Attacking possession by Raikan007 (beta testing)

Raikan007

Reaction score
ok, for the past week I have been developing a new possession tactic using the modern TC...

I have come up with this so far and was wondering if anyone wanted to test it out either on Fm12 or Fm13 (the plan is to release it for Fm13 when I get my copy on release day and make the necessary changes to it on Fm13)

It is working really well so far, even for Southampton who I designed it for.. I am sitting in 6th position with them having only used the possession tactic at home and away :)

I will load up the game if you want to see more results from Southampton and who I bought etc :) just let me know and I will post them up!

I uploaded one of my older Santos saves as I love Brazilian football and it is working wonders there....

Attacking possession by Raikan007
(click the heading for download link)

Formation:

View attachment 279711

Shouts:

View attachment 279710

Pitch size: standard
Opp instructions: show all players except defenders onto weaker foot and close down
PPM's: Central CM needs: Dictates tempo/plays short simple passes

Important note:

When you first import the tactic, change the philosophy to BALANCED then to FLUID once the tactic is fluid!
Please give the tactic at least 15 games to settle in and gel with players...
You need very good fullbacks, the better they are the better the tactic will work!

Match results:
(mixed teams, forget the Barca one, it was just for fun for ONE game)

View attachment 279725View attachment 279726View attachment 279727View attachment 279728View attachment 279729View attachment 279730View attachment 279731View attachment 279732View attachment 279733View attachment 279724View attachment 279723View attachment 279722View attachment 279734View attachment 279721View attachment 279714View attachment 279715View attachment 279716View attachment 279717View attachment 279718View attachment 279719View attachment 279720

Last edited:
increasing the tempo can also help in creating more key passes :)

Hey, would love to see SS from your Southampton save. Living in Southampton and its hard to see them struggle in the Prem would love to see how have done with the team.

Thanks in advance

I might try to implement this in my Shrewsbury save. Although I am not sure if i should change a winning formula. Using a tweaked version of your CCC heaven tactic and am unbeaten in league two just going into January!!!

Hey, would love to see SS from your Southampton save. Living in Southampton and its hard to see them struggle in the Prem would love to see how have done with the team.

Thanks in advance

hey bud, this is still FM12 on LFC's update!

I have only used this possession tactic home and away! (except for the 7:0 friendly win)

not doing too badly I must admit! bought some good players as well, I was looking for certain PPM's for the players I bought (first time I have EVER bough Quintero as well...)

View attachment 279793View attachment 279794View attachment 279795View attachment 279796View attachment 279797

Interested about the passing down the flanks. Is that just to counter-act the narrowness and clustering of players in the center?

Interested about the passing down the flanks. Is that just to counter-act the narrowness and clustering of players in the center?

I think I set passing to pass down both flanks on the uploaded version trying to use the whole pitch which would help stretch the defence and making more space for the striker and central attacking mids to attack :)

I think I set passing to pass down both flanks on the uploaded version trying to use the whole pitch which would help stretch the defence and making more space for the striker and central attacking mids to attack :)

If you had wingers would you expect to keep passing equal across the field?

In my 4-2-3-1 I'm finding most passes coming from my wing backs, and been considering passing through the centre to try and balance it out a bit.

If you had wingers would you expect to keep passing equal across the field?

In my 4-2-3-1 I'm finding most passes coming from my wing backs, and been considering passing through the centre to try and balance it out a bit.
yeah try that mate, but.. fullbacks/wingbacks passing is pretty much unavoidable in Fm at the moment :) so just get used to it

yeah try that mate, but.. fullbacks/wingbacks passing is pretty much unavoidable in Fm at the moment :) so just get used to it

Part of the reason I havent created any threads for FM13 yet, waiting till the 2nd. Updates and fixes to the will massively changes things.

will this tactic work for me in the blue square premier do you think?

I tried using this tac in FM13 as Man Utd, it's close to fluid, but I'm still losing stupidly. I had 77% possession, 13 shots (6 on target). Chesterfield (Captial One Cup) had 23% possession, 3 shots (2 on target)....I lost 2-0 :/ Then I reloaded the game as used the "standard" 4-2-3-1 Asymetric tacs, I won 5-0.

I'm using the Opposition Instructions + Shouts, put it on Balanced + Attacking.

What am I doing wrong???

I tried using this tac in FM13 as Man Utd, it's close to fluid, but I'm still losing stupidly. I had 77% possession, 13 shots (6 on target). Chesterfield (Captial One Cup) had 23% possession, 3 shots (2 on target)....I lost 2-0 :/ Then I reloaded the game as used the "standard" 4-2-3-1 Asymetric tacs, I won 5-0.

I'm using the Opposition Instructions + Shouts, put it on Balanced + Attacking.

What am I doing wrong???

nothing mate :) its the game etc.. so dont stress, plus the tactic is for Fm12 and is not a complete proper release :)

while this formation will enable you to have possession, you will have very few clear cut chances, its obvious this tactic was built just for possession, giving the am and DLP more creativity would help you, also make sure your poacher doesn't have any other task to do than running in behind the defence