Sandy_Tait

Reaction score
Atlantis has risen from the depths and formed a 4-tier professional football league!

* 4 divisions: 18 clubs in the top Ypsoloteri Levga, 20 in the Proti Levga, and 22 in the Defteri Levga, with another 36 clubs split across two sub-divisions in the Katoteri Levga.
* The Kypello tis Atlantidas domestic cup, open to all 96 clubs in the league (including the 48 B-teams)
* The annual Poseidona Tropeio super cup, contested by last season's league and cup winners

UPDATE...
14/10 -
* Database version 1.93 uploaded:
* Fixed two cloned players having too high a rep and asking for excessive wages as a result
* Assigned CA and PA values for all players in database so that there's a pool of decent quality players right from the start
* Regen quality increased: will take approx 4 seasons to have a major impact on the game, which reflects Atlanteans getting used to the game of football ;)
* Added managers to most club sides and set CA to make them half-decent; this should fix the issue of too many clubs trying to hire the same people, which was resulting in many of them not having managers for much of the transfer window and thus missing out
* Specific training/youth facility values assigned to all Proti and Defteri sides

12/10 -
* Version 4 (Final) of the graphics pack has been uploaded - the graphics are now finished!

Database (click for link to file)...
* Club details - 2nd Tier 95% completed; 3rd Tier 95% completed
* Media - 50% completed
* Derbies - 5% completed

To do...
* Assign supporter personalities for Proti Liga and Defteri Liga sides
* Assign tactical attributes and preferred formations for Proti Liga and Defteri Liga sides
* Create official club website media sources for all clubs
* Create derbies for major rivalries, such as Atlas vs Athlitikos Poseidonias

Graphics (click for link to file)...
* 100% COMPLETED!!
* Logos and icons for all clubs, competitions, and the national side (57 in total)
* Full set of Home, Away, and Third kits for all clubs and the national side (147 in total)

Thanks go to...
* MarkisAADA - language and media
* Hbg - Feedback and improvent suggestions
* @Salsahavok - my go-to guru for the FM Editor
* @SeriousJase, @JaymesPayten, @AmberyBowey, and @KoosVanDerVos for their interest, encouragement, and play-testing of the database
* And also to everyone who's posted in this thread, either with words of encouragement or an error report :)

Last edited:
Congrats on your hard work but maybe you have to adjust the number of coutries in Europe.
I simmed for 2 years and in the second year the Europa League didn't work. Although this is the beta release, here is a tip for the final version. Cheers

Congrats on your hard work but maybe you have to adjust the number of coutries in Europe.
I simmed for 2 years and in the second year the Europa League didn't work. Although this is the beta release, here is a tip for the final version. Cheers

Thanks, I'll look into that! :)

EDIT: Dropped Luxembourg out; that should fix it.

Last edited:
kudos man for your hard work.... really looking forward to playing with it... once i get my pc fixed...

dude are you Greek?
Brilliant idea!!congratulations
What will be the league's limitations?I mean, will each team have to have a maximum number of foreign players or not?

dude are you Greek?
Brilliant idea!!congratulations
What will be the league's limitations?I mean, will each team have to have a maximum number of foreign players or not?

No, I'm English. I'm just quite practised at using Google Translate ;)

And thank you very much :D

Each team has a limit of 8 foreigners, no more than 3 whom may be non-EU. For the first couple of seasons, this will make competing in continental competitions something of a struggle, but the high quality of Atlantean youth and the clubs' youth systems should balance that fairly quickly. Foreigners playing in Atlantis can apply for dual nationality after five years (cumulative). I've found it's entirely possible to build a side of Barcelona-level quality within 7 seasons, especially if you're at one of the handful of clubs with exceptional youth facilities.

I'm going to try this now, looks very interesting!

Been testing this db out, and i chose the team Triireis. Their nickname gives little meaning. What about Trireme Armada?
Anyhow almost completed 1 season now, and i see some general issues.

1. It seems like atleast to me that only the team Atlas have specifc generated player (I assume you created them). Now seeing how this looks like the superior team. It's fair they have better players, but it creates a problem when the other teams players seems randomly created by the FM generator. This creates a huge gap between the teams.

2. The Atlantis cup seem to ignore the Leagues main rule about non Atlantis players.

3. The Atlantis set population compared to the amount of people attendig the league games is just unlogical. The population is 101K, but yet somehow during gameweek in the top flight divison alone (all games on same day and time) regularly over 210+ people comes out to the games.

4. Ticket prices are extremly low for the leagues reputation. This is a relative big issue, as it gives low income from 30.000 sellout games. Example my Triireis team sells tickets at 15 pound a game compared to say a team like Werder Bremen in a simlair league reputation they make 9 pounds more each ticket.

