Jaggro

Reaction score
Ok so I'm having serious problems scoring goals without world class players on this years FM. I'm currently starting out in my 4th season as Hull, with Rhodes, A. Hernandez and Mitrovic as my 3 strikers.

I'd say in 2/3 or 3/5 games, this is what I get:

Assistant - "Despite the scoreline, statistics suggest we are in control of the match, keeping possession of the ball and passing well but not getting our shots on target."

"Our passes, in general, are connecting very well."

Possession - 60%+

Shots 3x the amount of the opposition+

Analysis shows majority of shots are not from long range

Training set to Attacking and Attacking Movement

4 star Attacking coach, 4.5 star Shooting coach.

Regularly hit the bar on 3-5 occasions in one game.

Despite all of this, after occasional runs of form, I go on a humongous run of games where I rarely score.

Statistically and analytically it doesn't seem like I could have better tactics - what's going wrong?

I'm not a newbie to FM, I've played since CM03-04, but I've really struggled this year. Once my first successful tactic is "found out", it's just impossible for me to recover. I can have short promising runs with a new tactic and then get smashed in the next game, out of nowhere. After that I can't regroup for another 10-15 games and my season is ruined.

I'm finding it impossible to progress with Hull or sides of similar stature and have lost 7-1 twice this save, including one to Newcastle at home.

You mention stats, but what about the actual games? Good chances?

Training Attacking only trains attacking attributes and the coaches do not matter when it comes to matches.

If you're losing 7-1, you're simply way too attacking. Tactics don't get "found out" though. That's just a myth.

Overall though, it's guess work if you don't post the complete tactic.