Australia National Futsal Championsips

AussieOchoa

Reaction score
The 32nd FFA Futsal National Championships will be held in Canberra, proudly hosted by Capital Football in conjunction with Football Federation Australia.

The FFA Futsal National Championships are by far the biggest National football tournament in Australia, attracting up to 2000 competitors from Australian States, Territories, and several Nations within the Oceania Region.

---

Just a thread for any Australian's attending/playing in the Australian National Futsal Champs. I am playing in the U14 Boys ACT Cobras team, my third year and I'm really excited for this. It starts in 2 weeks, all next week I have training in prep for the week after so I'm starting to get pumped! I will post results of my team in here for those of you that would be interested ;)

Very nice. Keep us posted - and don't loose by too much <)

With me in goals you think we'll lose, pfft ;) But I am sharing the keeper role with another, so uhhh yeah. Haha, naah he's good!

Yep, so gonna happen... pfft ;)

Alrighty.

Diary Entry #1

I have spent this whole weekend gravitating between my fridge, my couch and my laptop. I have been drinking endless bottles of water and relaxing. I have been stretching to keep loose and stop my muscles from seizing up. Tomorrow I have to go to the opening ceremony with my team, aka. one hour of my life I will want back. Then I have a match at 8:40 tomorrow night against NSW Lightning, a big grudge match from last year. They beat us 2-1, but we deserved to win the match. Unfortunately I didn't play that match so don't blame it on me! Thank god that keeper isn't in the team this year. We have a better back up now (H). This match will determine how our tournament goes. NSW Lightning always have a point to prove as they are the 2nd NSW team after the NSW Thunder, so they want to prove the selectors wrong. Hopefully I will play this match as I really want to assert my mark on the competition. So until then I will be relaxing, sleeping a lot and eating pasta. Goodbye until tomorrow night/Tuesday morning.

PS. I was chosen as Vice-Captain.

What is the structure of the competition? Is it groups then knock out?

Uhh nope. Theres... 9 teams. Everyone plays each other once then top 4 go to finals. So 8 games in 4 days possibly 10 in 5 :)

good luck with this mate, used to play a bit of mini indoor 5 a side, so good luck :)

Diary Entry 2 - Game 1

A game starting at 8:40. After hearing that our 15's team had beat the tournament favourites, we all started to get pumped. I started in goals first half, quite nervous as well. Right from the get go it was an intense game. The refs didn't let the game go, they just stopped for every little tap. Also very card happy and we had two or three yellows at the end of the first half. At the end of the first half we were up 1-0 due to a tap in off a free-kick. The second half started with me warming the bench so our other goalkeeper could get some time. We went up 2-0 after their keeper attempted to kick it out, but kicked it into our captain and it bobbled into the goal. A deserved goal after some high pressure. After this, the team started to coast, and in two or so minutes, NSW Lightning had pulled one back due to a freak goal. What made matters worse now is that one of our players received a second yellow, not deserved by any means, and we were down to 3 men for a little bit. NSW then scored a goal after some bobbling around in the box to make it 2-2. The game was now tense, but it was NSW again, who scored a controversial goal to make it 3-2. The ball had gone out by visibly 10-20 centermeters. Now I was called back into action. We started to push right up the field and challenge the ball and within a few minutes we were back up to 3-3 after a well worked corner. Now with only a couple minutes left we have the upper hand, and we also have the 5 fouls warning. With a second or so left we win a foul, and the 6th foul so we go to a long penalty. Unfortunately our player missed, but better to miss a win then miss a draw. 3-3 draw to start the tournament. Clean sheet for me, so I had a confident start.

Team Goal Tally

Sean - 1
Matt (c) - 1
Chris - 1

---

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:00 PM ----------

Too tired to write a lot... but,

Two games today, first up, we beat WA 10-3 and I conceded my first and only goal of the tournament. Simple game...

Second was the big test. The defending champs, NSW Thunder. We were up 2-1 at the end of the first half before they pulled it back to 2-2 off a free kick. I frickin saved it and it was a **** REBOUND! Then we went back up 3-2 with 10 minutes left, but they ended with 3 points and a 5-3 win. Brilliant performance from us, I played a full game and I am now ******* tired! 5-3 is much better than our 6-2 loss last year, which should have been about 10-0. So very proud of the lads, especially Lolo who scored an incredible solo goal to put us up 2-1. Sean was shattered as he scored an own goal to make it 4-3 to them, but we're all ready for a big 3 important games for tomorrow.

vs SA

vs Victoria

vs QLD

These three teams along with NSW Lightning and us will be challenging for 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Cbf writing up every single results so I'll give you a short rundown.

ACT Cobras 3-3 NSW Lightning
ACT Cobras 9-3 Western Australia
ACT Cobras 3-5 NSW Thunder
ACT Cobras 5-5 South Australia
ACT Cobras 4-6 Victoria
ACT Cobras 5-5 Queensland
ACT Cobras 4-3 Southern NSW
ACT Cobras 7-2 Northern NSW

That got us into 3rd place after that last game. We scored 5 goals in 5 minutes at the start of the match, and our first goal was withing 20 seconds.

Semi Final
ACT Cobras 3-5 Victoria

I played the game of my life, and we deserved at least a draw out of that game, but next year shall be revenge.

Final
NSW Thunder 8-1 Victoria

Well, we got 15 points from the 8 games, much better than 6 from 7 last year! Everyone from the team played amazing and we probably deserved to beat eventual winners NSW Thunder when we played them.

Player of the Tournament - Tom, scored something like 15 of our 42 goals, maybe more. I think every player scored at least one goal except the two goalkeepers as well!