metalface13

Reaction score
I just discovered Football Manager and completed my first season ever with Atletico Madrid! Yay! I finished 3rd, got knocked out of the European competition in the second knock-out stage to Tottenham and got knocked out of the Spanish Cup by our dreaded rivals Real Madrid. Oh I'm playing on the 11.2 patch even though I thought I had it set to 11.3.

Here are the signings I made:
August transfer window:
Rafeal (Loan) at RB: The fans loved him and he was great all year (when he wasn't injured). I'd really like to be able to sign him full time, we'll see I guess.

Hugo Almeida at ST: Bought him as a back up striker because I thought he'd be quality. He really didn't do much for me all season except be in a really bad mood until the last few games when he started scoring as a substitute.

Dodo at LB: Hot young prospect, didn't get much playing time and now he wants out of the club.

January window:
Luisao in central defense: Wanted to bolster my centerbacks and he came in and made a big difference from the getgo. Great in the air. Good signing. I kind of wish I had gotten David Luiz though. Not regretting though!

Affelay: Wanted more creativity in midfield and Tiago was injured. Great player and very versatile. Got injured and was out the later part of the season though.

Maxi Rodriguez: Liverpool offered him on loan so I said, sure I could use a backup winger. Played very well and was a big hit with the fans. I'm not sure if I want to try and sign him permanently as Simao and Reyes are both kind of old, I'd prefer maybe someone younger?

Signed but yet to start:
Luis Suarez: Tried to sign him in the January window but Ajax wanted to much. But then in February I got a notification that Zenti had an offer accepted for only 5.5 million! So I swooped in with an offer of 8 million and nabbed him. Should arrive in the club in July.

So after all that here is my screen shot. Who should I sell and which areas should I improve? I'd like to see some more creativity in the midfield and a backup winger or too. And definitely a secondary option at RB if Rafael doesn't come through.

View attachment 196715

For the Midfield, since i'm sure Tiago has gone back to his club, You could try and get Guti - Yes i know he's like 34-35 but he will do a really good job for a season or two, he's really cheap and he has a creativity of 20 and passing level of 19-20, so that should bolster your creativeness plus he's at Besiktas and so a move to Atletico Madrid is very appealing. Also he does lack some pace but still does a job. Oh yeah almost forgot, he can be an excellent tutor to your young midfielder prodigies!

As you kind of suggested you definitely need to strengthen your right back spot, if you can get Rafael then thats great! An alternative could be Sime Vrsaljko - young wonderkid with bags of talent.

Would help if you posted your transfer budget too to help us out with price range.

Well I had around 8 million pounds, but spent it all on getting Rafael back. I've got 800K, but the club got bought out and I have no idea how much I'll get for the January window. Ze Roberto is looking like a really good, cheap option.