5. The prize money in the league are quite unfairly constributed the teams that surive will basicly get nothing from the season.

Some suggestions

1. The squad registration should have some added some rule to let U19 players compete without beeing registration. Like in some leagues players under 21 do not apply on the registration sheet.

2. 4 teams get straight up relegated in a 16 team premier league seems rather strange to me. While the 1 divison league have 22 teams, compared to a top flight with 16 teams. Why not even it out with 18 in the premier, and 20 in 1 divison?

Been testing this db out, and i chose the team Triireis. Their nickname gives little meaning. What about Trireme Armada?

I like that! Will change it for the next update ;)

Anyhow almost completed 1 season now, and i see some general issues.

1. It seems like atleast to me that only the team Atlas have specifc generated player (I assume you created them). Now seeing how this looks like the superior team. It's fair they have better players, but it creates a problem when the other teams players seems randomly created by the FM generator. This creates a huge gap between the teams.

2. The Atlantis cup seem to ignore the Leagues main rule about non Atlantis players.

3. The Atlantis set population compared to the amount of people attendig the league games is just unlogical. The population is 101K, but yet somehow during gameweek in the top flight divison alone (all games on same day and time) regularly over 210+ people comes out to the games.

4. Ticket prices are extremly low for the leagues reputation. This is a relative big issue, as it gives low income from 30.000 sellout games. Example my Triireis team sells tickets at 15 pound a game compared to say a team like Werder Bremen in a simlair league reputation they make 9 pounds more each ticket.

5. The prize money in the league are quite unfairly constributed the teams that surive will basicly get nothing from the season.

Some suggestions

1. The squad registration should have some added some rule to let U19 players compete without beeing registration. Like in some leagues players under 21 do not apply on the registration sheet.

2. 4 teams get straight up relegated in a 16 team premier league seems rather strange to me. While the 1 divison league have 22 teams, compared to a top flight with 16 teams. Why not even it out with 18 in the premier, and 20 in 1 divison?

1. Argh! I put those guys in the team for the early stages when I was play-testing, and forgot to take them out again! xD They should all be on a free transfer. Thanks for pointing this out :)

2. Will amend this.

3. Nation population is hardcoded and not something I can change. As Atlantis used to be Kiribati, this means it's a very low population. However, asides from the logical absurdity of match attendance being double the entire nation's population, it shouldn't cause any in-game problems.

4&5. I'll review and increase the ticket prices and prize money.

6. Will check that for the next update.

7. That seems a sensible balance. Will adjust that for the next update.

Thank you for all the feedback, it's hugely appreciated :)

Thank you for all the feedback, it's hugely appreciated :)

Just trying to help out, and thank you for giving me a fresh and exciting save on FM 13 before 14 comes out. Now as you'd probably got the gist off. Im not an experienced FM editor at all. And this is more like an assumption around the population and attendance.

I assume that when you where making the teams and stadiums might have set a minimum attendance value? This is kind of an issue for making the league dynamic, but that's looking on the league in the long run. Now that most clubs are ensured a good attendance despite their sporting results really helps them stay secure in the books. But might also trigger a problem for teams that in normal "fm reality" based on their sporting results, and popularity looking at expanding/making new stadiums. Would say a 50k or 60K stadium in Atlantis sell out, or still hit around their original stadium numbers?

Also nation population wise can't you work around it by disabling/removing the cities in Kiribati, and create new ones? (Might be wrong here)

I assume that when you where making the teams and stadiums might have set a minimum attendance value? This is kind of an issue for making the league dynamic, but that's looking on the league in the long run. Now that most clubs are ensured a good attendance despite their sporting results really helps them stay secure in the books. But might also trigger a problem for teams that in normal "fm reality" based on their sporting results, and popularity looking at expanding/making new stadiums. Would say a 50k or 60K stadium in Atlantis sell out, or still hit around their original stadium numbers?

Also nation population wise can't you work around it by disabling/removing the cities in Kiribati, and create new ones? (Might be wrong here)

Correct - you can set minimum, maximum, and average attendance values. As far as I am aware, these figures are only relevant at the start of a game, and all of them will adjust over time, as the team's reputation, division, etc. all change.

The nation's population is a single value, and it's hard-coded into the game's data - i.e. not something that can be edited by any means. I've deleted the original Kiribati cities and added new Atlantean ones, all with their own population ranges, but the nation population figure doesn't draw from this at all. As far as I can tell, a nation's population has little to no bearing on the game, so while it's kind of annoying that I can't change it, it shouldn't actually matter.

