parsfan37

Reaction score
I am currently doing a save with League 1 Rochdale, my tactic is the normal back 4, with centre backs set to the stopper role and full backs set to automatic role. I then play with 1 defensive midfielder, who acts as an anchor man, then there is one central midfielder who plays as a ball winning midfielder and 2 inside forwards, a poacher and a target man. The tactic works really well due to the short passing method of the team, the through balls done by the attackers and the wingers swapping wings. Match preparation is set to high and attacking movement is the focus. I plan to change the focus every 2 months, so the team is good in every area, I'm planning on changing it to defensive positioning next. As you can see with the screenshots of the fixtures I am achieving good results with a newly promoted Rochdale team in League 1 and I am averaging approximately 3 goals a game. The goals I have conceded are mainly from set pieces, so if I could sort out or improve this issue the tactic would be achieving even better results. Feel free to test the tactic and tell me what you think and suggest any possible improvements. Thank you very much!

you know when you pick your team, do you auto pick or pick your team yourself?

great little tactic, m8 might team is hitting 4-6 goals a game with this..

Yh tweaked the set pieces, my CB has 8 in 18... use pace into space and work ball into the box for some great spread passes runs and awesome counter attacking goals as well.. bumped up to baout 6 goals a game now.. jsut beat the team in 2nd 7-0 to go 11 points clear..

cufc2010 - I generally pick my own team, but I suppose it wouldn't do too much harm to get your assistant to pick the team. Advice I would give you for picking your team is pick centre backs who have the best combination of strength, heading, marking, jumping, tackling and pace, use that for method for your full backs as well, plus passing is crucial for the full backs and crossing. For the defensive midfielder, tackling, passing, strength and pace are the most important attributes. For the central midfielder, passing, tackling and decisions are important. For the wingers I'd pick the people who have the best combination of crossing, pace, passing, finishing, decisions and composure. Use those attributes for the strikers as well.

Motorola - those results are amazing, you would of been top of the league if it wasn't for the points deduction!

wkdsoul - I quickly tried your shouts and they've made the tactic even better, thanks for your help!

Right I started a game save with Berwick to test the adjustments I've made to the tactic and got 2 consecutive promotions in a row, won virtually every game with the adjustments I've made.
The first tactic I've uploaded is the 2nd version which has been really successful as you can see in the fixtures screenshot and is scoring a lot of goals as well. The 3rd version, is a work in progress, it's definitely cut down on the goals I'm conceding and is still scoring a lot of goals as well.
I've managed to cut down on the goals conceded from set pieces.
I've made both the strikers into target men and changed the goalkeeper into a sweeper keeper on defend role.
For shouts use pass ball into space and work ball into box.
For training I would recommend downloading raikans schedules, they increase the stats really well.

my team were conceding when the oppositions counter-attacking.. (-_-) .. how to prevent the conceding goals ? :'(

I would suggest marking the oppositions teams wingers at all times and showing them onto their weaker foot, I would also recommend doing the same for their central midfielders, this mean they will struggle to create as many chances and you should concede less goals, your players stamina will of course reduce due to this. Another method I would suggest is getting rid of one of the strikers and play another defensive midfielder instead.

Whats the difference between a striker trequartist and an AMC Trequartest? its the one role i never properly understood

Scoring goals for fun using this tactic, top job! First 3 League games - For 12, Against 2!