l33tshane

Reaction score
i'm birmingham and am just entering the fourth season. so far i've managed to secure the signings of some very good young players who have improved alot since joining me.
in my third season i won the league cup and finished third in the EPL, therefore auto qualifying for champs league.
but all of my good signings are getting restless and want to move 'to a bigger club', i'm also struggling to attract better players than i could when i first took over the club.

does the rep of your club not improve dramatically if you quality for champs league?
i've got guys like validivia (sp?), geromel, fred, kadlec and phil jones all wanting to leave me.

I'm managing Atalanta, and I'm also entering 4th season and managed to qualify for champions league, and it seams we have the same issues.
After getting Gago and Granero (although both on frees after some time being without a club) I started to get really optimistic about the stature. Even wondered how was the effect so quick (it was only a year since getting in Serie A). Still now I appear to not be able to get even an average player, and the ones that would like to come ask for ridiculous wages...
So I guess you sometimes get lucky with players.. I don't mind it since Granero has been an assist beast :D Still I'll probably have to settle with the EUROPA League early on as I don't have sufficient depth for the Champions League.
As for the players wanting out, just have a private chat and hope for the best. Being strict has kept my best players around, but I don't expect anything...

I have the same problem around season 3 or 4 basically. You are able to sign some very good players early on in the game, but later as you play on and the players keep getting better, they want to leave you, by which time all other good/cheap players are long gone to other clubs, and no way to get them to play for you. You can only hope some good regens would pop up somewhere.
For my rating, when I started, my club was in the first qualifying round of Euro cup, I lost in second knock-out round. In the next season I qualified for Champions league, and was kicked out in quarter finals (**** you Guardiola!). I'm in third season now, and am currently in group stage of Champions league. All this brought my club to the number 53 on the list of European clubs, with the coefficient being 44.815 (for perspective, Barca is first with 156.621 coef, although it lost to Real Madrid in the Champions league semi finals AND was second in Liga BBVA; 52nd is Aston Villa, 54th is FC Twente.

And guess what? One player is asking to move to a bigger club. So, unless you have a magical way to get your club's rating to top 10 clubs AND have enough money to pay your guys 50k/week, be prepared to sell them.
At least try to get as much as you can for them.

Its not so suprising, for Birmingham to be a big club it would take 20 years of success not a couple of years. Even Chelsea arent really considered a big club, they got lucky and had a billionaire owner but take away the owner the limitless money and they would soon fade back to mid table. Clubs like Liverpool, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona, the Milan clubs, the Roma (possibly) clubs have been built on a century of success not just a couple of "flash in the pan" years.
Im not bashing a club anyone supports i'm just saying that big clubs are big because theyve been successful and prestigious over a looooong period of time.

i had a similar kind of problem with birmingham 1-2 players want to move to a bigger club, i did the treble this season (FA, Europe and leauge cup) finished top 4 for 2 years in a row. Just have to keep winning :). i tell my players that i understand they want the club to succeed or somthing along those lines then they carry on playing as they did.