Points 1, 2, and 7 from your previous post have now been amended. Working on 4 & 5, and 6 I'm looking in to because I'm not sure how to do that xD

Another thing i just remembered. It seems like alot of the teams have very high standard for the managers they hire. But because Atlantis cannot supply the need. The answer is to look abroad, and rather few seem interested. For example there are several teams in the top flight that have run a season without a manager, and just an assistent manager. Might be wise to create a few half decent Atlantis managers.

In the top divison only 5 other teams then mine have a managers. Where just 1 is from Atlantis, and he is a regen manager created at 5.4.2013. The other managers are David Moyes, Manuel Pellegrini, Sensol Gunes and Fatih Terim. Rest have their manager posiston vacant.

Anyhow i just won the Atlantiki Ypsiloteri Katigoria and Atlantean Kypello 3-1 over Atlas. The fact that so few where managed defentley made it to easy. Since it not only slowed them down tacticly, but also transfer wise. Some of my players like Thomas Drage had a really easy in Atlantis fotball with 23 goals, 28 assist and recorded 14 motm from 36 games with avg 8.02 rating. Other preformers of my Trireme Armada where Adam Maher got 13 goals and 14 assist over 32 games with 7.54 avg rating. My striker Alberto Bueno did fairly well with 25 goals and 8 assist at 7.59 over 33 games. A good season thanks to a superior coaching staff, and well squad in general.

Really even tho right now the league is quite easy to dominate. They idea of Atlantis league is good, and some tweaks it could be even a bit of a challange, but in the end the real challange will be Champions League. It was really fun during the transfer windows looking for players that was willing to come over. I found that it was easier to get younger projects as I got two note worthy talents in Maher and Espinosa. Also signed some good players in Drage, Milanov and senior defender Ottesen who was quite the rock in the defense alongside Andre Luiz. Also quite happy to sign 3 of the Atlas youths Archigosyios brothers and Neevma.

Also again just a note on the whole ticket sale situation my team just made 2.300.000,. pound on ticket sales over a full champion season. Thats with a attendence % of 96.73. That's just way to low to live if the league is really to develop into the preset reputation it just covers Maher salary. I don't know if ticket prices are dynamic? But if it stays that way it might be an issue.

Last edited:
Are you playing with the game set to add staff to all playable teams? With that option ticked, all clubs should start the game with a new-gen manager.

The "Foreign Manager Likelihood" for Atlantis was set to 1, so I've increased that a bit. Also assigned some of the pre-created staff as having a preference to be managers to ensure there's already a pool available.

Prize money has been restructured - all clubs get a basic payment for playing in the division, and then a merit payment on top of that based on where they finished (as per EPL and several other leagues). The payments have also been quite considerably increased, to bring them in line with the other major leagues of Europe.

Ticket prices are dynamic and are reviewed every season but I suspect they change by a percentage increase and thus if they start low they'll take a long time to pick up. I've adjusted the figures based on the EPL (at the cheaper end), so most ticket prices have double or tripled, which should improve the clubs' financial health somewhat. Proti and Defteri league ticket prices have also been adjusted, in line with English Championship and League One, respectively.

Last edited:
Are you playing with the game set to add staff to all playable teams? With that option ticked, all clubs should start the game with a new-gen manager..

Yes im playing with this on, and the teams all have atleast 1 coach and assist manager. Problem seem to be that the premier teams expected a certain standard, and therefore wont pick up/keep the rahter crappy created managers with low CA from the generator. As I said a new Atlantis regen manager appeared in the end of the season. And this guy just by a quick look on his profile seem to have talent on level with you're avg EPL manager. And therefore by miles the best Atlantis manager current in the game. Even the national manager is at a Blue Square level.

Yes im playing with this on, and the teams all have atleast 1 coach and assist manager. Problem seem to be that the premier teams expected a certain standard, and therefore wont pick up/keep the rahter crappy created managers with low CA from the generator. As I said a new Atlantis regen manager appeared in the end of the season. And this guy just by a quick look on his profile seem to have talent on level with you're avg EPL manager. And therefore by miles the best Atlantis manager current in the game. Even the national manager is at a Blue Square level.

Hmm, puzzling. Afraid I don't know how to improve the quality of newgen staff, other than increasing the nation reputation, but if I put that too high then the national team will have excessive expectations. Boosted it a little bit, to put it as a top 10 European nation.

If anyone knows any other methods of improving newgen/regen staff quality, please tell me! :)

Last edited:
Quick question, is the Kiribati team still in the game or have you wiped them out, wrath of Zues style?
Great idea btw and one I wanted to do by using the pre 1922 Ireland :)

Planning on creating the Falkland Islands myself so that there is a minor nation in souSouth America.

good luck and let us all know when it's finished :)