whenray

Reaction score
Have the average match ratings been toned down on FM14? Despite making a decent start with Newcastle (5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss) the only players who have an average rating over 7 are Cisse and Ben Arfa. I've even had ex players calling for me to drop certain players who aren't performing well. Santon has 2 goals and 4 assists in 8 games yet his average rating is only 6.8.
Is this down to me somehow winning games but not playing well? Or is it a bug? Bare in mind I started this save yesterday before the main game was released so it might be down to that if it is a bug. Has anybody else had a similar problem? The ratings seem pretty low for a team sat in 4th place.

For me the defenders have low ratings, as do my DMs, the attackers have good ratings. It should be noted that I'm conceding lots of my goals due to the defense going AWOL, but that's an ME issue.

I would say no because look at the rating for my players at the end of my second season.
View attachment 402049

That's pretty decent, anything over 7 and I'm happy, it's annoying because I don't get how I can be winning games but the players are getting such poor ratings. Must be something to do with how I have my team playing.

They seemed pretty high when i played the beta, now i've started a new game and i'd agree that they seem rather low, yeah... Maybe they fixed it too hard

I didnt notice it on the Beta, but I only played a few games. Also only just started a new game on the full version, so I will find out soon.

I didnt notice it on the Beta, but I only played a few games. Also only just started a new game on the full version, so I will find out soon.

Let me know how you get on, my poor ratings started on the beta but carried over onto the full version today, I might start a new save with somebody else and see if I have the same problem. It's probably just down to how I'm playing, with the tactical overhaul in this years game it will probably take some time to work out how to do things the right way.

At the moment I think it does it depending on when you started your save. My first save was fine. But ever since I have started a new save a few days ago it has had horrible ratings. Even though I am doing better than the first save. My friends who continued their first save have had the normal ratings they would usually expect though.

I cannot stand these ratings at the moment. Bring the value of my players down so much even though I am winning most of my games. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

They've definitely ****** up something, I think it's even worse with full backs, which were overrated in the beta.

this is definitely a problem. i load my beta save my team plays well and has good ratings but if i load my new save they play well but have bad ratings. it makes the game totally unplayable.

SI have acknowledged this as a problem at the community forums (especially with full backs in lower leagues) and are looking at a fix to the ME within the next few weeks (possibly sooner).

Can you port your old version save over to a new version? Basically I ran a cracked version to test the game out but have bought full version off steam but want to continue my current game?