SaintMotbot

Reaction score
Andre Villas-Boas is one of my absolute favourite managers, I was gutted when things didn't work out for him at Chelsea and then Tottenham. I feel he should have been given more time at both clubs, but the past is the past! and now it is time for his future!!

This story will be focussed on Villas-Boas trying to regain his reputation following his spells at Chelsea and Tottenham.

The Challenge? The top division trophy in each of the big 5 European countries. England, Spain, Germany, Italy and France. In an added twist I wish to end up back at Chelsea, hopefully this time with greater success.

I apologise for starting to many stories lately. I have been really struggling with motivation for some of my saves, so hopefully this will be the one to spark interest!

View attachment 233538

View attachment 933167
Villas-Boas takes Inter Milan hotseat

View attachment 233537
Former Chelsea and Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has today agreed to take over Italian side Inter Milan. Villas-Boas, 36, left his post as manager of Zenit St Petersburg last week and will now make the move to Italian Football.

"We are delighted that Andre has accepted our offer" Said a Inter Milan spokesperson "he is a tremendous young talent and we are confident that he can lead us back to huge success".

More to follow...

I apologise for starting to many stories lately. I have been really struggling with motivation for some of my saves, so hopefully this will be the one to spark interest!

Are you SamPeters in disguise? :p

View attachment 233536
So my first challenge will be to restore fallen giants Inter Milan to their former glory.

View attachment 233535

The board were expecting a Europa League qualification place in the league but I feel we can be a bit more ambitious than that. To achieve this, the board have offered me a decent transfer budget and almost £200k in free wages. This gives me more than enough wiggle room in the transfer market to plug any gaps that need plugging.

My first impression of the squad is that there is A LOT of dead wood. 18 players have either been demoted to the under 20's, listed for loan, offered out for transfers or simply released. It is no wonder that Inter are in financial trouble, we had 5 left backs in the squad! who needs 5 left backs!? hopefully some of these transfers will go through and give me a more streamlined squad to analyse and some extra money to strengthen.

Some of the players being allowed to leave the squad are Saphir Taider, Ezequeil Schelotto, Andrei Radu, Marco Andreolli and Dodo.

View attachment 233534
So this is what is left of my squad after the clear out! Key players look to be Samir Handanovic in goal, Vidic and Miranda could be a formidable partnership at centre back, Kondogbia, Medel and Guarin will be superb competition for each other in midfield while Kovacic, Hernanes and new loan signing Stevan Jovetic could provide some good creativity. The sheer pace of Biabiany and the potential of Mauro Icardi could also be key.

View attachment 233533
This looks set to be the tactic that I am going to use and the obvious concerns I have are the wide positions. AML and AMR are the positions that need ore depth. I will be looking for a starting inside forward for the left, and a back up winger for the right. On top of this I want some more depth in midfield so a DM is on the horizon.

View attachment 233525
My transfer dealings are pretty much finished with the arrival of the three players that I wanted. Raul Meireles is a player I know and trust and can add steel to the heart of the midfield. He will challenge Guarin and Medel for the starting place and offer good rotation.

I failed to sign my number one target, Denis Cheryshev, so I went for Moussa Sow for £6.25 million. Fenerbahce must be a bit annoyed that I have stolen two of their players, but that really doesn't bother me.

My third and final signing was Kevin Mirallas from Everton. £15.5 million is probably a bit steep for the Beligan but he has the potential to be a real key player for us and can play on either side as either a winger or an inside forward.

We managed to recoup £11 million in sales from the players that we didn't want which means we have spent a net total of £12 million in the transfer window. Lets hope it can bring some success.

So far so good!

As a spurs supporter, I really liked AVB..too bad about the results.

I'll be following, make AVB proud! :)

View attachment 233500
Pre season consisted of just the four games and it started off terribly.. defeats against Spartak and Madeira were absolutely unacceptable, even for pre-season. The players were looking lazy, slow, lacked any kind of communication and the passes just weren't finding their intended players.

I decided to make the call and go with a tactic that I know and love, rather than using a tactic that best suits the players in my squad. Unfortunately this tactic uses 3 central attacking midfielders, which rather leaves Biabiany and new boy Moussa Sow out in the cold. Sow will take his place as a striking option while Jovetic drops back into a role as an attacking midfielder. Biabiany is the biggest loser and is in the process of retraining as an AMC, but I am not hopeful and if the tactic works, he could be on his way out the door in January. Kevin Mirallas is another player that is better suited out wide but already has a decent headstart on being able to play centrally and I am confident he can adapt.

In order to support this new way of playing, Chelsea youngster Lucas Piazon has made a move to the San Siro on a year long loan deal to provide us with some extra depth.

