05aleer

Reaction score
My team really seem to struggle with attacking even though i have some really great attackers we always have 60% possession or more in games but my team seem to get the ball and just pass between each other around 30-40 yards out even when one of my strikers is making a run straight through their defence and all it requires my midfield is put the bal 3 yards ahead of him they just pass backwards and we never get anywhere then when the opposition do eventually get the ball back they counter and end up winning with 1 goal from one shot this i could take if we hadnt had 10 shots ourselves and although i have checked where the shots are coming from and most of the time they are outside of the box i have told my team not to take long shots but they still do. I was wondering if anyone else had ever experienced the same problems and if so is there anyway i can fix it.

the large amount of long shots i think is down to there being not enough options for the player with the ball so he just unleashes it. obviously if he has the ppm shoots from distance then this is going to increase the likelihood to hit it. i had the same problem so i changed the long shots for almost every player to rarely. i also changed the run from deep instructions and tge through ball settings to increase player movement. i also encouraged more roaming.

You could also make the players passing more direct to take advantage of the runs