I play with it off since I thought it takes 5 or 6 re-scoutings to reveal the true attributes of a player. I just don't have the time, patience or resources to do that much scouting for one player alone.

IMO it shouldn't even be an option. Play the game properly or don't play at all. ;)

FM is a sports simulator - it is about being realistic. How is having it off realistic?

Last edited:
Tharros quite clearly has a very strong opinion on this :p. One in which I agree with btw.

Meh, it's a game, don't get so worked up how other people play, people buy it for their own enjoyment, rather than complying to other peoples 'rules'.

If people enjoy playing being able to see the attributes, more than having to scout every player, why stop them.

I play with it off (;

Have no regrets about it either. I thoroughly still enjoy my game.

I play without masked attributes, and it doesnt defeat the point of scouts because i always scout players to see there potential and/or the price i could buy them for.

Cant see how people play with them

Depends what sort of game I am playing. A long term, full on game I will play with mask on, but if I am ******* around/making shortlists etc, i have it off.

Like Raikan, if I was to make a shortlist I would take it off, however for my saved games attribute masking is off !

i think its worthing when u are notts co or an even lower team and u cant scout gems nations like argentina ,brazil peru mexico but for 1st league teams it aint worth it!

I play with it on, otherwise I get bored by the second season.

dont see the point of having it off since im still going to send my scouts to find out other stuff about a player might aswell have it on to make it more interesting :)

IMO it shouldn't even be an option. Play the game properly or don't play at all. ;)

FM is a sports simulator - it is about being realistic. How is having it off realistic?
while i understand your point i feel that saying that people dont play with it shouldnt play it is a bit extreme. What other people want to do with there game is there business and they have padi the money to do so. Next time think before you post such a forcefull comment mate.

while i understand your point i feel that saying that people dont play with it shouldnt play it is a bit extreme. What other people want to do with there game is there business and they have padi the money to do so. Next time think before you post such a forcefull comment mate.
Yes that comment was a bit over the top.

Regardless, having it off is for noobs and I am entitled to that opinion. Where is the fun/realism/immersion in know every players attributes in the whole world? Do you have a crystal ball or something? You may as well sack all of your scouts while you are at it..

Yes that comment was a bit over the top.

Regardless, having it off is for noobs and I am entitled to that opinion. Where is the fun/realism/immersion in know every players attributes in the whole world? Do you have a crystal ball or something? You may as well sack all of your scouts while you are at it..
really mate chill out think you are taking it a bit too serious.

really mate chill out think you are taking it a bit too serious.
No, I'm taking it in terms of realism. FM is a simulator, it is about realism and immersion. What then, is the point of something that completely and utterly breaks doing in the game? Seriously SI why is this option still here?

For as much as the game is becoming more 'realistic', each time is a step forward, playing with attribute masking off and you take 1000 steps back.

seriously... having them on or off doesnt really matter! Even if you have it off, you STILL need scouts to give you the complete report about a players potential, weakness, personality etc. All of them not obtainable with just unmasking attributes.

Thank god you told them. They have all probably been checking this thread for the past year waiting on a response.