eddiem352

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm just wondering how long each of you guys take per season. Obviously it will change between saves but the easiest way to calculate it is by taking your overall game time and dividing it by the number of seasons you have done!

Unfortunately I'm on my laptop atm which I don't play FM on so I can't do mine now but I'm interested to here everyone else's!

Eddie

Well that wont work for me as fm is on 24/7. Havnt exited the game in 3 months.

But I do a season roughly in 4 hours. I have done 4 seasons in 1 day before

Well that wont work for me as fm is on 24/7. Havnt exited the game in 3 months.

But I do a season roughly in 4 hours. I have done 4 seasons in 1 day before
how do you do a season in four hours?!

yeh mine take a lot longer then 4! do you go on holiday till the end of the season?

how do you do a season in four hours?!

Over 1k worth of machinery that I bought.
I have insane specs.
Intel i7 950 quad core 3.46Ghz
10gb ram(plus i use another 8gb speedboost) so 18gb most of the time
2gb dedicated Nvidia Cuda graphics chipset...not sure of the model number
I can sim the same season in less than 20 mins.

View attachment 235801

...But I do a season roughly in 4 hours. I have done 4 seasons in 1 day before

What?! How?!

I know I'm a bit slower than most people, but that is just redicilous(?) Machine specs doesen't explain all...?
1 season in 4 hours, must mean you're just doing the transfers, tactics and vacation...?

I actually watch every game (highlights at least, tweaking tactics, adjusting opposition instructions, countering their substitusions etc., and have the experience of match day). What's the meaning of not experiencing football when playing Football Manager?

I guess I'm in the oppsite end of the scale, as I use waayyy too much time on my saves. Depending on how much time I have and how deeply involved I get in saves (and how often I rage quit), I usually get to play between three and ten saves before the next version of FM is out...

That's just my way of doing it. The beauty of this game, is that you can play it as you like.

My way is of course time-consuming. I use about 20-30 mins on each match (from pre-press conference to post-press conference). You can do the math, when counting 38 league matches, plus x times cup matches, and all the time inbetween, actually building and managing the team. I'm in for hundreds of hours in a couple of seasons.
...and I love it! (6)

Last edited:
Well simple really.

I dont vacation at all. I play the matches with the text bar only, no hilights, the graphics engine can be glitchy and isnt that impressive so i refrain from using it. I dont need tweaking tactics. I have 4 highly sucessful tactics i created myself that work with pretty much any team. And i start with a shortlist of my favourite players. Usually only buy 1 or 2 players a season and i use my scouts tio pick up decent regens. Each match takes less than 3 mins from build up to finish.

Have you ever seen a pc with 18gb ram and a core i7 processer. Put it this way. From the view performance option on windows systems i have a sub score of 7.8 out of a possible 7.9 in the world. I have viertually no lag, loading times, processing or anything.

Add to the fact I have mild ADHD(very impatient) means im trigger happy and have very quick reactions. When playing fm most people cant even see what im doing the games moving that fast. Anyway enough about me. Nobody else has really answered

Wow!
Well, as I said, you can play this game the way you feel like.
To me, the experience of football, matchday, etc. is vital. And so is the creation of tactics to suit my players in every save. Doing pre-programmed stuff that you pretty much can guarantee will work anyway, just takes the fun out of the game for me.

But again, anyone can play this game the way they like it, and that's the beauty of it ;)

17 days game time 10 seasons :/ addictedness rating : your relationship has now experied

i tend to dawdle round looking at random stats ect :)

Yeah it takes me a very long time. But I watch all Key highlights for matches and do Extended for important ones and rivalry games. And in the transfer window 1 game day will take me up to an hour alone sometimes

@ steve*.....holy ****, a season in 4 hours. i do a season in a about a month. i dont rush through it, i also have a job to go to. Smashing it.

About 10 hours a season for me. I play all games no holidays. Don't do press conference or friendly games (gets tedious) spend most of time series scouting for youth :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

@ steve*.....holy ****, a season in 4 hours. i do a season in a about a month. i dont rush through it, i also have a job to go to. Smashing it.

Yeah lol. I work 6 hours a day and I am in college now aswell. I get about 2-3 hours in the evening to play fm. I wouldnt do a season a say. I spend about an hour or 2 playing fm and spend the rest of the time on steam chatting :)

Today is my free day to play FM, which happens once per 1 or 2 weeks. I finish a season roughly in 2 playing days where I play 6-8 hours. So a season for me is approximately 12-16 playing hours.