"Aussie on the Rise" - Season 01 - Newcastle Jets

nickmajfc

Reaction score
I would like to take this moment to honour the career and the life of Phillip Hughes, who tragically passed away earlier this past week due to unfortunate circumstances. My thoughts and prayers are with the Hughes family and friends.

View attachment 323554
Rest in Peace Phillip.

Aussie on the Rise - Season 01 - Newcastle Jets

View attachment 323553
Phil Stubbins has been replaced as Newcastle Jets manager by an unlikely source. A man coming with little experience, with little knowledge of the professional managerial world has been signed to a deal. Nick Majurovski, 20, will try and take a side who has missed out on the finals ever since they defeated Gold Coast United in the finals back in February 2010, hopefully back into the mix and in contention for a finals birth.

Managers personal say: As you can all tell, I am not starting off with a Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga or Serie A club. I have decided to start off with one of the lesser A-League clubs, Newcastle. I am a Jets fan and live right here in Newcastle, so that is obviously why I have chosen them. Hopefully this save can last a while. I wont be staying at that club forever, as I want to work my way up. Believe it or not, I actually play my games in "full match" so I can realistically assess my players and how the games pan out to ensure success. Hope i get some followers, and if i do, i most certainly will continue the series.

Club Name: Newcastle Jets FC
Club Nicknames: The Jets, The Novacastrians
Stadium: Hunter Stadium
Championships: ​(1) 2007/2008 : 1-0 vs. Central Coast Mariners
Rivals: Central Coast Mariners
Active Supporters: Squadron Novacastria

View attachment 323552
Players for this season (Budgets turned off for first transfer window)

Goalkeepers
Mark Birighitti
Ben Kennedy
John Solari

Defenders
Kew Jaliens (VC)
Taylor Regan
Adrian Madaschi
Sam Gallaway
Sam Gallagher
Scott Neville
David Carney

Midfielders
Josh Barresi
Billy Celeski
Ben Kantarovski
Marcos Flores
Jacob Pepper
Mitch Cooper
Andrew Hoole
Alan Welsh
Johnny Steele

Forwards
Joel Griffiths
Edson Montano
Jeronimo
James Virgilli
Brandon Lundy

Main players:
Flores, Griffiths, Jeronimo, Montano, Jaliens, Carney, Steele and Celeski

Fixtures List (Including the new FFA Cup that has just launched)

View attachment 323556
The first friendly game will be played shortly, there may be stores in between posted here, but the entire match report will be posted as soon as it's done. If i get enough followers, i will continue this story.

Thankyou​

Nice to see an A-League story! Will keep an eye on this

View attachment 323544

The Newcastle Jets are yet to step foot on the pitch in pre-season, but are already having off field drama interrupt them. Star defender Kew Jaliens requested leave earlier this week and has been granted that leave due to feeling home sick. He will leave for Holland this week and return when he feels the time is right. Majurovski was said to be upset over this, but said he had no choice but to let him go to ensure the teams morale doesn't drop.

Majurovski spoke to the media following the announcement.

Majurovski: "As you just heard, we have decided to allow Kew to head back to his homeland to see his family and friends until he is ready to return. He has stated that he is looking for home options but will see how he goes. The club would like to wish Kew the very best back home and we hope to see him return very soon."

The Newcastle Jets open their pre-season campaign this Saturday, August 11th in Leichardt against the APIA Tigers.

View attachment 323527
Billy Celeski has started off strong with the Newcastle Jets, after he not only scored but easily guided the Jets to a victory over the APIA Tigers on Saturday Night. It was the Tigers who opened the scoring though, when Blake Powell scored a close range header five minutes into the contest. The Jets barely held possession up until the goal, but then, from the goal onwards, they never looked back. 5 minutes later, off a corner, defender Taylor Regan struck a terrific left foot curler from 12 metres out to level the scores at one a piece.

