Automatic Reputation - Can't get a job!

guidito5

Reaction score
Well guys, the title pretty much says it all. I started playing with Blackburn. I took them from the championship to the Premier League. Once in premier league, around mid season, Atletico Madrid sacked Simeone. I applied and took the job. I was there for a year or so and got sacked. Since then, 2 seasons have passed and i haven't been able to get a team. I've applied to all kind of teams, but they always seem to prefer a weak manager from their own league. Even Inter prefered a manager from a team from Serie B rather than me. I applied to big teams such as Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, and regular teams such as Napoli, Psv, Az, Borussia Dortmund, Leverkusen, etc.

I started the game with an automatic reputation, and i know that makes the game harder. But really? 2 season without a team? Im also currently managing Belgium, but i guess that doesn't affect the game, right?

Please help me, i don't know what to do. This has never happened to me before. Thanks a lot guys.

What league is the lowest you have loaded ( it will set your automatic reputation similair to theirs) ?
Have you tried to get a job in a low reputation club ?

(Looking at your scenarion, I guess you dont have any league under The Championship ( or equal loaded) or otherwise, A.Madrid would not have come for you ?)

In all fairness, I would say that A.Madrid was strange to hire you, but that you shuld be able to get a job with the likes of Ipswich, Burnley etc.

Add new manager, remove old one, create old one new (with better reputation?), remove new one, problem solved?

What league is the lowest you have loaded ( it will set your automatic reputation similair to theirs) ?
Have you tried to get a job in a low reputation club ?

(Looking at your scenarion, I guess you dont have any league under The Championship ( or equal loaded) or otherwise, A.Madrid would not have come for you ?)

In all fairness, I would say that A.Madrid was strange to hire you, but that you shuld be able to get a job with the likes of Ipswich, Burnley etc.

I play with a friend. We have many leagues loaded. To be precise we have: Argentinian (first and second division), Brazil (first division), Mexico (first), Spain (first and second), England (first and second), Italy (first and second), France (first), Germany (first) and French (first).

It actually is very weird, since my friend started with Rosario central (a team from the second division of Argentina). He took them to the first division. Then he went to mexico, where he had a good season with Monterrey. He then took Sunderland, and got them promoted to PL. Then he went to Lyon, where he won the ligue 2 times in a row. And he finally is at Tottenham. He also started with an automatic reputation.

I thought that after being able to manage atletico madrid, i would have no problem finding a 'good' team to manage. Every team seems to be flattered when i apply but they always choose another manager. It's frustrating. I even try to get a premier division Argentinian team (after beign sacked by At. madrid) and they didn't hire me. I don't know what to do

Add new manager, remove old one, create old one new (with better reputation?), remove new one, problem solved?

I honestly don't want to 'cheat' or do this the easy way. It's just that it drives me crazy not beign able to manage a team, specially after i got Blackburn promoted to PL and took At. madrid to a semi final on Europa League and a final in Copa del Rey. Its insane!

...Atletico Madrid...I was there for a year or so and got sacked.
...my friend started with Rosario central (a team from the second division of Argentina). He took them to the first division. Then he went to mexico, where he had a good season with Monterrey. He then took Sunderland, and got them promoted to PL. Then he went to Lyon, where he won the ligue 2 times in a row.

Maybe they don't think you're good enough? Sure, you got Blackburn to PL but then got sacked at At. Madrid - whereas your friend seems to have success at every club he's been so far.

Maybe it's also because you're managing Belgium?

Maybe they don't think you're good enough? Sure, you got Blackburn to PL but then got sacked at At. Madrid - whereas your friend seems to have success at every club he's been so far.

Maybe it's also because you're managing Belgium?

To be honest, i've never been sacked a lot in Fm, so it is new for me trying to get a team. But the likes of PSV, AZ, Hamburg, they aren't incredibly famous or popular teams, but nevertheless i can't get to work for them.

Idk if beign the manager of Belgium somehow affects the game. It is the first time i manage an international team.

To be honest, i've never been sacked a lot in Fm, so it is new for me trying to get a team. But the likes of PSV, AZ, Hamburg, they aren't incredibly famous or popular teams, but nevertheless i can't get to work for them.

Idk if beign the manager of Belgium somehow affects the game. It is the first time i manage an international team.

In theory, you should not be able to get a job with the teams( rather big clubs if you ask me) mentioned above if starrting with automatic rep( same rep as the lowest rep club in the lowest loadded league) and only getting Blackburn up and getting sacked with A.Madrid.

In theory, you should not be able to get a job with the teams( rather big clubs if you ask me) mentioned above if starrting with automatic rep( same rep as the lowest rep club in the lowest loadded league) and only getting Blackburn up and getting sacked with A.Madrid.

So the only possibility for me is to go for a championship team? or a team from a second division? It feels like i have to 'start over' .. After 'everything' i've done. So, in the future, if i get to manage a good team but then get sacked, i will have to start again or only apply to weak teams?

So the only possibility for me is to go for a championship team? or a team from a second division? It feels like i have to 'start over' .. After 'everything' i've done. So, in the future, if i get to manage a good team but then get sacked, i will have to start again or only apply to weak teams?

Well, you've "only" got 1 team into PL and then you failed at a big team. Your friend built himself quite a good reputation, you just didn't. Sorry.

Thats the way that life goes I am afraid. You got good results with a team that by looking at their reputation should have bounced back to the prem. After leaving the club without getting any further results, you got sacked in the next one. IN short, I would probably hire you as the manager of one of the middle/bottom clubs in the 2nd highest division, but not if being a "bigger" club.

Next time, why not start with s slightly higher rep but make a pact with your onlinefriend NOT to take jobs at a higher level before actuially earning it. This way, you should be able to bounce back to the "next Blackburn" without being unemployed for too long

Last edited:
Perfect example is Harry Redknapp look at him all up and down no constancy and back down the the championship he goes because he knows there is no better job he will get out there now just suck it in take a championship side back up see what you can do! We all know you can dew it!

GLHF
Eat260