Atletico Madrid - Toppling The Giants

IGotThis

Reaction score
For years, there have really been only two teams competing for the La Liga crown. Once in a blue moon, somebody else would win, but ever since the formation of the league, the majority have been won by either Real or Barca. With the introduction of a new manager, will the "lesser Madrid" be able to top the two clubs and become the greatest club in Spanish football?

My name is Martin D'Allesandro. I was born in Canada to Italian immigrants, and now I have the chance to manage the great Atletico Madrid. I have to get started on some things...

"Hello"

"
Hello, is this Mr. Kean?"

"Yes it is, who am I speaking to?"

"This is Mr. D'Allesandro from Atletico, I was calling to enquire about two of your players."

"Who?"

"Steven N'Zonzi and Martin Olsson."

"5.75 million for Steven and 6.5 for Martin."

"That sounds acceptable to me, pleasure doing business with you."

Two signings down, but I still have 6 more in mind...

After signing N'Zonzi and Olssen from Blackburn, I had my sights on another player from a relegated side...

"Hello?"
"Hello, is this Mr. Molina?"
"Yes, who is this?"
This is Mr. D'Allesandro from Atletico and I was calling because I was interested in one of your players. Mateo Musacchio.
"I don't know if I can sell him, he is a key defender."
"You just got relegated, he won't want to stay. He's probably eating up your wages too."
"Okay okay, 6 million."
"3 million."
"Three million! No way. The lowest I will go is 4.2."
"You have yourself a deal Mr. Molina."

After acquiring Musacchio, I was looking to offer on a lesser known player...

"Hello?"

"Mr. Palacios? This is Martin from Atletico Madrid. I want to buy Andile Jali."
"350k."
"You have yourself a deal!"

Well that was easy. But the transfer window isn't finished.

So far I have signed Andile Jali, Steven N'Zonzi, Martin Olsson, and Mateo Musacchio. Now just a couple more and we will be done.

"Hello?"
"Yes, Mr. Semin? This is Martin D'Allesandro from Atletico, calling to inquire about your goalkeeper Maxym Koval."
"Well we would like to keep him, but we are willing to listen to offers."
"How does 7 million sound?"
"Good, but ten million and he's yours."
"You drive a hard bargain, but I'll have to accept that."
"Thanks and goodbye Mr. D'Allesandro."

Well that was a little more than I wanted to pay, but for one of the top goalkeeping prospects, it was necessary. Next I spoke with a Mr. Daniele Rugani.

"Hello?"
"Yes, is this Daniele Rugani?"
"Yes, why?"
"I am from Atletico Madrid and would like to offer you a contract. 8,000 per week with a release clause of 40,000,000."
"Yes of course, it is a dream come true for me!"
"Thanks you Daniele, hope to see you soon."

I then noticed that some players were offered to us. Sime Vrsaljko, Yaya Sanogo, and Mbaye Niang. These were all great players for the future, so I told my assistant to make sure that we sign them, and we did. We signed Sime for 3 million, Niang for 2.5 million, and we loaned Yaya for the season with an option to buy him at the end for 2.5 million. I though that was the end of our transfer window, but Arsenal made an offer of 10 million for Filipe. I accepted, and soon he was off to London.

With all of our transfers for the season out of the way, now I can focus on the preseason and the season ahead.

For years, there have really been only two teams competing for the La Liga crown. Once in a blue moon, somebody else would win, but ever since the formation of the league, the majority have been won by either Real or Barca. With the introduction of a new manager, will the "lesser Madrid" be able to top the two clubs and become the greatest club in Spanish football?

Well for an intro to a story this one is pretty poor. Should have the reason of the former manager reasons for quitting/ chairman's reasons for axing him. Also should include pictures for a healthy story thread to keep people interested. If I was you I'd dp updates in monthly installments so people won' keep bored of a one match/ transfer as soon as they have been completed but all in one go Transfers - Price - then a picture from the internet of him in action or something then the matches - Results - Goal Scorers Picture of the Man Of The Match under the result then after you've done the monthly results have a screenshot of the fixtures you've played in that month so people can see it in the game.

Another thing is to have a Screenshot(s) of your best players during that month you've played e.g. Falcao scored 5 goals in 3 games so he will be one of the top performers of the months should have a screenshot of him then Assister's and may be good idea to have a screetshot of the Table, League Stat's and Player's Stat's. Also the Champions League Stat's/ Player Stat's.

Should also keep the writing all the same size to make it neater.

Here's a couple of thread that may help:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/88002-story-help-advice-thread.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/88394-brief-story-rules.html