Atletico Madrid: The real Madrid team

Darklight

Reaction score
175px-Atletico_Madrid_logo.svg.png

Following the departure of fan favourite Abel Resino, the Atletico Madrid board has moved quickly to place rookie manager Tommy Pitman at the helm. Pitman, who enjoyed a playing career which included spells at Aston Villa, Tottenham and the club he now manages, Atletico Madrid, is said to be delighted at the opportunity to lead one of his favourite clubs to success, and has thanked the Atletico board for giving him the opportunity to prove himself as a manager at a club of Atletico Madrid's standing.

Transfer News

Maxi Rodriguez joins Manchester City
Former Atletico Madrid captain has joined Manchester City for £21 million after the English club's bid matched the Argentinians minimum fee release clause. Pitman is said to be unhappy at losing such an important player, but is pleased that the majority of the money received has been made available to spend on new players

Angel Di Maria joins Atletico for £4.8 million
Argentina international Angel Di Maria has joined Atletico Madrid from Benfica. The Argentinian winger was one of a number of targets for Pitman following the sale of Maxi Rodriguez and Di Maria has already said he is delighted to be able to start playing his football at a higher level. Tommy Pitman is expected to use the rest of the money made available by the Rodriguez sale to sign at least one other winger, and to provide more quality and quantity in the full back position

Castro offer accepted
Leverkusen have accepted a £5.5 million offer from Atletico Madrid for young right back Gonzalo Castro. Atletico have offered Castro a contract, but Schalke have also had a loan offer for the versatile youngster accepted, and there is no indication as to which offer the player will choose

Senna deal completed
Marcos Senna has put pen to paper on a 3 year deal worth nearly £45,000 per week after Villarreal accepted an £11.5 million offer for the veteran midfielder. Senna has said he was sad to leave a club so close to his heart, but is looking forward to playing in the Champions League with Atletico

Last edited:
Nice start you got two best strikers in Europe at Atlectico, good layout, always had a soft spot for the club, might need to sort out there defence though

Yeah, the defence is the real problem. At left back, I've pretty much just Antonio Lopez for now, as Pernia is injured for about 5 months, and the right back area is pretty weak. It looked okay in the middle until Perea and Pablo got injured and they're out for a while as well, so now until December at least I've only got Juanito, Ujfalusi and a pretty rubbish centre back/left back called Dominguez. The CM position is pretty weak as well. Camacho is a great prospect, but I'm not sure if he's ready for consistent first team action, and apart from that, Raul Garcia is pretty much the only one I have any real faith in.

On a positive note, Gonzalo Castro joined, so that's the right back position strengthened a bit more :)

Transfer window closed, and I was pleased with what I managed to do, although I am worried about the lack of cover at left back, adn that's something I'll have to try and adress in January, and Simao has been put out for up to 3 months with a torn hamstring which isn't good, as my only other player who can play in that position is Pongolle, although I'm trying to train Reyes to play there as well.
View attachment 15656

The season's started really well, apart from the injuries

Champions League Qualifier 1st Leg
Sporting CP 1-6 Atletico Madrid (Forlan 4, 32, Aguero 21, 58, Di Maria 31, Pongolle 73)
Great game for us to start with. I was expecting a tricky tie when we got drawn against Sporting, but it proved to be anything but. Forlan got us off to a great start and from then on we didn't look like losing or even drawing. Dissapointed to concede a late penalty, but I can't really complain.

Champions League Qualifier 1st Leg
Atletico 0-0 Sporting CP
With the tie effectively won, I decided to rest players like Aguero, Di Maria and Raul Garcia, and while it was slightly disappointing to draw without scoring, the game was pretty much meaningless. Arsenal got knocked out by Fiorentina as well, which was a bit of a shock

Liga BBVA Match 1
Atletico Madrid (Aguero 34, Jurado 49, Di Maria 74(pen), 79) 4-0 Espanyol
Good result to start the league season on. Jurado impressed me, as did Di Maria, and if they could continue to chip in with goals like this then I'd be delighted.

Who is that player you bout from Velez? Could you put up a screenshot please? Good Luck
Btw Bordon from Schalke would make your Defence much more stable. Only costs £4M :)

Looked into buying Bordon, but he's already been snapped up by Lyon. And here's the player you wanted a screenshot of
View attachment 15932

This month's been pretty good, aside from one really disappointing result, and Forlan's been sensational, bagging 7 goals in 4 league games.

