Attempting To Be Top Dog : Man City Story

Reaction score
Game Database : Version 1.3
Database Size : Large
Game Start Date : July 2009
Leagues Selected : Premier Division, Coca Cola Championship, Coca Cola League 1

Updated Will Be Made Monthly After Pre Season Is Done.

My Goal Scorers Will Be In Red & Who Ever Im Playing In Green

Manchester City Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarek has appointed former Scotland international Kevin MacKenzie as new manager stating that the club are looking to take a giant leap forward and attempt to win the league. Mr Al Mubarek has also told MacKenzie that he can rely on the full backing of the board. MacKenzie has been offered a deal untill June 2011 worth 190k p/w.

New Boss MacKenzie has stated that he has set his sights on challenging for for the title in his first year as boss. With this Chairman Mr Al Mubarek has given MacKenzie a healthy £73m transfer budget and 2.3m p/w for wages with 1.6m p/w already been used.

Press Confernce :
Reason : New Job

Journalist : You sit here today as new Manchester City manager, is this your dream job ?
MacKenzie : I am pleased to have the chance to work here, It's such a well supported club.

Journalist : Would you agree with the assessment that you already have an idea of which players you like and those you arnt so happy with ?
MacKenzie : I have a good idea of who is and who isnt in my plans.

Journalist : In that case, are we likely to see you delve into the transfer market soon?
MacKenzie : I have a welth of targets in mind, yes.

Players In :

Andre-Pierre Gignac - 9.3m From Toulouse
Mladen Petric - 11.5m From HSV
Akwasi Asante - Youth Contract From Birmingham
Danny Wilson - 2.6m From Rangers
David Ospina - 11.5m From OGC Nice
Carlos Lazaro - 550k From Real Vallalodid
Sergi Kryvstov - 2.8m
From Metalurg Zp
James Rodriguez - 2m From Banfield
Dudu - 6m From Cruizero ( Transfer 7th Jan 2010 )

Players Out :

Ben Mee - 6 Month Loan > Preston
Martin Petrov - £3m > Athletico Madrid

Staff In :

Franco Baldini - Assisstant Manager
Marco Rota - Youth Coach

Staff Out :

Brian Kidd
Neil Roberts
Craig Yuill
Jamie Murphy
James Baldwin
Lee Nobes

Preseason Friendlys :

Manchester City 1-0 Manchester City Reserves : Wright-Phillips
Al Jazeera (UAE) 0-1 Manchester City - Adebayor
Oldham 0-4 Manchster City - Petric, Bellamy, Toure, Bridge
Puertollano 0-4 Manchester City - Onuoha, A Johnson, Adebayor, Ireland
Zamora 1-6 Manchester City - Goni - Viera, Ireland, Tevez, Adebayor, Lescott, Petric
Mallorca 2-2 Manchester City - Aduriz, Victor - Tevez(2)
Real Madrid 0-0 Manchester City

League Game Results :

Manchester City 3-0 West Ham - Adebayor, Tevez , Petric
Manchester City 1-0 Wigan - A Johnson
Stoke 1-0 Manchester City - Tuncay
Manchester City 5-0 Derby County - Wilson, Gignac, Petric(3)
Arsenal 2-2 Manchester City - Blaszczykowski, Eboue - Adebayor(2)

Cup Draws :

Manchester City V Derby Count - League Cup 2nd Round.
Manchester City V Manchester United - League Cup 3rd Round

Awards For August :

Micah Richards - Young Player Of Month

Carlos Tevez Comes in 3rd Place For Goal Of Month With A Header Against West Ham.

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

away to bed :) will continue this tomorrow :D with a september update guarenteed probably more aswell.

You signed Akwasi! ^^)

A few years in him and Jake Jervis rape the reserve league ;)

Good luck by the way.

