Scotty98TR

Reaction score
I am Cardiff in the Premier League, on 1st February 2014 (2nd season). I bought Charlie Austin in the first transfer window for £5m + add-ons (total of £7.5m), but in January this year I have bought Bony, as Austin was scoring almost all our goals...

Bony has scored in both his games so far, and although I have always used a lone striker, I have created a new tactic to make use of Bony and Austin at the same time. But not Rhodes is transfer listed, and has an asking price of just £6m.

I have Maupay and Sanogo out on loan, so if I was to buy Rhodes I would probably sell Austin if i could, although I don't have a clue how much for...

So what would you do? Keep Austin and forget Rhodes, get both, or buy Rhodes and sell Austin?

View attachment 369083View attachment 369084View attachment 369085View attachment 369086P.S. Austin is one of Cardiff's 'favoured personell' too!

P.P.S. Just realised if I was to sell Austin, I would of only payed £5.5m for him, as there are still 2 clauses worth £2m I haven't activated yet.

I would keep Austin, from my experiences he is much better and more reliable than Rhodes in the premier league. There is no point in spending more money on Rhodes when you already have a player of better quality who is just starting to get used to your club and tactics

I would keep Austin, from my experiences he is much better and more reliable than Rhodes in the premier league. There is no point in spending more money on Rhodes when you already have a player of better quality who is just starting to get used to your club and tactics

Okay thanks! I wasn't sure if Rhodes is better than Austin, as both are very similar, although both have strengths and weaknesses the other doesn' :)

If you have a spare 6 million though I advise you take a look at Carlos fierro. A beast in every one of my saves

If you have a spare 6 million though I advise you take a look at Carlos fierro. A beast in every one of my saves

I have already bought him 3 times before in other saves, I try not to buy the same players several times :p

Rhodes is a god for me in my WBA save.

So far in the first season, he`s managed to grab 17 goals 25 in games. Absolute God.

This includes big game performances, such as scoring 4 goals against united. :)

I'd also recommend you to take a look at Yannick N'Djeng. He's grabbed 13 in 21 games.

Rhodes is a god for me in my WBA save.

So far in the first season, he`s managed to grab 17 goals 25 in games. Absolute God.

This includes big game performances, such as scoring 4 goals against united. :)

I'd also recommend you to take a look at Yannick N'Djeng. He's grabbed 13 in 21 games.

Too late now anyway, he's agreed to join Birgmingham :S

And Yannick N'Djeng looks good, but he has just moved to Twente so they won't sell him

IMO you made the right choice Scotty, Austin has always done better for me

Okay, I thought Rhodes had joined Birginham, but he hadn't, he must of rejected the contract!

He is now listed at just £4.7m! I have Anelka joining next season, as backup on £7k a week (Bought him for tutoring), but I also have Maupay almost good enough for the first team...

Either way I will keep Austin, but should I buy Rhodes aswell? He is happy to be a rotation or backup but on £27k a week! One option is that I could buy Rhodes, send Maupay out on loan for another season and then sell Rhodes in a year (Unless he if fantastic, in which case I would sell someone else)

Okay, I thought Rhodes had joined Birginham, but he hadn't, he must of rejected the contract!

He is now listed at just £4.7m! I have Anelka joining next season, as backup on £7k a week (Bought him for tutoring), but I also have Maupay almost good enough for the first team...

Either way I will keep Austin, but should I buy Rhodes aswell? He is happy to be a rotation or backup but on £27k a week! One option is that I could buy Rhodes, send Maupay out on loan for another season and then sell Rhodes in a year (Unless he if fantastic, in which case I would sell someone else)

You may as well get him for that price and have him as backup or rotate him with Austin, in my experience Austin is better but if he gets injured then Rhodes is a perfect replacement.

Buy Rhodes & you're pretty much garunteed goals... very consistent

I decided to go for Rhodes, as he was such a bargain at £2.5m + Bo-Kyung and Bradley Wright-Phillips! :D