Liga BBVA Match 2

Valladolid 2-3 Atletico Madrid (Forlan(2), Aguero)
Thought we were in for a comfortable win when Forlan put us ahead, but the equalised soon after, but Forlan gave us the lead again 20 minutes before half time, and that lasted until late in the game, when Rubio equalised with 3 minutes left. I thought it'd end up as 2 points dropped but Aguero managed to bang in a winner almost straight away. Delighted

Champions League Group H Match 1
Panathinaikos 2-3 Atletico Madrid (Aguero, Senna, Kallstrom)
Went behind twice and when Senna got sent off for a second booking with 15 minutes left, I would've been happy with a point, but Kallstrom managed to get a winner in the 89th minute to secure a win in the first group match. Delighted again

Liga BBVA Match 3
Atletico Madrid (Forlan(3)) 3-0 Tenerife
First half hat-trick from Forlan was enough to see us through. Thought we might go on from there and hopefull get a few more but it wasn't to be. Happy enough with the three points

Liga BBVA Match 4
Almeria 2-0 Atletico Madrid
Really not happy with this result. We didn't perform at all well and probably deserved to lose. Could've been worse as Uche hit the post only a few minutes after he'd got their second. Immediately after, I was worried that our confidence would be knocked and that we might struggle to win again for a while.

Liga BBVA Match 5
Atletico Madrid (Forlan(2), Reyes) 3-0 Mallorca
Glad to pick up after the poor Almeria result and get a comfortable win. Forlan continued his great scoring streak and helped rebuild some of the confidence which could've been lost against Almeria

Champions League Group H Match 2
Atletico Madrid 0-0 AC Milan
Poor performance and we were probably lucky to just get a point. I would've liked 3 points at the Vicente Calderon, and then would've looked to pick up a point at the San Siro, but a point is a decent result against the team that is probably going to be our most difficult in the group.

Red Hot Diego
Diego Forlan has taken all the plaudits in Atletico's storming start to the new La Liga season which has seen them charge into 3rd place, 3 points behind early leaders Valencia with a game in hand. Forlan's hot scoring streak has seen him pick up where he left off last season, as he leads the goal scoring charts, level on 7 goals with Mate Bilic of Sporting, who has played one game more, and 2 goals ahead of Frederic Kanoute of Sevilla. Forlan will be hoping to carry his impressive form into October and keep it going throughout the season as he aims to win the
Pichichi for the second season in a row.

11,5M in marcos senna???? o.0? Gojko Kacar is much better and u pay 7M.

Senna is a good signing try see if he will tutor camacho

Sorry for not updating for a while, had quite a bit of work to do since last time, so not really had much time to play.

October's been a good month, although after the most recent fixture, the injuries are starting to build up.

Liga BBVA Match 6
Atletico Madrid (Forlan) 1-1 Getafe
Disappointing start to the month, and to be honest, we didn't play that well so a draw was probably a fair result. Forlan scored again which was a positive though.

Champions League Group H Match 3
Standard 1-2 Atletico Madrid (Pongolle, Di Maria)
Pleased to win this match, as I don't think we'll be able to beat AC at the San Siro, so it was important for us to beat Standard in this match and then beat them at the Vicente Calderon to give ourselves a good chance of going through. To be honest, we could've scored about 5, but the finishing was wasteful. Got the result though, and that's the main thing

Liga BBVA Match 7
Atletico Madrid (Forlan, Aguero(2)) 3-0 Racing
Good win for us to get against a team that we should be beating. Good to see Aguero scoring twice since he hadn't scored for a while. The win kept us near the top which is important this early in the season

Spanish Cup 4th Round Leg 1
Alcoron 0-3 Atletico Madrid (Forlan (2), Aguero)
Played a weakened side apart from Forlan, Castro and Pongolle, so good to win comfortably in the 1st leg. It'll probably be a similar sort of team which plays them in the home leg with the tie won.

And the final match of October was the big one for us, Barcelona at the Nou Camp. Going into the match I would've been happy with a draw, although Barca were missing quite a few important first team players like Messi, Ibrahimovic and Iniesta. I'll just let the result do the talking now.

Liga BBVA Match 8
View attachment 17013

Aguero and Valera are now out for about 2 weeks, and Antonio Lopez, Simao, Perea and Pernia are still out injured, but hopefully we'll be able to cope until some of them return

Good luck mate, I hope you will check my story too.

Good luck. I have a soft spot for Madrid. I'll be following.

Not sure about the rest of the players you sign. But hey, Maria, Senna, Kallstrom and Otamendi were really good signings! Otamendi would be decent as a backup for CB.. Maria already proven. Senna as strong as ever! Kallstrom never check him before, what i heard from the mates here. He sure is pretty good otherwise you wont loan him =P