You signed Akwasi! ^^)

A few years in him and Jake Jervis rape the reserve league ;)

Good luck by the way.

i was mucking about with a birmingham save yesterday and im sure arsenal tryed to buy him on a youth contract so i offered a new contract to him :p so i thought what the **** ill buy him for city.. maybe better youth coachs he could turn out amazing considering hes only 16.. he played 20 mins of the derby game.. ratin was 6.7 i think

good luck, as a fellow city fan i will follow

tuncay scored after 16 seconds in that game.. i was on an attack with tevez then all of a sudden tuncay scored lol.. i just played awful

---------- Post added at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 AM ----------

im offftty bed.. will continue this tomorrow

September Update :

Staff In :

Joop Hiele
Ricardo Moniz
Gianpierro Vertrone
Valter Di Salvo

________________________________________________________________________________

Game Results :

Manchester City 1-0 Blackburn - Petric
Fulham 1-2 Manchester City - Konchesky - Adebayor(2)
Manchester City 1-1 Manchester United - Adebayor - Rooney - Manchester United Won 3-1 After Pens
Wolves 1-2 Manchester City - Craddock - Rodriquez, Tevez

Awards for September :

Micah Richards Comes In 2nd For Young Player Of Month Behind Denilson.

I Come In 2nd for Manager Of The Month Behind Rafa Benitez.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Training Report :

Jeremy Helan Improves In Marking & His Composure.

September Summary :

3 League Wins Out Of 3 In September Leaves Me In 4th Place With 16 Points With Man United Top Of League With 19 Points.

Emmanuel Adebayor Is 5th In The Top Scorers Leaderboard With 5 League Goals In 7 Games & Is Joint Top With Man Of The Match Awards With Fernando Torres & Didier Drogba With 3 Man Of The Match Performances.

The Club Have Recored A £9.31m Loss This Month. With The Main Expenditure £7.15m On Players Wages.

__________________________________________________________________________________

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

October Update :

Game Results :

Birmingham City 0-1 Manchester City - Adebayor
Manchester City 1-1 Liverpool - Wright-Phillips - Torres, Torosidis SentOff
Manchester City 1-0 Portsmouth - Wright-Phillips

_________________________________________________________________________________

Awards For October :

Micah Richards Comes In 2nd Place For Young Player Of The Month Behind Denilson Again.

Training Report :

Shaun Wright-Phillips Trains Well In Tactics
David Ospina Improves His Stamina
David Ball Improves Set Pieces

Month Summary :

2 Wins & A Draw Leaves Me 5th In The League With 23 Points The Same As Arsenal And Liverpool Who Are In 3rd & 4th Place Which I Have A Game Less Played . Chelsea End The Month Top Of The League with 27 Points But United Have a Game In Hand With 25 Points.

Emmanuel Adebayor Missed 2 Of The Games This Month With A Fractured Arm While On International Duty With Togo. He Scored the Decisive Goal Against Birmingham This Month.

Adebayor Is 4th In The Leading Scorers Chart With 6 Goals Behind Torres, Drogba & Rooney. Torres Leads The Chart With 13 Goals Already This Season.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Finance Summary :

A Loss Of £8.75m This Month With The Main Expenditure Players Wages With £7.15m.

The Board Also Added £8.75m To My Transfer Budget Which Is Now £37.5m.

Doing well mate keepr it up. Maybe adding some screenshots and posting your thoughts on each match would improve it a little though? ;) (H)

i was gonna say can you post up screenshots Nice may out best of luck good buys you made.

Doing well mate keepr it up. Maybe adding some screenshots and posting your thoughts on each match would improve it a little though? ;) (H)

im planning on doing it just my laptops not the best and it freezes even when im updating my save on this.. ill try it starting from the november update :) and ill try comment on games

made a couple signings this month which obviously wont go through too january. youll have to wait and see who.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

November Update :

Game Results :

Sunderland 1-1 Manchester City - Jones - Hutton SentOff - Petric - De Jong SentOff
Poor Performance All Round. Tevez Who Has Been Poor So Far Picking Up MOTM Award.

Manchester City 3-0 Hull City - Bridge, Johnson, Adebayor - Hunt Sent Off For Hull
Good Performance, Particulary By Adebayor Who Has Been Brilliant all Season.

