Reaction score
I'm coming up on January and everything is running very smoothly, actualy way better than I'd imagined. I'm currently lying in top spot, a point above United and having played a match less. I'm out of the Carling Cup due to rotating, ofc still in the FA Cup and have qualified to the KO stages of EL as group winner. I bought Demba Ba and Dzagoev in the sommer, signed Kolarov on loan with option to buy for around 12 mil and got Zanetti and Hitzlsperger as free agents (just for some much-needed depth). I don't really have that much to spend yet, but I'll offload Glen Johnson and possibly Joe Cole, Steward Downing, Jose Enrique and Jordan Henderson if the right offers come in.

I play a 4-3-3 system, similar to the one of Barcelona. Sometimes I change into a more attack-minded formation with the holding midfielder shifting to attacking midfielder. This is my most usual line-up:
Ba
Sterling Suarez
Joe Allen/Alan Dzagoev/Gerrard/Nuri Sahin/Jonjo Shelvey
Lucas
Kolarov-D.Agger-Skrtel-Kelly
Reina

So have any of you tried something similar to this with the same succes as I have, and who should I buy as a class AM? Should be someone who scores around 10 goals a season, can create chances on his own and assist the two wings, while not being too costly. I'm thinking about going for Llorente on a free as well, but I think it would only cause problems in my squad, in which I already have a classy Borini on the bench, who scores for fun. Are there any other suggestions which could help me keep my lead?
YNWA

PS: Did any of you have succes with playing Sahin? He is horrible at times for me, don't know why.

Isco from Malaga would be my favourite choice for AMC. attacking stats are first class, only problem is he may have moved clubs already. Shouldn't have if you are only a half season into the game, he will cost you the full 17.5m of his release though. other options could be Willian from Shaktar, maybe Herrera from Bilbao? I highly suggest wellington nem for his release of 3.5m always turns into a great player and is extreme value for the price.

As far as Llorente, you would either have to change your formation or move on another striker if you sign him, plus he has massive wage demands, but if you do, you get one of the best strikers in the game who should bang the goals in no problem, and form quite the spanish duo with Isco ;).

My only other advice is depending on how you finish the season and what the board gives you, if you have the money make sure to sign Sahin in full before he gets back to madrid. should cost around 17m after negotiating and all that. he is a brilliant playmaker and I just missed out on my chance in my save and he is lighting it up in Spain.

Well, January transfer market is closed now, and this is what I got: Herrera (because he can play right winger as well), Hleb on a free, Boka (LB) from VfB Stuttgart, Tello on loan from Barca with a release clause of just above 10mil (great deal IMO, he has already scored on his debut in a 1-0 win against Aston Villa, FA Cup fourth round). I got rid of Henderson, Hitzlsperger and Kolarov (I stopped the loan, too heavy on wages and Enrique got his place back in the end). I am currently sitting VERY heavy on the first place in PL, 14 points above United and 17 above City!

I decided against going for Llorente, since he would ruin the balance of my squad and only really needed someone until Ba was back, he is amazing! Borini is covering for me atm, has scored 7 (!) goals in 5 games.

I'd recommend everyone in need of a striker who can perform several roles to get Ba. He is so cheap and performs/scores goals every game. 11 goals in 13 PL starts here... Milan tried to nick Skrtel from me with a ****** offer of 14mil, gotta laugh hard!

Borini is class, he is one of my leading scorers into the 3rd season as he has really started to grow, I rotate him with Suarez and Mattia Destro (got him on a free 2nd season, highly highly recommend him if you can get him for free or cheap.) I've brought Borini off the bench in a lot of games but he seems to score more when he starts, especially next to Destro.

Tello is great at inside forward, i actually got him as well on a free 2nd season, played well for me but i loaned him out to zaragoza as I changed formations this season but i don't want to get rid of him.

Herrera should be a great buy for you as well! I love injecting a little spanish blood into the team, keep up with the spanish speakers already there XD

borini is very good for me at lam or ram. look at willian as someone has mentioned and also look at otavio for internacional in brazil! there is a thread on him in the wonderkids section. wellington nem is best playter in game for his price tag imo.

For Am you have to look into Wilshere. He's great and English,which is quite the plus for me.

It probably appeared in the similar threads,I just read it and answered.