
Iraizoz
Ekiza Aurtenetxe Amorebieta Koikili
Javi Martinez
De Marcos Herrera Susaeta
Muniain Llorente

I had to resign susaeta from Valencia as they had sold him. My defence is weak but i just try and outscore the other team!!
Tried signing the really good left back and he agreed contract and all but then pulled out cos we were bottom of the league when i bid for him. I'm now 7th in January and he still wont join :(

I just joined after leaving Spurs in the second season without realising the basque rule! But since i've joined we've won every game(8) apart from 1 draw with Villareal!

My team is
Iraizoz
Ekiza Aurtenetxe Amorebieta Koikili
Javi Martinez
De Marcos Herrera Susaeta
Muniain Llorente

I had to resign susaeta from Valencia as they had sold him. My defence is weak but i just try and outscore the other team!!
Tried signing the really good left back and he agreed contract and all but then pulled out cos we were bottom of the league when i bid for him. I'm now 7th in January and he still wont join :(

Hi. My posts were from a save months ago but I have a very successful save with them at the moment which I am doing a story on its called Basque-ing in Bilbao. Take a peek? Currently in 2017!

Good luck to you mate, did the same in FM2011 with Getafe and I won Primera Liga in my first season, so it can be done with careful planning and if you can marry tactic and players you're a winner.

I got the league first season i was with bilbao, it the spanish cup i found difficult. A tip for the league, beat all the teams and only lose to reall and barca away. Try buying aduriz from valencia? And arteta from arsenal.

Back