jordyboy2468

Reaction score
is there any way to allow the club to sign non bosque players because its really annoying.

I think on FMRTE you can make players home grown so that might help.

Why do you manage Athletic then? It's a nice challenge using only Basque players.

Why would you want too? That is what make that club a unique fun challenge. If you don't want the restriction, just play as another club... :S

thought they had an pretty decent squad with a couple of outstanding players, i didnt know that you could only sign basque players with them before i started. im 2nd after 7 games so its going well its just i dont know if their are that many good basque players to sign later on.

thought they had an pretty decent squad with a couple of outstanding players, i didnt know that you could only sign basque players with them before i started. im 2nd after 7 games so its going well its just i dont know if their are that many good basque players to sign later on.

Well you really don't need to worry, as you have one of the best youth facilities in the world. Plus in my experience, FM is quite generous on Basque regens, from Bilbao but also from other clubs...

It makes it more challenging and fun! Love playing as Athletic.

There is a few other clubs in Spain who have a similar philosophy.

It makes it more challenging and fun! Love playing as Athletic.

There is a few other clubs in Spain who have a similar philosophy.

Yes, I think Real Sociedad has Basque rule, but I wouldn't know for sure, I haven't played with them. As far as I'm aware they're allowing a number of foreigners, or non-Basque Spaniards, or something like that. A pretty restrictive rule nevertheless...

Last edited:
i think its a great idea because it means that the spanish league will never be dominated by foreigners. great respect for athletic club for using this rule despite it probably putting them at a disadvantage in terms of transfers.

Sociedad played there first "Johnny Foreigner" this season. They restricted their rules to players of Basque heritage who may have been born outside the Basque Borders. Athletic certainly has the strictest set of rules, but do have Llorente (awesome!).

Even with this rule in place, Bilbao have never been relegated, which is pretty impressive.

Last edited:
Sociedad played there first "Johnny Foreigner" this season. They restricted their rules to players of Basque heritage who may have been born outside the Basque Borders. Athletic certainly has the strictest set of rules, but do have Llorente (awesome!).

Amorebieta, Javi Martinez, Iker Muniain, Oscar de Marcos, and the list goes on :)