Burnley 0-1 Manchester City - McCan Sent Off For Burnley - Adebayor
Terrible Performance, Adebayor Again The Saviour.

Manchester City 3-0 Tottenham Hotspur - Toure, Wright-Phillips, Gignac - Woodgate SentOff For Spurs
Good Game. It Helped With Woodgate Sent Off Midway Through First Half, But None The Less Team Played Good.

Awards For November :

Micah Richards Wins Young Player Of The Month.

I Come In 3rd Place For Manager Of The Month Behind Ferguson & Benitez.

Training Report :

Sergi Kryvstov Improving In Alot Of Areas. Could Be Making The First Team Soon.

________________________________________________________________________________

Finances :

Loss Of £10.7m For This Month With Wages Costing £8.84m This Month.

Month Summary :

I Finnish the Month In 2nd Place With 33 Points Behind Manchester United Who Are on 34 Points. With 1 Game In Hand.

Adebayor Slips to 7th In The Leading Scorers With 8 Goals. With Torres Leading With 17 Goals.

Carlos Tevez Is Leading Assiter With 7 Goals, Which Makes Up For the Lack Of Goals From The Striker.

I Currently Have The Best Form In The League Haven Only Lost 1 Game This Season Against Stoke.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

will continue this tonight when im back in :)

So many sending offs :O

i was thinking the same. i was already in controll of all games apart from the tottenham game before the sending offs.

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:30 PM ----------

December Update :

Game Results :

Bolton 0-1 Manchester City - Sean Davis Sent Off - Wright-Phillips
Another Poor Performance, Wright-Phillips Has Been Great All Season But Still Isnt Been Picked For England. Its Now 5 Games In A Row Somebodys Been Sent Off Against Me.

Everton 1-2 Manchester City - Fellaini - Tevez, Kompany
Yet Another Poor Performance But Kompany Coming Up With The goods In The 89th Min. Happy With The Teams Spirit Coming From A Goal Behind Though. Young Lazaro Getting MOTM, Keeping De Jong On The Bench.

Manchester City 0-2 Chelsea - Luis Suarez(2)
Another Terrible Performance, Will Be Looking To Change Alot In My Next Game, Tactis & Players.
Adebayor Has Terrible Heading ability, 6 Headers On Goal All Terribly Missed. May Need To Bring In A
New Left Midfielder Adam Johnson Isnt Very Good & James Rodriquez Is Still Too Young. This Is My First Lose In 14 Games.

Manchester City 2-1 Manchester United - Wright-Phillips, Tevez - Berbatov
Great Result, New 4-5-1 Formation With Tevez Lone Striker Worked Pretty Well & 2 Defensive Mids, De Jong & Kompany Helped Me Keep Possession A Bit. & Young Lazaro Played Amazing Again With The 2 Assists. Christmas Came 5 Days Early.

Aston Villa 2-2 Manchester City
- Davies, Delfouneso - Tevez, Gignac
Another Terrible Defencive Performance, Gignac Super Sub On 15 Seconds And Managed To Level The Scores At a Time When Villa Were Dominating. Some Changes Will Need To Be Made In Defence With Zabaleta & Richards Only Defenders PLaying Decent. Kryvstov Possibly Starting Next Game.

Wigan 0-1 Manchester City - Bellamy
Decent First Half Performance, Second Half Wigan Were So Much Better But Richards Helped With A MOTM Performance. Carlos Lazaro Yet Again With A Craking Performance, Seems To Be The Only Consistant Player At The Moment.

Manchester City 2-1 Stoke -
Gignac, Tevez - Sidibe
Tevez Came On And Made The Difference In The End. Alot Of Poor Performances And Fitness Problems As It Was The 3rd Game In 4 Days.

December Summary :

Finnish The Year Top Of The League 3 Points Above Liverpool And 5 Above United But They Have 3 Games In Hand.

