Autographs

Gerri

Reaction score
Any one here collect autographs ?

was thinking of asking for some ( writting to players ) since we never get to see our players any more.

what sort of photos do you send of and what success have you had ?

The only ones I have are a few Wigan players, Al-Habsi, Moses, Pollitt, Boyce. They went to a school where my mum works, along with Martinez, it's a special school and for the past couple of years, Martinez has taken a few players around to special schools in the Wigan area.

I will be hoping to get some of the West ham players autographs after sudnays game against Sunderland :)

I have a a football signed by Lampard and a scarf signed by Drogba which my cousin got me when he worked for Chelsea. I also got John Terrys when I met him in blue water. I also have a few other Chelsea players who are no longer at the club etc.

I have almost all the West ham squad from 2005/06 as they did a training session at upton park and afterwoulds let the fans go on and meet the players etc.

I also have Cristiano Ronaldos signature somewhere in my house which my sister got as she used to support utd when she was interested in football and had a thing for Ronaldo lol.

Last edited:
No Autographs only Photographs, and only Bath Rugby players at that all though I did storm the pitch and kiss Kaid Mohammed after the playoff final where Bath won

Cheers that was a quick response , any of you actually send them of , sending some to peterborough :)

My Grandad worked on Virgin Trains and he saw Rio Ferdinand... he asked him for an autograph for me ... on the back of a menu. ;)

I will be hoping to get some of the West ham players autographs after sudnays game against Sunderland :)

I have a a football signed by Lampard and a scarf signed by Drogba which my cousin got me when he worked for Chelsea. I also got John Terrys when I met him in blue water. I also have a few other Chelsea players who are no longer at the club etc.

I have almost all the West ham squad from 2005/06 as they did a training session at upton park and afterwoulds let the fans go on and meet the players etc.

I also have Cristiano Ronaldos signature somewhere in my house which my sister got as she used to support utd when she was interested in football and had a thing for Ronaldo lol.

Why all the WH autographs?

I got a few united past players.
Paul Parker, Dennis irwin, David May

Also: Kieran Richerdson's, Wes Brown's, O'shea, Dean Kiely (LOL, charlton ex goalie i think)

and England greatest goalie, PETER SHILTON!

Yea got a few, somg big names there.

My brother has a few of the forest legends autographs, namely Stuart Pearce, Des Walker, Ian Woan, Steve Chettle and Scott Gemmil (from Chettle's testimonial). Personally, I don't see the appeal of collecting them.

I got Ian Holloway's autograph when he was Argyle Manager, bumped into him in the club shop! I also got Barry Hayles autograph and photo's took with various Argyle players at christmas time a few years ago, when they did sessions in the shop.

Brother worked security for some fans signing thing in Leeds a few months ago and managed to get me autographed pictures of Jonny Howson and Leigh Bromby with the standard 'best wishes' message on there. Also played in a tennis tournament 5 years ago and came runner up so got to meet Tim Henman and shake his hand. Also got his autograph :)

My friends girlfriend sent a Newcastle shirt to Alan Shearer and he signed it and sent it back to her so it's worth a shot just sending stuff out.

I have Lawrie Sanchez's autograph.

Also I have a David Healy leeds shirt signed by him also.

You can get players' autographs if you write them, I got several professional American footballers' autographs that way when I was a kid. The only reason I don't do that now is that I feel a little old to be writing professional athletes and asking them for their autograph. On the other hand, might as well, takes very little effort and you might come up with something.

Hah I got one from Nas and another one from Damien Marley.

Not really an interesting story..

A friend from uni had a backstage free pass. She doesn't love Nas and Damien, so she gave me their autographs. Also, she told me Damien is an arrogant *****, whereas Nas is the gentle one.

Loads of Sheff United autographs.

Weirdest ones were I got Paul Ifill's in a petrol station and in Keith Gillespie's gambling days I got his when he was walking to the bus stop to get home from a game.

I also have a picture of me and Paddy Kenny when I met him on holiday.

Almost got Jamie Mackie's autograph today, but didn't have a pen and paper, not did he seemingly have the time.

Why all the WH autographs?

They are my local club and I have a soft spot for West Ham because of that. I was invited to go to that training day by mates so I thought might aswell football is football.