They didn't stop there, after holding possession with ease for a while, they finally broke through as their patience prevailed when Jeronimo scored on 39 minutes when he pierced a shot into the back of the net from a few metres out. A few minutes into the second half and the game was all but over, when the star of the show, Billy Celeski grabbed himself a goal when he struck from a tight angle. But, that wasn't it, Adrian Madaschi powered home a header on 77 minutes to seal the win.

Blake Powell did manage to grab a brace and salvage a consolation goal with a few minutes to go. The scoreline ending, APIA Tigers 2.. Newcastle Jets 1.

Match Repore
Score: APIA Tigers 2-4 Newcastle Jets
Goalscorers: Powell (5', 85') Regan (11') Jeronimo (39') Celeski (47') Madaschi (77')
Crowd: 931 out of 7000 Capacity
Odds (TAB): Tigers ($5.20) Jets ($1.20 Favourites)

Match Statistics

View attachment 323528
Managers Personal Note: Pleased with this performance especially after going down. Normally clubs in pre-season expect and want to win 4 or 5-0. But, going down early, coming back and winning pretty easily in the end makes for a more productive off-season for me. The boys passed the ball around well, and Celeski was just outstanding. It's amazing to actually see when you watch a FM game in "full match" setting, you realize the game actually gives the highest rating to the player who really does deserve it.

The Jets travel to Canberra to take on Canberra City in the FFA Cup on Tuesday.​

View attachment 323518

The question is still looming large over the Newcastle Jets for this upcoming season. Can they be consistent enough to challenge for anything? After this past Saturday nights performance in a pre-season friendly against the APIA Tigers, Billy Celeski showed why he could be a vital part in the Jets' chances this season. Celeski was involved in everything from the first whistle, which did include a yellow card. Other than that small mistake, he was sensational and rarely lost the ball.

He was on the score sheet and really could have scored more than just one. If Billy can fire for the entire season in a consistent basis, the Jets might just answer that question, finally, in a positive way. It all starts tomorrow when the Jets travel to Canberra to take on Canberra City in the first round of the newly created FFA Cup. Just like APIA, Canberra are minnows in Australian Football, playing their football in the Capitol Football National Premier League.

When we hit kickoff at Gungahlin Oval tomorrow night, the pressure will be on the Jets who are expected to win this one with ease, but, just like the FA Cup, there's always some kind of Magic involved and you just never know when an upset can happen. For Majurovski, he will be hoping this is just the start of an incredible cup run that could help Newcastle's entire season.

First Round Results (So Far)
Mt Druitt Rangers 0-7 Marconi
Northern Fury 2-1 Floreat Athena
Adelaide United 1-1 Melbourne Victory (United win 8-7 on penalties)
Central Coast Mariners 0-2 Western Sydney Wanderers
Redlands United 2-1 Goulburn Valley Suns (after extra time)
Northcote City 3-2 Bentleigh Greens (after extra time)
White City 6-0 Glenorchy Knights
Sunshine Coast FC 1-3 Perth Glory
Sydney FC 0-1 Wellington Phoenix (after extra time)
South Coast Wolves 2-4 Brisbane Roar
Bankstown City 4-1 Cockburn City
Hills Brumbies 4-1 Lake Macquarie City FC

To be played
Canberra City vs. Newcastle Jets
APIA Tigers vs. Melbourne City
Heidelburg United vs. FNQ FC Heat
Rockdale City vs. South Cardiff

So unfortunately, my text didn't autosave last time, and i was 3/4 of the way through my match report for the FFA Cup First Round match against Canberra City. I have also played two friendlies, against Lambton Jaffas and Broadmeadow Magic since then. The results were as follows.

Canberra City 1-10 Newcastle Jets
I still cannot believe the ease in which we won this game. It was a matter of whether we could actually do what was expected of us, or to be completely embarrassed in losing this first round match. What was expected of us, wasn't even what happened, we managed to put ten past Canberra, who were shell shocked. Celeski was again impressive, and so was Marcos Flores. But the main star, was Argentine, Jeronimo who bagged a hattrick. We took this win and advanced into the second round, in which we were drawn against A-League heavyweights Western Sydney Wanderers. This had to be some really bad luck, as some other A-League clubs were given some easier fixtures. But we will take this and it will prove to be a good test heading into the league season.