None Of My Players Are In The Leading Scorers Charts But Tevez Is Joint Top Of The Assists Leader Board With Maxi Rodriquez With 8 Assits Each.

Awards For December :

I Came In 3rd Place For Manager Of The Month Behind Redknapp & Zola.

Finance Summary :

A Loss of £9.25m With The Main Expenditure Of £7.15m On Wages. The Loss Of Money Rapidly Shows How Much Champions League Football Would Help & Maybe Offload A Couple High Paid Players That Arn't In My Plans.

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

January Update :

Game Results :

Manchester City 4-0 Stevenage - Wilson, Ireland(2), Bellamy - Rodriquez Missed Pen
Letting The Players Who Dont Regulary Play Have A Game, Good Performance Even Though It Was Against Stevenage Created Loads Of Chances And Didnt Even Let Them Have One Shot On Goal.

West Ham 2-2 Manchester City - Diamanti, Cole - Tevez, Bellamy
Ridiculous Performance, Enough Said.

Manchester City 0-4 Arsernal - Gallas, Van Persie(2), Arshavin
Worst Performance Of The Season. Whole team Was Dire. Going To Have To Rethink The Tactics Again.

Manchester City 2-0 Stockport - Dudu, Turan
Not The Best Performance Considering The First Team PLayed. Didnt Want A Cup Upset. New Boys Dudu & Turan With Two Second Half Goals Secured the Victory

Blackburn 1-2 Manchester City - Pedersen - Wright-Phillips, Adebayor
90th Minute Winner From Adebayor Buts A Shine On Yet Another Poor Performance.

Liverpool 2-0 Manchester City - Bable, Skrtel
Not A Thing I Can Say About this Performance. One Of the Worst Yet. Too Many Terrible Performances This Season. Still Managing To Be In 2nd Place Just Now Is A Miracle Im Not Battling Relegation.
Too Many Lucky Victories With One Goal In It.

Players In :

Jonjo Shelvey - £2.5m From Charlton
Nicolas Otamendi - £5.5m From Velez
Arda Turan - £15.25m From Galatasary

Players Out :

Patrick Viera - £1m > Sunderland
Andre-Pierre Gignac - £9.5m > Barcelona
Roque Santa Cruz - £4m > Atheltico Madrid
Adam Johnson - £6m > Ac Milan
Michael Johnson - £2.5m > Fc Koln
Stephen Ireland - Loan Move > Fiorentina With View To Transfer

Cup Draws :

Manchester City V Stockport County - FA Cup 4th Round
Cardiff City V Manchester City - FA Cup 5th Round

Finances Summary :

Record Loss Of £19m, Caused By £29.5m On Player Bought But Some Of this Was Recouperated With Player Sales Of £23m.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Training Report :

Carlos Lazaro Improves In Defencive Duties

Micah Richards Improves His Decicions, Anticipation & Influence

Jeremy Helans First Touch & Heading Improves

___________________________________________________________________________________

Monthly Summary :

Horrible Performances This Month But End It In 2nd Place 1 Points Above Chelsea & 2 Above United Who Have 2 Games In Hand.
Strikers Have Been The Cause Of Many Bad Results As Chances Are Created But Arnt Finnished.
Defence Have Been Terrible.

Headlines :

Manchester City Board Say They Are Putting Money Into Improving Training & Youth Facilities.

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 AM ----------

Away To Bed :) Will Continue This Tomorrow Hopefully Finnish The Season In Better Form :)
All Comments Welcome

you cant keep changing tactic's mate, the players will not adapt so easily. why did you sold gignac and adam johnson?

i play the same formation for about 4/5 games and if performances are poor i change them. gignac didnt really setttle and barcelona were wanting him and i needed to recouperate some of the money i spent & johnson has been awful all season.

unlucky with some of the performances pal, just make a tactic around your players not one to fit your players in, i always find that helpful, and adjusting the tempo it may help. i think you need 4,2,3,1 with the likes of bellamy on aml, teves amc, and wright phillps amr and aba st, could help alot.