nickmajfc

Reaction score
Iv'e just started my second season using Australian Club Newcastle United Jets.

I finished my first season top of the table, winning 16 and losing 9. I know that's decent, but losing 9 still bothers me. I lost the Grand Final in the finals series, so i didn't get the major trophy.

I had a good formation going, but it was lacking. That stupid rule is unfortunately still in effect, that i cant buy other A-League players who are on contract with A-League clubs, so i can't exactly sign young talented Aussies from my league. Also, there is a maximum amount of foreign players available, and that's 5.

Iv'e lost my first game away from home, and i seem to be losing away more than home. Can anyone tell me some good match tactics to implement away from home, that seems to be my bad area.

Thanks

I can't give you a win-win formation for it. But what i tend to do, this could be wrong but ive won a few trophies with this. I tend to play with a tad deeper line with a CDM, maybe a 4-1-2-1-2, with counter attacking direct fast tempo play. so if we're being laid in then we can still break and maybe get ourselves a CCC, and ofcourse a goal. The direct passing won't be too important I imagine. But I'm not sure. That's my philosophy on it all anyway.

Ill give it a try, regardless of the results, thanks for the advice!

OMG, its working brilliantly. 3-0 up half time.

First goal came at a club record time of 34 seconds!

Haha. Good stuff. :). Could be a fluke, but I hope it continues! I tend to play a bit tighter at the back, because no matter who you are, a point away from home is a valuable point. and three is just fantastic.

That's true, i always take a point away if i have to, unless im a man up, otherwise, 1 point is valuable.

Thanks again! :)

2-0 win second time around, at home too, counter attacking football works at home aswell!

yayyy

Haha. Take notes from portugal irl. Their counter attack is too good.