Lambton Jaffas 0-3 Newcastle Jets
Another comfortable victory here, this time with Montano impressing. But, the big story with this match.. was the fact that my cousin, who is yes, on the game, was playing for Lambton (in which he does in real life). John Majurovski. He actually lasted the entire 90 minutes, which is rare for him in the real world ;). Anyway, we won the game comfortably and again, the one key point here was Celeski, who was once again, solid in the middle of the park.

Broadmeadow Magic 2-5 Newcastle Jets
A little dissapointed to have conceded twice, but we scored goals again, five this time. Jeronimo was once again impressive, but it was the massive impact Johnny Steele had off the bench that had everyone talking. Steele will be starting in the final friendly, but for now, the lineup will stay unchanged for the fixture against the Wanderers.

I will be playing that Wanderers game next, and will have a full match report to follow. There is one final friendly following that Cup match against Hamilton Olympic, before we open our campaign against our biggest rivals, the club we defeated in the 2008 Grand Final to become Champions, the Central Coast Mariners. That game by the way, is at home.

Thanks, proper updates returning from now on.​

View attachment 322810

JETS LEFT TO WANDER IN THE A-LEAGUE

View attachment 322809Above: Labinot Haliti following the 3-0 victory over Newcastle

It was the worst possible way for new boss Nick Majurovski to finish his first competitive game as Newcastle Jets manager. The Western Sydney Wanderers have defeated the new coached Jets 3-0 at Parramatta Stadium. The first goal came early when Jets keeper Mark Birighitti dropped the ball when he really should have hung onto it, allowing former Jet, Mark Bridge to score for the Wanderers. They made it 2 on the stroke of half time when exciting winger Kwabena Appiah scored a cracking volley from just inside the box.

The Jets pressed in the second half, but it opened up some avenues for the Wanderers and they took advantage when Brendon Santalab sealed the win in the 69th minute with a tap in following Appiah's good work down the flank. The Jets were in it, they always were, but couldn't break through. They crash out of the cup, but the performance wasn't so bad according to the boss, who spoke with us following the game.

FoxSportsNews: ​"Nick, that must have been a tough one to swallow. How do you feel now after watching your side perform for 90 minutes under pressure?"

Nick Majurovsk: "It's a mix of both for me really. I thought we played well, which some may not agree with. But we kept the ball on the ground, we kept it moving, but couldn't really get past that back line which we all know has been solid for the last two seasons. Overall im disappointed that we are out of the cup, but the performance is good heading into the league campaign.

FoxSportsNews: "You decided not to start Billy Celeski today, what was your thinking behind that change?"

Majurovski: "Billy picked up a slight knock yesterday and wasn't 100% for kickoff unfortunately. He was without a doubt going to start before he felt a slight pain in his shin, but he should recover fully for the opening round."

Western Sydney have two more friendlies before they kickoff their season when they travel to Brisbane to face the champions in what is a massive Grand Final rematch. The Jets have just the sole friendly left at Hamilton, before they open the season at home against arch rivals the Central Coast Mariners.

Match Statistics

View attachment 322804

Managers personal note:
As the stats show, we weren't that bad. We fought hard, but in the end, it was a keeping error plus some bad lapses from our defenders that cost us. I will make sure my side focuses more on defensive positioning and such for the next two weeks before the season kicks off. Hopefully ive still got people following this, i look forward to bringing more. Also, im glad i have chosen to continue playing my games / watching them in full-game setting, it really makes it easier for me to manage the club and understand how my team plays throughout a game and what needs improving.

Next Fixture: v Hamilton Olympic - Friendly - Saturday, September 27, 2014

I will be posting a regular update for this in a news item, not a full report like this.

Last edited:
I'm following mate. Like the look & layout, especially the foxsports banner etc. really makes it an Aussie story. Keep up the good work.