As you can see, as soon as the tactics changed the results started to pick up with really solid wins against LA Galaxy and Fueniabrada, with not even a goal conceded. The terrible news is that Stevan Jovetic has dislocated his shoulder and will be out of action for anywhere between 2-3 months. This could be a real blow as he was magnificent in both games with the new tactic.

View attachment 233498

View attachment 233467
Could hardly have wished for a better start! A frustrating draw against Empoli proved to be a minor hick-up as the players get to know each other. We then went on to win the next four in a row, smashing 12 goals without conceding any in return. Mauro Icardi has been a god so far with 6 goals! he has scored in every single match we have played!

View attachment 233466
The tables looking pretty good! Unfortunately anything we can do, Juventus can do better as they top the table with a perfect 100% record, but I am extremely happy with 2nd for the moment, especially as we are 5 points clear of AC Milan already!

View attachment 233465
Here are Icardi's stats for the first month and his player card. 6 goals and 2 assists is a more than handy contribution to the side and his value is surely going to increase from a meagre £6 mil.

View attachment 233382
A mixed couple of months in terms of results with disappointing losses to Verona and Fiorentina. The loss against Juve was expected but gutting nonetheless. We are still picking up wins and points even though the goals are starting to dry up. Icardi is going through a lean spell and the midfield is having to pick up the slack. Lucas Piazon has been extremely impressive and scored four goals since his loan move, with form like that I might consider making it permanent.

View attachment 233379
2nd place in the table is an extremely good start for what I am trying to build here in Milan. Nine points behind the leaders Juventus is not so good, but they have been very almost perfect and absolutely destroyed me when I play them.

I am already keeping half an eye on the transfer market ready for January and am considering giving the squad a serious overhaul. Nemanja Vidic has been worse than useless with an average rating of 6.56, not good enough for a player who is on 80k a week and is our top earner. Stevan Jovetic has been less than impressive as well and is another player who is on the best part of 80k while on loan. When you add those two to striker Rodrigo Palacio, who isnt playing at all, thats nearly 250k in wages saved which could help reshape and freshen up the squad significantly.

Also making noises about leaving are Fredy Guarin who wants to join Liverpool, Danilo D'Ambrosio who wants more first team football, Biabiany who isn't being used at all and Moussa Sow who is fed up at the club.

Will be following. Mauro Icardi is one of my favourite players on FM and by far my favourite striker. Hope he scores alot of goals for you. :) Good Luck

View attachment 233274
We have been unbeaten since the last update and I am very happy with the progress we have been making. Unfortunately it is still not good enough.

View attachment 233273
14 points behind Juventus in first place is disappointing but we are nicely consolidating 2nd place in the table. It looks like this season is not going to be our year in terms of the title but the squad is developing nicely.
Transfer window

Players out

Rodrigo Palacio - Free
Nemanja Vidic - Newcastle - £750k
Danilo D'amboriso - Palermo - £2 million
Moussa Sow - Newcastle - £4 million
Alvaro Pereira - Corinthians - £2.9 million
Jonathan Biabiany - Norwich - £2.8 million

Transfer in

Nelson Oliveira - Benfica - Loan
Juanmi - Southampton - Loan
Eric Dier - Tottenham - Loan
Marvin Martin - Lille - £1.9 million
Bernardo Silva - Monaco - £4.9 million

View attachment 233272
Marvin Martin seems to be a good signing and has started brightly. Kovacic is in my opinion our best player but has been having awful problems with injuries. Icardi is still the main man when it comes to goals but tends to go for several games without scoring then score 3 in one match. Oliveira coming in should hopefully lighten the load.

View attachment 233271
We have also made it to the semi-final of the Italian Cup where we will play Fiorentina over two legs. While the board deem the cup to be unimportant, thinking selfishly it would certainly help to improve my reputation in the game and perhaps seal me a move to a bigger club.

Last edited:
That is one insane season Juventus are having! oO)

That is one insane season Juventus are having! oO)

They have been just unstoppable! considering trying to get out of Italy and into another league, no chance of beating them to the title in the next few years!

View attachment 233167
Another really mixed month to be honest. I would normally be quite happy with form like this but with Juventus going like a train every single loss seems to hit me like a hammer blow. The good news is we made it into the final of the Italian cup! and are still 2nd in the league, but a humbling loss to Verona and losing to Fiorentina has made it much closer than I would have liked.

View attachment 233165
As we charge towards the end of the season we are sitting nicely in the table, equal on points with Roma. Juventus are safely champions now but the Champions League spots are still all to fight for.

View attachment 233163
The final of the Italian cup will be against... you guessed it.. Juventus, who have gone unbeaten in the cup as well. Not holding out much hope for this final, but it will be a nice occasion for the fans.

I have to ask: Who beat Juve in the league...?