Grenwald

Reaction score
Righto, I apologise if there is already a thread for this, Ive had a quick search and can't find 1, only threads on changing captain.
I was wondering what attributes are important as a captain, I know influence is the main 1, but do any others affect a players ability to be a good captain?
Cheers Gren!

i must say that is a good question :D Influence is the most important as stated already...

1) Determination
2) Level Headed/Unflappable Media Handling style
3) Professional Personality
4) Decisions

this is all a guess just by the way, but if you are confused, just choose the player at the top of the list as your *** manager lists them in the most appropriate order... :D

1)influence
2) determination
3) good personality, leader, professional, determined, resolute, spirited,

Well, they have to be playing week in, week out, and normally one of the better players for the team. For example, Spain would not have Fernando Torres as their captain, simply because (apart from his lack of leadership qualities, because of his age), he does not play regularly, and at the moment, is not one of their better players.

the others i would say is only determination. but as you stated influence is the main one.

I agree with what the others said, also helps if:

Has been at your club for ages (came through the youth system is always good)
Is listed as 'Favourite Person' for some of your other players
Has your club as 'favourite club'
Being a legend/icon on the Club Info screen won't do any harm either :p

Cheers Raikan! I was thinking about it as the end of the season is approaching, and my C and VC never get games now, but I was unwilling to change em in an already fragile squad in my Pompey save. So Im thinking about to select as Calamity James replacement. between the posts im sorted, the armband is more difficult though!
For now Im just letting the assitant pick on a game to game basis!

I always thought mentally, you needed workrate, determination and influence (mainly).

The others are just bonuses.

Cheers Raikan! I was thinking about it as the end of the season is approaching, and my C and VC never get games now, but I was unwilling to change em in an already fragile squad in my Pompey save. So Im thinking about to select as Calamity James replacement. between the posts im sorted, the armband is more difficult though!
For now Im just letting the assitant pick on a game to game basis!
yeah, that could maybe be the best thing until your team is settled and you wont end up having a coup or mutiny :wub: wait for the end of the season ;)

it lists suitability of captain and vice captain when you choose them for the season, so you dont really have to do anything, although for me i find that the captains at the top arent very good and i've replaced them, so i choose the highest person that is a first team regular, usually goalkeeper.

I always like it to be the guy everyone likes or someone that every one gets along with. I like it to be the guy that's listed in the player profiles as "feels he works well with _____" or " thinks ____ is a good player". In addition to influence and personality. I also like the guy to not be a new signing he has to have been there at least 1 season.

I also like him to list me as prefered peronnel. If he hates your guts then you're in trouble.

Interestingly - I've never had a keeper/winger/striker as fulltime captain it's usually a midfielder or centreback. The high workrate/teamwork/determination guys seem to be these positions in my squad. Also I'm very careful if I'm about to strip the captaincy off a club icon or legend, especially if he's a good player still.

Last edited: