Smits

Reaction score
Alright, i've managed to get Burnley promoted to the Premier League, and pretty much dominated the championship, with being the second highest scoring team, and over 10 points clear at the top. I evwen wen on a cup run which saw me knock out stoke, everton and west brom.

However, i have already lost my first 5 games, and find myself sitting smack bottom of the league. I believe i should have at least 6 points by now, considering i have played Wolves, Birmingham, United, Arsenal and Chelsea. In two of the games, the opposition had 10 men, and in two of the games i took the lead.

it just seems i'm leaking goals left right and centre and can't hold on to anything. I'm playing on counter.

Just wonderingh if you have any tips for staying up.

What formation are you playing? Set your team to 'rigid' and have supporting full backs at home and defensive one's away.

I'd go for retaining possession too. Try to keep the ball and away from other teams if at all possible

My formation is 4-5-1 with my two wingers playing as advanced playmakers, further up the pitch and an anchor man just behind the two centre mids.

set match preparation to defensive positioning, use your subs wisely. Fullbacks, defenders, DM are your priorities to keep fresh. At around 70% they are 100% more likely to stuff up.

Can't help but think the game is ***** with me now. I cahnged to a more defensive style and my team blend thing was all full, yet i concede 20 goals in 5 games... including a defeat to cardiff.

I don;t get how one season it works, and the next it doesnt't. But it goes from one extreme to the other.

And can anybody explain why my assistant manager is so dumb? He tries to get me to tell them there's no pressure for every match, when we're 3-0 down, he tries to say he's pleased, and when we lose 7-0 he says good effort.....

Can't help but think the game is ***** with me now. I cahnged to a more defensive style and my team blend thing was all full, yet i concede 20 goals in 5 games... including a defeat to cardiff.

I don;t get how one season it works, and the next it doesnt't. But it goes from one extreme to the other.

And can anybody explain why my assistant manager is so dumb? He tries to get me to tell them there's no pressure for every match, when we're 3-0 down, he tries to say he's pleased, and when we lose 7-0 he says good effort.....

Get a new *** Man then! Your wingers may not be technically gifted enough to be Advanced Playmakers so may be put them simply as winger - support, or inside forward if you've got a lefty playing on the right and vice versa. Making sure you've got passing set to short, less creative freedom and more disciplined on the roaming setting. Play with a strong attacking Target Man. Also try dropping your defensive line slightly deeper.

You do realize that the opposition scouts your games as well right? Relying solely on one tactic all the time is guaranteed to get your *** kicked. Not saying that you need to change every match but your match preparation should have 2 tactics. Use your 451 80% of the time and use the 2nd tactic the rest of the time. a 451 with wingers instead of advanced playmakers or a 4231, just enough of a variation to keep opponents guessing.

I have 3 different tactics set up to avoid keeping the same thing all the time...

Could it be possible that letting a couple of players go has had anegative effect on the team? It was hard to keep my players and a couple of them requested transfers so i let them go.