Chriller95

Reaction score
Hey guys.

So, Atletico Madrid could be seen a a great challenge, to knock Real and Barca off their permanent thrones of spanish football. However, before this year they were greatly in debts, which they still are, but then the second richest man of china bought a 20% of the club. This year in real life they have struggled, coming in at number three, and barely missing out on Champions League semi-finals to Barca, after beating Real Madrid in the quarters.

Have you played as Atletico Madrid in FM15, and managed to become a club at the size of Barca and Real? And how do you think Atletico will look like in FM16, or a custom database, in the next season?

Hey guys.

So, Atletico Madrid could be seen a a great challenge, to knock Real and Barca off their permanent thrones of spanish football. However, before this year they were greatly in debts, which they still are, but then the second richest man of china bought a 20% of the club. This year in real life they have struggled, coming in at number three, and barely missing out on Champions League semi-finals to Barca, after beating Real Madrid in the quarters.

Have you played as Atletico Madrid in FM15, and managed to become a club at the size of Barca and Real? And how do you think Atletico will look like in FM16, or a custom database, in the next season?

Theyve got a decent squad, and with one or two signings and the right tactic you can win the league.

The keepers and the CBs I've found to be good enough, likewise Juanfran. Jesus Gamez was pretty poor and I struggled at LB.

in midfield, you lack a good quality RW. Koke was unbelievable for me as a WP and won player of the year out there, but I'd be inclined to sign someone. CMs are all good quality, except Tiago always seems to want to leave to Portugal. Turan is very good, as is Griezmann and Correa has lots of potential.

Up front is where the team lacks. Mandzuckic was top scorer for me in the La Liga, but we always lacked depth up front.

I played Atletico but in 2016/17 season, with Defour, Sneijder, Ruben Garcia, Thiago Motta and Georgi Kitanov already in, and Tiago out. It was a real challenge, not because they were weak, but because they were easily complacent and reacted poorly at being called out for it. Godín played miserably (for his standards), Oblak was leaky enough (not entirely his fault), Griezzmann was my main pain in the ***, as he would send, out of 10 shots, 11 to the stands. Turan stayed half a season with several injuries, which usually forced me to play either Juanfran, Oliver Torres, or Koke on the right wing. Mandzukic was lethal in the first half, but in the second he scored like 2 goals, which again forced me to buy a striker (Harry Kane), and he delivered for me (almost 1:1 goal per match ratio). Lost both matches with Madrid (which they eventually won the league by a million points ahead and no losses), tied and won against Barça (an unlucky tie and a lucky win). I wouldn't recomend, but I'm not exactly a pro at this thing.